From MozillaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

« previous mtg | QA Staff Home | next mtg »

QA Staff Meeting Notes Sep 01, 2010

Haiku Readings

  • Geo
  • Tony

New Hires

  • Welcome Cameron Dawson
    • Cameron will be working on the Desktop Firefox Team with a strong eye on future autmation projects.
  • Welcome Naoki Hirata
    • Naoki will be working on the Mobile QA team.
  • Welcome Dave Hunt
    • Starts Oct 20th
  • David Burns has accepted our offer!
    • Starts Oct 25th

Project Status

  • Overview (2 min brief update)

Desktop Firefox (Juan)

  • Firefox 4
    • Beta 5: Ongoing Testing
      • Tentative ship day, next Tuesday, Sept 7
      • Potential re-spin being evaluated: bug 592563 - Mouse/key events sent to plugin while in background tab

Maintenance and Security (Al)

  • Firefox 3.5.12 / 3.6.9
    • Beta was shipped last week.
    • Final release is 9/7
  • Firefox 3.5.13 / 3.6.10
    • Proposed schedule will be circulated for comments by Christian this week.

Browser Technologies (Tony)

  • Fennec (Tony)
  • Sync (tracy)
    • Integration to Fx4 has stuck
    • 1.5betas of the extension are in progress. Fx4 a higher priority for testing focus (per Justin).
  • Test Pilot (tracy)
    • Test pilot team pushing for continued integration in Fx4 on beta channel
    • Dev focus is on new studies
  • Jetpack (ayan)
    • Jetpack SDK 0.7 released last week(8/26).
    • FlightDeck 1.0a5 planned for next week(9/5).
    • Planning to move from hg to github
  • Crossweave (ayan)
    • Flagged more bugs for in-testsuite?

WebQA (Stephen)

QA Services (Marcia)

  • Crash Investigation
    • Meeting with David Tenser and Laura Thomson during Work Week to discuss post-crash User Engagement. See for a description of this initiative.
    • Tomcat and Marcia filed new bugs that were introduced in Beta 4.
    • Marcia continues to monitor new trunk bugs.
  • Community Planning
    • Meeting set during work week to discuss 2010/2011 Community events
    • Meeting with Mark Surman during work week to discuss leveraging Drumbeat events worldwide.
  • Video Work
    • Video objectives set for work week will include a Robot video with each team. Need to nail down which days we will target this shoot - Marcia meeting with Rainer this week to discuss. This video will be a introduction to the team and what they work on with Dave Hunt starring as the Robot.
  • Tomcat
    • Checking on Events, likely in Berlin end of September - other Events to be determined - also started planning on Cebit 2011 - will be Mozilla-General-Lead for this.
    • Crashtracking is ongoing - excellent showcases of work QA&Devs like bug 592698 about 90 minutes from filing Bug to involvement of Dev :) also TopSite CrashChecks ongoing
    • Posting about 3.6.9 and 3.5.12 in beta was picked up by press ->
    • ++ to Marco for using the Nightly Tester List - so can you too!
    • For Postcrash i will be point person, so let me know if you have questions prior the meeting so i can bring it up.

  • Accessibility:
    • FX4
      • Dealing with bug 591874, encompasses both work on a possible solution and reaching out to various assistive technology vendors to determine the impact this Windows widget change has. It is, to say it bluntly, rahter profound and worrying right now.
      • While the above is ongoing, dealing with some more perf improvements under the hood that can be done and land despite the Windows breackage because they are covered by Mochitests and Talos.
    • FX3.6.10
      • Landed an important fix for bug 583952, a crasher having to do with using certain newer features. Once that version becomes available, it'll unblock NVDA on Windows from releasing their next major version.

Test Automation (Henrik)

  • Mozmill
    • Mozmill 1.5 (formerly 1.4.2) has been released
    • Post Mortem scheduled for tomorrow at 9am PDT
  • Mozmill Tests
    • Continued efforts to move remote test cases to local test data (also Litmus)
    • Lately landed Add-ons Manager patches will allow us to start working on updating the AddonsAPI now.
  • Automation
    • Machines in the QA lab are getting an upgrade to Mozmill 1.5 now
    • New temporary results view on brasstacks (more dynamic and informative)
    • Lots of additional work was necessary because of fallouts from the landing of major changes in Firefox (Panorama, Omnijar, Silent installation)
  • Dashboard
    • Working on the specs. Ready later today for discussion.
  • Others
    • Started work for the QA automation presentation
    • Henrik will attend @CouchCamp (Sep 8th - 10th)

Discussion Items

in-litmus? Bugday [ashughes]
  • See draft testplan
  • Needed feedback:
    • Spreadsheet to track work during bugday
      • Please add sheets for your components. Any questions? Anything unclear?
    • Pre-bugday Survey to visualize our audience
      • Any feedback?
    • Post-bugday survey to visualize our audience's experience
      • Coming soon, will need feedback
    • Schedule of activity
      • Does it make sense?
    • Signups
      • Moderators
        • 15 2-hour slots available between noon and 6pm PDT
        • Need 1 person per slot
        • Would like to see wide participation (each person takes 1 time slot)
      • Assistants
        • 18 2-hour time slots available between 8am and 8pm PDT
        • Need at least 1 person per timeslot (ideally 2 or more)
        • Would like to see wide participation (each person takes 2 time slots)
      • Contributors - for those times when we will just be there
        • Please add yourself to the list and the times you will be around
    • Tasks
      • Anything unclear? Any feedback or questions?
    • Documentation summarizing QMO document's most important points
      • Anything unclear? Any feedback or questions?
    • Component Owners will be expected to help contributors
      • Please let me know if any information is incorrect
    • Prizes and Tiers - 3 levels, Top Tester, Grand Prize draw
      • Please send me your feedback and questions
    • Teams of 2 QA & 5 community members, depending on interest
      • Please sign up if you are interested

Round Table

  • Should Community discussion happen outside the QA Services meeting? (matt raised this item came in marcia's 1:1)
    • Some options are to continue discussion of community events and community building at QA Services meeting or have a separate meeting that focuses just on community.
    • Tomcat: We have to make sure especially for QMO that the whole Team is involved because it affects the whole Team. Having this discussed in the smaller QAS :) Same for Video and the Bugday Topic from last time.

Takeaways and Action Items

Item Owner Due Done?
Review bugday testplan and send Anthony feedback Team Fri Sept 3