The main projects on Android mobile are Firefox, Focus, and Firefox for Amazon Fire TV.
You'll need to know:
- Basic Github operations, e.g. Creating issues in Github, forking repo and creating a pull request.
- Espresso/UIAutomator for Test automation. For more information, refer to this page.
- Java programming language.
Currently, our manual test cases are stored in TestRail which requires Mozilla LDAP access. If you do not have Mozilla LDAP account, upon request, we will provide you with a mirror of relevant test cases which you can work on.
Focus is a lightweight browser that automatically blocks a wide range of ads and online trackers. It makes it easy to erase history, passwords and cookies, so users aren't followed by things like unwanted ads. New features are typically tested first on Focus Android, so it has more tests than iOS counterpart.
Please refer to Focus Android Test Plan for additional details.
Focus automation tests are written in Espresso/UIAutomator framework, and located here.
If you would like to create a new test or fix the existing test:
- Please review Focus Android Github wiki beforehand.
- Please review UI Test wiki section beforehand.
- Login to Focus github repo, and create a focus-android issue, explaining what you'd like to work on. Once the issue is created, ping @npark-mozilla for review.
- Once the issue is created, create a PR request that contains the code change, and reference the original bug. Also add @npark-mozilla for review. At this point, we might ask you to modify your PR to improve the coding style and/or test behaviors. Make sure the test is passing for you locally before submission.
- Once the PR is approved, we will merge the PR to the master branch.
- The tests currently run on Taskcluster and Google Firebase Test Cloud. The UI tests are executed on Google Firebase when code is merged to master branch. If you wish to run those tests, you can run them locally on emulator/device via adb, or use your Google Firebase account.
Focus Android manual test cases are stored in TestRail. If you're interested in executing or enhancing the manual test suite, please contact ichiorean at mozilla dot com.
Firefox is a full-featured web browser developed by Mozilla.
The existing UI automation test suite for Firefox for Android is currently deprecated, and we are planning to develop a new test suite with Espresso/UIAutomator framework. We will update this wiki with more details.
Firefox Android manual test cases are store in TestRail. If you're interested in executing or enhancing the manual test suite, please contact ichiorean at mozilla dot com.
Firefox for Amazon TV