From MozillaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

« previous mtg | QA Staff Home | next mtg »

QA Staff Meeting Notes March 21, 2012

Meeting Details

 # Every Weds @ 1:30p Pacific Time - Mozilla HQ, Warp Core 
 # Vidyo:
 # Phone:  +1 650 903 0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 95312 (US/INTL)
 #         +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 95312 (US Toll Free)
 #         +1 416 848 3114 x92 Conf# 95312 (Canada)
 # IRC:    irc://

QA Org Items

QA Team Updates

Desktop Firefox (Juan)

Browser Technologies (Tony)

  • Highlights
    • Fennec aurora updates are fixed
      • still talking about uplifting plans for M-C to aurora soon
    • BrowserID workweek this week in SF
    • Apps team working on app compatibility and RT testing
    • pancake is targeting a "beta build" by end of quarter
  • Fennec (Kevin/Aaron)
    • What is this work Jim is doing with Win 8 Metro? (See recent bugmail)
    • FF12 b2 testing this week
    • Triaging as usual, including Sync android bugs in Mozilla Services::Android Sync
    • Nightly testing, preparing for Aurora uplift
    • Started device and website compatibility testing against nightlies
    • Stability (nhirata)
    • Mobile Crash Report
      • ADUs for Aurora is low, so we will see escalated numbers
      • Need to get stability for mobile after the merge from maple
  • Apps WebRT (David/Jason/Aaron)
    • What happened this week?
      • Triage and tracking for Marketplace Beta & GA for bugs
      • Retiring the old App Sync codebase, server, and associated bugs in favor of new Apps in the Cloud approach
      • Staging server for dashboard and app directory verified to be up and running here
      • QA retrospective completed
      • Mobile Web Compatibility Analysis On-going here
    • What's next?
      • On-going analysis of tier 1 and wishlist apps on gecko vs. webkit
      • QA best practices document for application developers
      • Apps web compatibility presentation and execution
  • Sync (Tracy)
    • no client train last week
    • Tabs from other computers in for Android
    • Form data and passwords coming very soon
  • Test pilot (tracy)
    • A Firefox bug regressed TP notifications styling
  • Services (jbonacci/jrgm)
    • QA/Dev testing of Sync 2.0 against qa1, the Sync 1.1/2.0 Dev env, plus various flavors of Linux on local VMs
    • Working with jrconlin on some initial QA/Dev testing of BiPostal on qa3 VM
    • QA/Dev testing and scheduling is now active for Token Server, qa2 VM and the TS Dev env
    • QA test planning is in progress for the following projects:
      • MetLog
      • AITC
      • BrowserID +
  • BrowserID (jbonacci/jrgm)
    • This week is BrowserID Work Week
    • Also: working on Train 23: Bug 735882 - QA and deploy BrowserID train-2012.03.14 to production
  • Pancake (nhirata)
    • iOS iApp getting some more changes
    • Various backend changes have been done
    • new UI design bugs have been filed, and needs changing
    • backend changes have occurred, need to get into servers to look at logs
    • no way to "reset" easily; ie clear data
  • B2G (tchung/jhammink)
    • 2.5 milestone is the plan
    • flashing phone station in mv
    • test strategy in the works
      • includes high level test plan
      • also now have test spec for M2.5 milestone
      • did a bit of work around context switching/menu on SGS2 - turning attention to SGS targets for M 2.5

WebQA (Stephen)

  • Affiliates
    • Successful 03/14/12 release
    • Many thanks to rshetty !
  • AMO
    • AMO 6.4.7 is shipping 03/21
    • Putting together plans for the next crack at production tests
    • Marlena's been having way too much fun testing BrowserQuest (srsly)
  • Engagement Projects
    • shipped 1.10 bugs
  • Mozillians
  • MDN
    • shipped 2.5 on 3/20
  • Mozilla Reps
    • Shipping 0.2 next week
  • Socorro
  • SUMO

Community (Marcia)

  • QA Community Team Meeting today
  • Upcoming Events
    • MozCamp Latin America
      • Session Planning is in Progress
  • Video Work
    • No update this week
  • (Raymond):
    • There are currently no bugs that Raymond can work on owned by Craig although he is focusing on fixing the video bug.
    • The irc sidebar is not feasible and doesn't help our cause. We should rather focus on highlighting doc's on how to join IRC and use IRC clients. I feel every contributor should be savvy enough to download and install an IRC client if given the right direction
  • Other
    • Talk about IRC integration into QMO
      • Added this item to QA Community Team Meeting Agenda for today
    • Asa will join us next week for a discussion of what he did to build up Test Days. Calendar Entry coming soon.
    • Stephen posted a quick blog post about helping test Mozilla Reps

QA Automation Service (Henrik, David)


  • Nightly Tester Tools 3.2.2 still under review on AMO. Will hopefully be reviewed soon
  • Investigating possible features/fixes for Mozmill 1.5.10

Project updates

On-Demand Test Framework (Geo)
  • Working through launch script issues on various platforms
Mozmill 2.0 Automation Scripts Update (Henrik)
  • No update
CI system for daily and l10n Firefox Builds (Henrik)
  • Nodes for slaves have been created on all Windows platforms - Linux is left to do
  • Working on static jobs to distribute build jobs across the slaves
Mozmill Dashboard Validation (DavidB)
  • Initial work has been done, have been waiting for feedback but only received this shortly
MemChaser extension
  • Released version 0.2.1 with GC fix for Firefox 14
  • Working on the implementation of the new Garbage Collector API
  • Tooltips have been added to each widget element - long outstanding request from users
  • Version 0.3 will be released together with the SDK 1.6 early April
Open Positions (DavidB)
  • No update
Weekly Blog Posts
Case Conductor
  • Still iterating on a new name
  • Working toward 1.0 at 3/31
  • If you're ready to move to CC now, let me know and I can help get you up and running
  • I'll work on better video documentation
  • Iterating on our Privacy and Security reviews
  • Continue dogfooding on the staging server till infrasec reviews are done.
    • Move to a production server after that.

Roundtable/Discussion Items

Notes, Takeaways and Action Items


  • Notes
    • marcia to get information from Waverly to post Test Day information
    • juan, tony: will drive the initial WebRTC test requirements

Last Meeting

  • Action Items