The purpose of this testrun is to try to reproduce a host of issues which mysteriously appeared on June 22nd, seemingly related to hardware accelerated video playback.
Systems to be tested will be tracked in this spreadsheet.
We are looking for the following issues:
- hangs or visibly slow performance
- visible glitches including blackening/whitening areas of the screen, checkerboarding, or other artifacts.
- crashes (be sure to submit the crash report)
If you encounter an issue:
- Check if it's already in this list
- If yes, add your information as detailed below to that report
- If not, file a bug report including the information as described below
Add the following information to the report:
- a detailed description of the issue with steps to reproduce, including any URLs
- a copy of about:support as a plain-text attachment
- a link to any crash reports you submitted (retrievable from the about:crashes page)
- check if the issue reproduces in Firefox Release, Chrome, or Edge and note that in the bug
Note: If filing a new report, only file one bug report per issue and attach information for all affected systems to that one report.
- 1. Create a set up
- Install the latest Firefox Beta
- Run installer and select customize
- Put the install in a custom directory (C:\Betabreakers50 for purposes of this example)
- Do not allow Firefox to start when the installation completes
- Start Firefox with a new profile:
- Change directory to the folder where you installed Firefox: cd C:\Betabreakers50
- Run firefox.exe: firefox.exe -P -no-remote - This will bring up our profile selector window.
- Use the "Create Profile" button to create a profile new profile
- Once the profile is created, select it, and then click "Start Firefox"
- 2. Test
- ...NEED SOME TEST VIDEO SITES...
- Drag some of the above items from the tab bar onto the desktop to open them in their own window
- Drag these items back to the main window tab bar
- Try switching through some of these tabs in Full Screen mode
- Try restarting Firefox and restoring these tabs
- Try putting the system to sleep with Firefox running and resume the system to see if Firefox restores properly
- If you encounter an issue
Bugs reported and tagged with betabreakers-fx48b appear automatically below
0 Total; 0 Open (0%); 0 Resolved (0%); 0 Verified (0%);