QA/Platform/Graphics/Betabreakers/Firefox 48 B
The purpose of this testrun is to ensure the Windows 10 Anniversary update does to cause problems for our Firefox 48 release.
Systems to be tested will be tracked in this spreadsheet.
We are looking for the following issues when they occur in Windows 10 Insider but not in Windows 10 Release:
- hangs or visibly slow performance
- visible glitches including blackening/whitening areas of the screen, checkerboarding, or other artifacts.
- crashes (be sure to submit the crash report)
If you encounter an issue, file a bug report with the following information and then carry on with your testing:
- a detailed description of the issue with steps to reproduce
- a copy of about:support as a plain-text attachment
- a link to any crash reports you submitted (retrievable from the about:crashes page)
- check if the issue reproduces in Firefox Release, Chrome, or Edge and note that in the bug
- Note: Only file bug reports for behaviours where Windows 10 Insider is much worse than Windows 10 Release.
- Note: Only file one bug report per issue. If multiple systems experience similar symptoms, please attach the system information to the existing bug report.
- 1. Create a set up
- Install the latest Firefox Beta
- Run installer and select customize
- Put the install in a custom directory (C:\Betabreakers48 for purposes of this example)
- Do not allow Firefox to start when the installation completes
- Start Firefox with a new profile:
- Change directory to the folder where you installed Firefox: cd C:\Betabreakers48
- Run firefox.exe: firefox.exe -P -no-remote - This will bring up our profile selector window.
- Use the "Create Profile" button to create a profile new profile
- Once the profile is created, select it, and then click "Start Firefox"
- Load the about:support page and copy the Graphics section to this document
- 2. Test with the Windows 10 Insider Preview (Fast ring)
- Play the WebGL Water demo in a new tab
- Run the OpenWebGames tests in a new tab
- Explore Google Maps using the Earth view in a new tab
- Play some videos on Youtube in a new tab
- Explore some content on Facebook in a new tab
- Install a Firefox theme
- Drag some of the above items from the tab bar onto the desktop to open them in their own window
- Drag these items back to the main window tab bar
- Try switching through some of these tabs in Full Screen mode
- Try restarting Firefox and restoring these tabs
- Try putting the system to sleep with Firefox running and resume the system to see if Firefox restores properly
- If you encounter an issue
Bugs reported and tagged with betabreakers-fx48b appear automatically below
0 Total; 0 Open (0%); 0 Resolved (0%); 0 Verified (0%);