- 1 QA Services Team Meeting
- 2 Discussion Items
- 3 Project Status
QA Services Team Meeting
- June 16, 2010
- No formal crashkill meeting this week. Currently reviewing Alpha 5 and 3.6.4 data since builds just went out.
- CrashSpike in Crash-Stats for 3.6.4 - Investigation is still underway (Tomcat)
- https://intranet.mozilla.org/Socorro:Spike_Actions#Next_Steps has some info related to that. See Christian's latest email for the summary.
Accessibility Status Update [marco]
- Firefox 4
- Perf bugs bug 566103, bug 571532 and bug 541618 landed late last week. We're working through some slight regressions/crashers that are now showing up like bug 571459 and bug 571246.
- Also expecting another perf boost from bug 572394. This is currently in review.
- Overall, Firefox 4 will be noticeably faster for both Windows and Linux users using assistive technologies. page load times, updates on heavily dynamic pages etc.
- Note that much of this didn't make alpha 5, but will be in the next release (beta1?) and is currently being dog-fed on the nightlies.
- Firefox 3.6.4 build 7 is good to go from my end, as was to be expected.
Summit/Summit Presentations [marcia]
- Summit Proposed Presentations are now available: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Summit2010#Request_for_Proposals
- Proposed QA Breakout Sessions:
- WebQA and You: The Whats, Hows, and Whys of What We Do, and How We Can Use Your Help - stephend
- Mozmill Cloud Testing - hskupin
- Bugdays and You - ashughes
- Plans for Fx Input - aakash
- QA on a Global Scale - marcia/matt and others
- What does the new Add-Ons Manager UI sound like? - Marco/Matt assisting(?)
- Proposed QA Breakout Sessions:
- Science Fair Sessions
- "Come by and have your favorite web site read out to you! - marcoz
- Related Summit Presentations
- Getting to Confirmed: Improving Bug Triage - ctalbert
- Proposed from Community
- Making Memorable Interfaces: The Book of Kells, Saliency, and User Interface Design - Tanner M. Young
- NVDA, An Open Source Screen Reader for Windows - James Teh
- Proposed QA Lightning Talks
- Firefox Feedback Review and Analysis - marcia
- Bug Writing Guidelines - a QA perspective - marcia
- Waiting for the official schedule to see when there will be a time slot for the QA mixer
QA Videos [marcia]
- QA Promo Video International Version targeted for the Summit
- Status check on the Team Videos - how are individual teams progressing on their video plans?
- Need to leverage the work week and make plans in advance to get Rainer's time
Community Events [marcia/tomcat]
- Tomcat and Marcia attending http://www.communityleadershipsummit.com/
- Marcia attending Blogher conference in NY. We will be doing demos of addons in the Geek Share and there will be lots of opportunities to meet our community.
- Thinking about doing a Meetup in NYC on Thursday night. Need to figure out a venue where we can host it.
- Linuxtag 2010 Done!
- Contact to a lot of Community Members and User. Firefox Performance (with/without addons) was a big topic.
QMO2 Update [aakashd]
- need links qa services page to accessibility, byob projects etc.
Agenda items for next meeting [marcia]
- Create an IRC channel specific to QA for the Summit.
- done. tomcat created the channel for Summit 2010.
- need links qa services page to accessibility, byob projects etc. populate this page with the different projects. Deadline is by the end of the week
- Meetup topic for Mt. View will be Live Testing of Firefox 4
- tchung to create the post and send to to marcia
- Matt still wants Dashboard Metric of how many nightly testers we have.
Three levels of videos
- Video that comes out of the Summit introductions
- Team Videos
- Will be professional, example would be Marcia's How to write a good bug.
- Informal videos
- Consider hiring a resource to editing. Maybe from the community or craig's list. Getting student to help with the project.
- Meetup topics for Mt. View
- Two Ideas - Live testing event
- Labs build your own project
- Decision made to go with live testing on 7/21/10
- Community Events
- We should try to take advantage of being in other cities, etc for conferences. Even meeting up with the community informally can be a win.
- QMO 1.1
- akizmut spam blocker
- calendar update (Details coming soon from Aakash)
- content updates
- permanlink issue raised by hskupin