From MozillaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

« previous mtg | QA Staff Home | next mtg »

QA Staff Meeting Notes April 11, 2012

Meeting Details

 # Every Weds @ 1:30p Pacific Time - Mozilla HQ, Warp Core 
 # Vidyo:
 # Phone:  +1 650 903 0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 95312 (US/INTL)
 #         +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 95312 (US Toll Free)
 #         +1 416 848 3114 x92 Conf# 95312 (Canada)
 # IRC:    irc://

QA Org Items

  • New Hires & Interviews
    • Working on it (jbonacci)
    • Promoted BugMaster position on QMO Facebook page and Twitter
  • Community Members Onboarding
    • item
  • Upcoming Events
    • item
  • PTOs
    • ashughes: Fri Apr 13, Thu Apr 19, Mon Apr 23, working remote every day in between

QA Team Updates

Desktop Firefox (Juan)

  • Fx.Next
    • Mozmill w/Jenkins working for release testing (special thanks to davidg, davehunt, geo, whimboo)
      • we can now run automation by simply uploading a cfg file to Jenkins
      • this means Softvision can kick off our automation now if builds come out late at night
      • ashughes will be documenting the process once it gets put through a live run
  • Firefox ESR (ashughes)
    • 10.0.4ESR going to build for a beta next week
    • Will also be testing warning billboards / hotfix for Win2k, Win XP SP1, and 3.6 EOL next week
  • Crash Investigation

Browser Technologies (Tony)

  • Highlights
    • Goals draft is up
    • Fennec working toward trimming beta blockers. theres now a "soft" triage section for softblockers. On target Apr 26th
    • Server team is busy with AITC, Token Server, and Sync server. Also, busy with BrowserID - hotfix and deployment this week.
    • B2G is working toward milestone 3, and taking on tagging/building of flash builds for now. Workweek in May
  • Fennec (Kevin/Aaron)
  • Apps WebRT (David/Jason/Aaron)
    • What happened this week?
      • Finalized Q2 goals discussion for apps - Dissolved into goals for each team
      • More digging into mobile web compatibility here
      • Initial exploratory testing of web apps integration into fennec native conducted for one feature currently landed
    • What's next?
      • Finalize app quality checklist for developers
      • On-going of test plans for web apps integration into desktop and android
      • Starting test plan development for apps in the cloud client integration
      • Get clarity on QA requirements for WebRT for marketplace beta release
      • Continue doing web compatibility testing on mobile for gecko vs. webkit
  • Sync (Tracy)
    • Android
      • Some more bookmark folder reconciling work done
      • Password work still in holding pattern
      • Form performance improvements landed
    • Desktop
      • A small train rolled out to m-c today.
      • 2.0 client work being done in git. Nothing to test at this time, per gps.
  • Test pilot (tracy)
    • UI Heatmap 2012 study had to go through a couple of iterations. It is live. (jono on pto this week)
  • Sync Server (jbonacci/jrgm)
    • Functional and load test of AITC and TokenServer continues on qa1, qa2, and local installs
    • Functional and load test of AITC and TokenServer in Dev continues
    • Test planning for AITC and TokenServer in Stage
    • Rough draft AITC for April Test Plan is posted for review:
    • QA team recruiting is just ramping up
  • BrowserID (jbonacci/jrgm)
    • Finishing up current train: Train 24: Bug 740272 - QA and deploy BrowserID train-2012.03.28 to production
    • "Final" BID team Q2 goals should be posted by Thursday
  • Pancake (nhirata)
    • Search mechanism changed
    • Drive to try to release internally either today or tomorrow
      • chances are at earliest it would be next week. Most likely the following week
  • B2G (jhammink/Geo)
    • working on long range/M3 Test Plan for B2G
      • several new features in process of landing
    • Reviewing APIs and test pages with an eye on automation
    • Working with rest of dev team to get weekly candidate builds tagged and generated

WebQA (Stephen)

  • Affiliates
    • Release being delayed until tomorrow to complete dev work
    • Moving to continuous deployment (we have statsd)
  • AMO
    • Increased test coverage
    • Improving on making sure build is green
  • Careers page
  • Marketplace
    • Getting litmus tests into tracker for selenium automation
  • Engagement Projects
    • working on 2.0 release
  • Mozillians
    • Releasing today - bug 744473
    • New responsive UI hotness
  • MDN
  • Socorro
    • Milestone 6 released today
    • Automation is moving to WebDriver - HUGE shout out to the team for doing the refactor!
  • SUMO
  • Selenium 2.21.0 is released
    • we'll be taking a look at it soon (lots to work through)
  • Infrastructure
    • Getting access to our new Selenium VMs in PHX -- (private bug) hopefully today
      • This means we should be able to run our tests and have them reporting in WebDev's CI
        • ...which means getting shared responsibility/coverage on tests should be a lot easier

Community (Marcia)

  • Upcoming Events
    • MozCamp LATAM is progressing well
      • Juan, Marcia and John Hammink attending
      • John will present a BOF session on how to build B2G
      • Meeting at 3 PM today to discuss the content of the Mobile Testing Workshop
    • Mini-MozCamp in Italy is at risk
      • Not enough movement on planning. Might be better to postpone until the fall
  • Video Work
    • no update
  • (Raymond):
    • no update

Automation Development (Henrik, Dave)



  • Mozmill CI: On-demand solution is live and has been tested by Anthony against Firefox 12.0b5 candidate builds
  • Mozmill CI: Henrik is working to get coverage of beta candidate builds via Pulse by end of this week
  • Tests: Refactoring current Mozmill tests to make them compatible with Mozmill 2.0
  • got some security / privacy feedback. addressing now.
  • Beginning dev work on case ID prefix (Ubuntu request)
  • spec'ing out:
    • automation connector
    • global, sticky "Product" filter
    • test run tags features (for Ubuntu and Kilimanjaro)
  • 2012 goals are specified

Roundtable/Discussion Items

  • Kilimanjaro Draft is publicized. Discuss QA strategy and approach (tchung)
  • Q2 Goals for Entire QA Organization (jsmith)
  • Switching meeting structure to new QA org (jsmith)
    • Desktop
    • Mobile
    • Services
    • Web
    • Automation
    • Community
  • From last meeting: Cross QA Team Collaboration Reflection - Come prepared at next staff to do this (jsmith)

Notes, Takeaways and Action Items


  • Action Items
    • Contact Jason or Tony if you are interested in joining the Monday 1 PM Web App meeting.
    • Krupa to lead the effort to create a description of a "good" bug
    • Reference when refining your goals.
    • Think about ways we can improve the ways people use Bugzilla, Github to communicate within the project.
    • Geo will refine the QA weekly staff meeting template and add a Kilimanjaro section
    • Figure out the best way to use the Mac Minis.
  • Notes
    • Try to use other channels to talk besides IRC
    • Try to help each other out with Test Days - get out of your area for a bit
    • Very small desktop team - the rest of the team needs to help when asked because the platform is our bread and butter.
    • Dogfood your android device :) and help with the mobile effort
    • If someone seems slammed, ask them if they need help.
    • 50 Mac Minis are available for our use - see the email that Bob sent

Last Meeting

  • Action Items