QA Staff Meeting Notes June 23, 2010
- Welcome Aaron Train as a consultant working remotely from Toronto
- Overview (2 min brief update)
Desktop Firefox (Juan)
- Fx 4
- Code freeze: possibly tonight, or tomorrow.
- Where are we in regards to Beta 1 features?
- Estimates: Will we be able to test the functionality scheduled for Beta 1 by next week.
- Must have: list of test cases intended for a wide audience, such that we can share and have people help us test. For example, google docs spreadsheet, etherpad
Maintenance and Security (Al)
- Firefox 3.6.4 and 3.5.10 shipped yesterday (6/22)
- Code complete for Firefox 3.6.6 and 3.5.11 is scheduled for Friday, 6/25.
- We plan to ship this release before Black Hat at the end of July.
- Current focus is on verifying 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199 bugs and waiting for OOPP bugs to come in.
Browser Technologies (Tony)
- Q3 goals defined
- This week's notes
- 1.1 rc is out
- 2.0 code freeze targeting 6/25. working on flushing out 2.0 testplans (awaiting doc ready)
- android nightlies still busted
- Sdk 0.5 to ship tomorrow
- Ayan to complete installer check this week
- Sync 1.4 will land on trunk this week, bug 571902
- need to confirm this is targeting fx4b2, not b1
- Test pilot
- the feedback extension (input+testpilot) is at 1.0b9, and in testing now
- to test it out, grab from the tip in hg
- Shipped AMO 5.11.2 last night @ 4pm
- On-track to ship SUMO 2.1/1.5.5 tonight @ 4pm
- Shipping AMO 5.11.3 next Tuesday
- We're testing the Firefox 4 beta pages
- Launching the Student Reps mini-site next Tuesday
- Blogged about our automation setup/efforts
QA Services (Marcia)
- Crash/Feedback Analysis
- Awaiting feedback from the 3.6.4 release. https://wiki.mozilla.org/Releases/Firefox_3.6.4/RRRT will track possible issues. If YOU see any pattern for a issue, let me (-> Tomcat) as RRRT TeamLead now.
- Continue efforts to have bugs on file for top 20 trunk crashes. Continuously monitoring new crashes as patches are checked in.
- Since the Tuesday nightly build, Firefox 4 with accessibility and NVDA or Orca as the screen readers loads pages like BlindCoolTech faster by 30% compared to Monday's nightly, even 3 times faster than Firefox 3.6.x (2 seconds instead of 3 and 6 respectively).
- Other perf and memory improvements landed last week that make Firefox 4 with accessibility use less memory and hopefully stopped a memory leak that could hit under certain not even rare conditions when closing tabs.
- Also have landed 1 accessibility crash fix for 3.6.6 bug 529192, primarily important for Thunderbird 3.1.1 since they already took this patch on their relbranch. Also have another patch in the pipeline that just landed on m-c which we want to get into 1.9.2 which will fix a long-standing issue with Thunderbird when tabbing from the message body to the subject field and vice versa (bug 503428).
- Mozilla Summit
- https://wiki.mozilla.org/Summit2010/Schedule is up. Newsletter indicating we will know more about which proposals were submitted on June 28
- See https://wiki.mozilla.org/QA/QA_Services/Meetings/2010-06-16#Summit.2FSummit_Presentations_.5Bmarcia.5D for list of what we proposed.
- QA Videos
- Some feedback that QA promotional video was too MV-Centric and needs to be more global in nature
- Upcoming Conferences, Events and Events
- Firefox 4 Testing Meetup in MV: http://quality.mozilla.org/events/2010/firefox-4-beta-testing-meetup/
- Meetup planned for Blogher Conference in August. Most likely will be Thursday, August 5th. Working with Marketing to plan this meetup.
- Mozmill Tests
- New tests: 2 BFT tests
- Shared Modules: 4 enhancements / fixes (Update tests, non modal Windows)
- Fixes: 14 fixes
- Status 3.5/3.6: Todays test-run is green for nearly all vm's
- Status 3.7: About 6 broken tests still to fix
- Still investigating mystical hangs
- License updates to Public Domain
- Started to use/create local test cases (litmus data)
- L10n: Adrian will fully start next week
- Test result data project: Finished design phase, needs implementation for Mozmill
- Mozmill Crowd extension: UI ready, working on backend (can already spawn a Mozmill test-run)
- Q3 goals (complete list of goals)
- Director's goals discussion update (matt)
- update QA got an A- rating! Special attention to outsourcing, QMO2, and improved developer-qa communication. Litmus 2 was a big miss, and promised more attention next quarter by testdev
- Q3 Goals (company intranet)
- discussion Firefox 4 is the company goal
- re-emphasize continuous testing on nightlies
- crowdsourcing and community building focus (target summit folks to start, QMO to be a larger use of the platform)
- more attention on web compatibility level of testing
- How to test Fx 4 Beta 1? (juanb)
- BFTs across the board
- Feature Testing
- Anything that is ready for Beta 1 should be tested, between now and July 1st
- If we have more time and resources: BFTs (outsourced?)
- Website compatibility suites
- Need to categorize by types of sites (email, video, banking, social, etc...)
- Need to come up with list of most popular, high priority
Takeaways and Action Items
|Fx4 Beta 1 Features Testing||Everyone with a feature scheduled for b1 or alpha5||Feature must be tested by end of the week next week|
|Fx4 Beta 1 Test Plan Draft||juanb||today|