Platform Meeting Details
- Tuesday 2013-04-02 - 11:00 am Pacific
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 98411
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 98411
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 98411
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 98411
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 98411
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 98411
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 98411
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 98411
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 98411
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 98411
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- Engineering Vidyo Room / Warp Core / SFO-Boardroom / Tor Commons
- join irc.mozilla.org #planning for back channel
- 1 Actions
- 2 Notices/Schedule
- 3 Key Issues
- 4 Products/Projects
- 5 Roundtable
- 20.0 is live
- 21.0b1 is with QA - shipping Thurs
- Aurora updates are disabled - will enable on Friday to update to Aurora 22
|Unresolved Aurora 54 Trackers (non-security, not tracked for Beta)||Unresolved Beta 70 Trackers (non-security)|
- End of life for tinderbox.mozilla.org
- bug 843383 for any questions, comments, cupcakes, or curiosity
- Test harness preferences moving out of automation.py
- TBPL job visibility policy - now documented
- Project Stats
- Recent bug closing rate for B2G bugs (13-18 per week)
- Remaining 1.0.1 blockers (54): tef+
- Remaining 1.1 blockers (69): leo+
- Upcoming 1.1 milestones: April 5th, April 20th, April 26th (CS)
- Recent Landings of Interest
- bug 853291 add Polish to b2g gecko
- Fix for regression in power numbers for voice call and music playback bug 853454
- Fix for SMS with alphanumeric sender address is not received bug 788441
- Page thumbnails I/O moved off the main thread: bug 753768
- Most content prefs consumers have been ported to the new async API: bug 831208 and dependencies
- Blog Shout Out
- March Perf Check-Up: No talos regressions & RSS measurements are improving,see: http://gbrownmozilla.wordpress.com/2013/03/29/firefox-for-android-performance-measures-march-check-up/
- Read about updated JimDB: http://www.jnchen.com/blog/2013/03/updated-jimdb
- Usability, Responsiveness, and New Features
- Just landed: Enable IonMonkey on ARMv6 android buildsbug 855839
- WebRTC back-end will be landing in Nightly preff'd off - manual testing should be possible later this week
- bug 852714 - Amazon search URLs should include Mozilla sourceid and tag landed for Fx21
- Quality of Life
- Debugging Robocop failures just got easier with screen shots now being generated for failures bug 854549 - Robocop screenshots
- ANR reporter is enabled for Nightly and soon Aurora, next steps include working with metrics to get better access to this data bug 839683 - Enable ANR reporter in appropriate channels
- We need someone to help with bug 836263 (issue in nsPrefBranch, connected to Crossrider add-ons).
- We get very few B2G crash reports from devices, anyone having a Firefox OS device should please use them as much as they can and send the reports!
- Past week's OrangeFactor: 6.09 (Previous Week: 7.15)
- B2G emulator mochitests are visible again - thanks jgriffin!
- Progress adding logging for Windows XP XPCShell timeouts, but suite is currently hidden due to high failure rate - bug 856027.
- Android 4.0 panda robocop tests currently hidden due to high failure rate (mostly timeouts) - bug 855406.
- Items in need of attention:
- Efforts to investigate bug 761987 ("the NSS crash") have so far come up short. Any help would be appreciated.
- Crashes [@ PL_DHashTableEnumerate] after "Assertion failure: (*(uint32_t*)(table->entryStore + ((uint32_t)1 << (32 - (table)->hashShift)) * table->entrySize)) > 0" in many tests (bug 855185, bug 855793) need an owner.
- Crashes in IPC tests after "Assertion failed: ptr_ != NULL, file ipc\chromium\src\base/scoped_ptr.h, line 93" + "ABORT: CRT ERROR R6010" (bug 819132, bug 820748, bug 856353, bug 856362) need an owner.
- 23 intermittent failures fixed in the last week - List - Thanks!.
- WebRTC team fixed "the leak" (bug 833769) and another frequent assertion.
Metro [1st Tuesday of each month]
- Devices that can only run at DX9 are working with a temporary solution until OMTC has landed.
- Visual improvements to Firefox Start.
- Various issues with getting Sync connected fixed, auto-signup in Metro when signing up in desktop added.
- Touch caret + text selection landed.
- A number of top crashers fixed. ~4.5% ratio per 100 ADU.
- Lots of misc. bugs fixed.
- Last two sprint lists: here and here.
- Noteworthy upcoming landings
- Firefox Start will be moving out of XUL and into <browser> for improved panning performance.
- New combined nav and app bar.
- Form / soft keyboard interaction problems are finally going to get fixed.
- Pending a graphics branch merge, OMTC will get turned on.
- mochitest-metro-chrome (and maybe a couple other suites) should be up and running soon.
- cpearce has been fixing various dom api issues like fullscreen.
- jfkthame fixed and enabled hidpi support.
- Anthony Jones has joined in to help out with async pan zoom controller work.
- We'd love to get the profiler hooked up for graphics work (bug 850019)
- We need more daily users, currently @ ~500 ADUs. Tell your friends, tell your neighbors!
- If you don't have a Win8 tablet, please get one and help out in testing!
Games [1st Tuesday of Month]
Mobile Web Compat [2nd Tuesday of Month]
Critsmash [3rd Tuesday of Month]
Memshrink [4th Tuesday of Month]
- (catlee) New linux test hardware coming online. Test validation happening on Cedar branch. Once ready, we'll switch these over to mozilla-central and friends, and then can recycle old hardware into more windows/osx testers.