- 1 Overview
- 2 Testing Summary
- 3 Testing details
- 4 Bug Work
- 5 Signoff
The purpose of this wiki is to serve as a general test plan for verifying that Web Authentication is supported in Fennec.
[Done] : Nightly 68 in 6/03/2019
Scope of testing
The testing will be focus on the results of Web Authentication with various devices. Web Authentication, or WebAuthN, is a new, standards-based feature for Firefox that enables additional log-in protection via the use of hardware (and software) tokens. Firefox will make use of a web API and new USB communication that will allow the use of physical, hardware keys to sign in to popular web sites that support it.
Testing will be performed on following devices:
- [ Sony Xperia Z3 Android 5.1.1]
- https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_jYLs-x48qjpiXCQgOd9jyEQUUlbVG5m_QF3iJPz5Kw/edit - Web Authentication
We should test to check the results of Web Authentication with various devices.
All Test cases have passed and all P1 bugs are fixed.
- [Fx 68 Web Authentication 68.0a1 - Google Pixel XL(Android Q)]
- [Fx 68 Web Authentication 68.0a1 - Samsung Galaxy Note 9(Android 8.1.0)]
- [Fx 68 Web Authentication 68.0a1 - OnePlus 6T(Android 9)
- Had the kick-off today.
- Started to study the documentation and about WebAuthentication
Later this week I will start working on creating TP and TC's.
TC's creation is in progress
Had a meeting with Thyla and clarified everything about devices what we have and what we are missing.
Starting next week I will try to find and buy the devices mentioned above.
Finished the test cases for WebAuthentication
- Functional and exploratory testing on Nightly 68.0a1 (2019-03-06)
- New issues filed in Bugzilla
- Meta bug: bug 1391438 - [meta] Support WebAuthn Tokens for WebAuthn on Android
|1450450||--||[meta] Android API 26 Migration||RESOLVED||FIXED||--do_not_change--[priority:high]|
|1464015||P2||Web Authentication - Rework IPC layer for future Android/Windows support||RESOLVED||FIXED||Tim Taubert [:ttaubert] (inactive)|
|1551297||P1||Use MOZ_WIDGET_ANDROID instead of ANDROID when targeting Java||RESOLVED||FIXED||[:fabrice] Fabrice Desré|
3 Total; 0 Open (0%); 3 Resolved (100%); 0 Verified (0%);
- All test cases should be executed
- All blockers, criticals must be fixed and verified or have an agreed-upon timeline for being fixed
- There were no blockers found while testing this feature.
- All bugs are fixed and verified
Beta testing NA