From MozillaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

April 3, 2013

# Every Weds @ 1:30p Pacific Time - Mozilla HQ, Warp Core 
# Vidyo:
# Phone:  +1 650 903 0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 9245 (US/INTL)
#         +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 9245 (US Toll Free)
#         +1 416 848 3114 x92 Conf# 9245 (Canada)
# IRC:    irc://

QA Org Items

   New Hires & Interviews 
   Welcome  Marc Schifer

   Upcoming Events/Conferences 
   Jammink at SFHTML5 conference, April 25th; also invited to speak at MobileWebDevcon in Boston, July 16th (need to clarify that I've got the go ahead on 2).


Travel / PTO

Firefox OS Work Week in Madrid April 15-19 - [bob, tchung, marcia, jsmith, zac)

jammink - april 8-16 in Chile for IOT (Interoperability Testing)

juanb: April 5-7 pto

zac: Cluj April 5-8th

QA Team Updates

Desktop (Juan)

   Fx20 shipped today
   Fx21 going into beta on Thursday
   Fx22 aurora updates to be reenabled on Friday

   ESR (mwobensmith) 
    17.0.5 released Tuesday

   Stability (marcia)
   Waiting for FF 20 to hit 1 million ADUs to assess stability, we went out throttled

   Automation (ashughes)
   Sync Client (Tracy) 
   (done)  this section should be removed from the template
   WebRTC (jsmith)
   More crashtests being checked in - 3 more heading to the tree (10 running in CI right now)
   Patch out for offer media constraint automation for WebRTC handshakes -
   Patch out for media flow checking in PeerConnection handshakes -
   Note - PeerConnection & DataChannel targeting Fx22
   Security (mwobensmith)
   Gearing up to work on spec-compliant CSP 1.0


Mobile (Tony)

   Fx20 deployed yesterday
   bug 856445 - Startup crash on LG Optimus Black (system update to Android 4.0.4 mangled com/google/android/gles_jni) ? 
   bug 856613 - Startup crash on Xperia Neo L (Sony shipping a different ? 
   v1.0.1 bugs still holding on 49 opened tef+ bugs, IOT starting next monday
   v1.1 testcase progress below, 92 leo+ bugs opened.  33 leo+ and "feature"
   v1.2 process changing a bit, moving toward scrum teams and shorter sprints
   Device porting is hard.  Leo is up, Inari still needs new images, Buri is just starting.  Unagis remain the reference phone until further notice.

   Fennec (Kevin/Aaron) 
    Stability (nhirata) 
   Following bugs were data issue w/ socorro which are resolved [resolved] [resolved]
   Waiting for more data for Socorro for the release product.  So far it looks promising in being more stable than 19.0.2.  \o/

   B2G (Geo/jhammink) 
   Testcase related stuff (jammink)
   1.1 - Most testcases complete except for music
   dates to care about:
   April 5 - testcases should be complete
   April 8 - 10 cut new functional testrun
   Just new features/
   all features?
   MMS complete (Paul Yang); Isabel Rios says most of TEFs areas are done: and are currently being imported
   testcases are awaiting developer and QA Peer reviews
   We must also review set of testcases against
   User story query bugs:
   feature query bugs: look for scope creep or features that did not originate in the product requirements
   QAnalysts' rotating tasklist (jammink)
   resolved bug fixes and QaRegressExclude query (Resolved bugs QAnalysts can't verify)
   testcase delta | in moztrap
   keyboard suite (first suite rewrite from quanalysts) started, getting reviewed by William Hsu next week
   smoketest health check - tightening up smoketest
   Stability (nhirata)
   geolocation doesn't work well : 839724  (nhirata)
   this ends up blocking lots of apps as well as maps, and other geolocation dependent requests.
   Will be running some performance testing to get data
   Note: Depends on the server used; currently set to:
   pref("geo.gps.supl_server", "");
   pref("geo.gps.supl_port", 7276);
   using small amount of time to help UX team w/ verifications to get fixes into v1.1 (nhirata)
   Search functionality landed in the Music player, but there are some bugs. Test cases in progress.
   Discussion continues re: compatibility definition/testing similar to -- eng is defining 1.0.1 public API (i.e. doc targets) to establish scope. (geo)
   Patch submitted for Gaia build process to allow cleaner addition of apps with different build logic (e.g. keeping test-only apps out of production). Review pending. (dclarke)
   New Power tests landed on central (luqman)
   Community Members Onboarding

Services (Edwin)

    KPI - UX metrics -> collector - deployed today!
   AWS - deployment plan discussed and scheduled (4/30 SCL2 turn down)
   Trains - Karl is leading push with jrgm
   Work week 5/6 Vancouver (not official yet)
   BigTent - don't be messing with aliases, emails are good
   Some talk about adding support for other Yahoo email domains
   Gmail/Google support - TBD
   Windows/Hotmail support - TBD
   Simple Push - prototyping
   My first round of meetings, review of docs, emails, lists, pads, repos, demos, etc.
   Going to be experimenting with some try builds, looking at client, looking at server deploy and tests in AWS
   Doing Sync client/server braindump next week to PiCL team
   Might be used with Persona, will be used for PiCL
   Dev team has deploys ready for Stage and Prod

Web (Stephen)

    No updates

   B2G/Gaia testing: 
    94 tests
   Not so many regressions caught this week (good thing?)
   Marketplace sign-in functionality is now working through Marionette:
   Filed a bug to get sign-out working :-)
   Still working with Mozilla Taipei on - Cannot connect to carrier after reboot during automated test
   whole slew of camera tests (photo/video)
   un x-fail numerous tests as devs uplift fixes
   unlocking camera with passcode, 3 gallery tests
   Meeting with QA team at tef Spain about sharing ui tests and knowledge

   Engagement Projects 
    Firefox Flicks release

   Firefox Marketplace is shipping 04/04 

    Milestone 2013-04-04 slated for tomorrow


    Small release this week -
   QA was blocked on testing stage due to - we've moved the meaty parts of the release to next week to reduce risk
   Firefox Health Report
   Slated to be released tomorrow

   Community Members Onboarding
   3  new contributors this week we're reaching out to and on-boarding

Community (Marcia)

    Open Badges -
   Emily from Open Badges can come to the Mt. View office either on April 29th or May 2nd for a meeting with the QA team - which would the team prefer?
   She is traveling so those are the first available dates she has
   Probably will be a brown bag
   One and Done
   Good feedback from the Community Building Work Week
   Got detailed feedback on the mockups from a Mozilla Rep (UX designer) based in Canada, Regnard Raquedan ( and a Security Engineer (Curtis Koenig?). Scanned images should be up on the Wiki soon.
   Creating a profile should be made much easier for n00bs who have no prior exposure to Mozilla or Mozilla QA.
   Profiles could be based on personality-types (the coder, the busy-bee, the non-techie, etc.)
   Delphine presented at the Mozilla Hispano Work Week this past Saturday evening
   We should debrief when she returns and discuss next steps
   Nukeador provided some feedback and mentioned that his community (Mozilla Hispano) is looked at Teambox - - however they are looking for holistic solution for their community management
   Past Events
   Community Building Workshop -
   David Boswell rolled up this page to summarize the event:
   March 30th - #testday in Spanish during Mozilla Hispano workweek
   The topic Per-window private browsing and we had some good participation.
   Need a more detailed report from Gaby. 

   Upcoming Events 
    2013 Mozilla Summit - Please see the email sent out regarding Mozillians and vouching
   Deadline for submissions is April 10th
   There will be opportunities to be involved in the content decisions (the Summit Assembly will be about the planning of the event)
   Today is the deadline to nominate community for the Summit Assembly
   Grow Mozilla Meeting this Thursday at 10 AM Pacific:
   2013 Mozilla Festival in London
   More information coming soon - Michelle Thorne is interested in having us participate this year

   Testdays (ashughes)
   April 8th: - test day

   Video Work
   No update this week (Raymond)
    craig is working on a new events  plugin for our next push
   Persona plugin still in security review

   Community Members Onboarding

Automation Development (Henrik, Dave)

   Discussion about a revamp of the mozmill-tests merge strategy to remove the burden from Anthony's shoulder

    Mozmill CI (Henrik)
   Support for pulsebuildmonitor will land in the next hours which will prepare us for rapid betas. We will test on staging for the next week and push to production after the next beta.
   Minis are around and are getting prepared. Can be integrated soon.
   [rwood] Working on gaia-ui endurance tests, integrating with datazilla
   [rwood] Developing gaia-ui bluetooth test to pair device with the local machine

   MozTrap (Cameron)
   Another bug fix coming (possibly today)
   Rebecca helped with some updates to the MozTrap Tutorial:
   Exploring Q2 reporting needs for FirefoxOS, Fennec, Firefox, Web QA team

   Community Members Onboarding 

Roundtable/Discussion Items

   [edwong] Would like Services QA to do a demo of BigTent/PiCL - 4/17
   [marcia] Reminder that using link shortners on this page still causes issues when copying over to the wiki
   [marcia] Reminder that we have Mozilla QA postcards that can be used at events - if you will be attending an event please make sure to contact marcia or stephend and obtain some postcards before you go
   [jsmith] Q2 Goals - How are we doing?
   [marcia] Should we keep the Mt. View Meetup Group going forward?  -
   The last meetup posted was February 23, 2012
   I don't think anyone in the team is actively hosting meetups in Mt. View
   [Tchung] Where do i get stickers and other swag to pass to our partners?
   Ashley is shipping swag to Madrid
   Otherwise the new process is the Bugzilla form -
   Gear Wiki:
   [jammink]  needed - a triage for verifying QARegressExclude bugs
   [jsmith] Let's talk about this at 5pm's meeting

Notes, Takeaways and Action Items

   Action Items

   Last Meeting 
   Action Items