QA/Firefox 3.next/Test Plan:AddonsManagerRedesign/DiscoveryPane
The Discovery Pane is to be built in to the new add-ons manager to
- Introduce new users to the concept of add-ons
- Highlight editorially selected add-ons that have wide appeal
- Promote additional retention features related to add-ons such as personal recommendations and collections
Things We Test
- Default page shown to users when browser is in offline mode
- Display only recommended add-ons based on the platform that the user is on(eg do not display Mac only add-ons to Windows users , Linux only add-ons to Mac / Windows users etc)
- Do already installed add-ons show up in recommended lists ( the plan is to hide already installed add-ons
- Are notifications showed to users with no add-ons installed?(Are these notifications going to be localized?)
- Page layout
- Notifications when user clicks to install an addon from this page
- Links to addons.mozilla.org are redirected based on locale of Firefox client. If locale doesn't exist on AMO it should default to English
- XSS and other security related issues.
- Test disabling Discovery Pane via pref
- Test layout of localized pages especially right to left languages like Farsi
- Test the opt in / opt out process
- Would AMO users be able to login from this page?
- Justin answered no
Things We Don't Test
- Spec for Add-ons discovery pane
- Implementation next Wednesday April 14th 2010, prototype..........