QA/Hello share link
- 1 Hello share link
[LANDED] Nightly 40: first landed
[LANDED] Aurora 39: landed
[LANDED] Beta 40: landed
[LANDED] Release 39: landed
|Event||Probability||Impact||Current situation||Mitigation steps|
|Firefox crashes is a user clicks share link button||improbable||blocker||Share link button does not cause any browser crashes||Periodical regression testing covers this area|
|Adding many social services overpopulates conversation window||probable||high||Adding many social services will eventually add a scrollbar to avoid breaking conversation window||Periodical regression testing covers this area|
|Adding many social services changes the size of share link pop-up||probable||high||Share link pop-up does not fit in the conversation window If added multiple services||This issue is tracked in Bug 1156205 and covered by regression testing|
|Social services are displayed properly||probable||high||There may be lots of windows that will not be propperly displayed||Periodical regression testing covers this area|
|Various graphical issues while accessing share link button||probable||medium||Some graphical issues can appear while adding social services or while scrolling through services||Periodical regression testing covers this area|
Hello share links allows to share a conversation URL through different social network so it's easy to share.
- A new "Share button" is available in the conversation window when waiting alone in a conversation
- Using the share button opens a menu listing all share providers which have already been added and an option to add a new share provider. If no providers have been added yet only the option to add a new provider is shown.
- Clicking the share button again closes the menu
- Selecting the option to add a new provider if the "Firefox share" button is on the toolbar or on the panel menu will open the share panel.
- Selecting the option to add a new provider if the "Firefox share" button is on the customize palette will open a dialogue with the user offering to add "Firefox share" to the toolbar.
- If the user acknowledges the dialog the "Firefox share" button gets added to the toolbar and the "Firefox share" panel opens - If the user dismisses the dialog nothing happens when the dialogue closes
- The panel opens with a pre-populated message used for the selected provider and the message can be shared. The URL of the conversation is the URL getting shared through that mechanism.
- The conversation window remains opened whilst sharing action occurs on the sharing panel
- A Telemetry event sent each time the "Share button" gets used
- TBD: text and image being shared through the different providers
Note: the position of the "Firefox share3 icon in Fx39 has yet to be confirmed
Enabling the feature
- Enabled by default in Nightly:
- Build from 2015-04-15 bug
- [DONE] Draft test suite: here.
meta: Bug 1132301 - [User story] As a desktop client user I want to share a conversation URL through my favorite social network so it's easy to share
- Bug 1084291 - Loop (Firefox Hello)'s Settings menu persists when Loop doorhanger is closed
- Bug 1155603 - Define copy and visuals used in shareplane share message for top social networks
depends on: bugzilla query
Bug triage +/- for verification
[QE-VERIFY+] Bug 1152197 - Direct calls failure information (user available/something went wrong) no longer shows, sticks on "Connecting" or "Ringing"
[RESOLVED FIXED] Bug 1134133 - Determine marketing messages / visual assets to be used when sharing a conversation URL through the Firefox share feature
[RESOLVED FIXED] Bug 1128101 - [UX] Investigate design for integration of Hello with the Firefox share feature
Bug fix verification
Bug 1156213 - Unable to type text in 'Share this page' pop-up if conversation window is detached
- ↳ 2015-04-20:
Bug 1156205 - 'Share link' pop-up does not fit in the conversation window If added multiple services
- ↳ 2015-04-20:
Bug 1163513 - Social share dropdown list changes size if multiple social services are enabled
- ↳ 2015-05-11:
- All the test cases were executed.
- All the blocker, critical, major bugs have been fixed.
Aurora Sign-off - (date)
- [DONE] Aurora 39
Beta Sign-off - (date)
- [DONE] Beta 39
Release Sign-off (date)
- [DONE] RC 39.0 (date).