QA Staff Meeting Notes Aug 4, 2010
- Overview (2 min brief update)
Desktop Firefox (Juan)
- Firefox 4
Maintenance and Security (Al)
- Firefox 3.5.12 and 3.6.9
- Code Freeze on 8/12.
- First official builds on 8/24.
- Release is already full for bugs and we're turning away non-Blocking bugs for 1.9.2.
- 37 126.96.36.199 and 11 188.8.131.52 bugs already fixed.
- 23 unfixed Blocking 184.108.40.206 bugs
- 15 unfixed Blocking 220.127.116.11 bugs
Browser Technologies (Tony)
- Fennec (aakash)
- Fennec 2.0 alpha 1 Code freeze is targeting next tuesday, 8/10
- but date is iffy, as there are concerns that the builds are still unstable (f10s pieces still need landing, known issues with layers work, Android has large patches coming
- Mobile work week Aug 16-20 in mv. Scratchpad of topics.
- Sync (tracy)
- Sync 1.4.3 extension landed in AMO last week
- Sync for Fx4 is a mess and backed out of beta 3. Quick reason is because the sqlite upgrade breaks the the way sync traditionally polls db views. does not affect places. Should be fixed by tomorrow's nightly. bug 571897, bug 583339. Tracy is back to take lead.
- Test Pilot (tracy)
- feature landed in beta 2
- Jetpack (ayan)
- Crossweave (ayan)
- Shipped AMO 5.11.6
- Coming along nicely, aiming to ship August 16th
QA Services (Marcia)
- First meetup in NYC on Thursday night: http://www.meetup.com/Mozilla-in-the-Big-Apple/calendar/14115600/. Some Drumbeat folks should be there as well.
- Next Mountain View Meetup will be during our Work Week in September. Ideas go here: http://etherpad.mozilla.com:9000/QAMeetupTopics
- Community Planning
- See Tomcat's section.
- Future QA meetings with include more discussion on this topic.
- Working new Community Projects, see https://wiki.mozilla.org/QA/Community_Plans
- Identifying Conferences where we should attend - or starting to lead/co lead events
- Also creating new topsite testing lists for media content etc
- Was featured here http://download.chip.eu/en/Downloads-from-the-Experts-Top-5-Firefox-Add-ons-from-Carsten-_Tomcat_-Book_7556301.html?tab=5
- FX 3.6.x: Still working with different people on issues that steem from OOPP, which are uncovered by anti-spyware/anti-virus software utilizing the accessibility APIs and encountering problems with OOPP. Different people from all over the platform team are helping with that.
- Mozmill 1.4.2
- Released Beta 2 last Friday
- Beta 3 targeted for Aug 6th with one more week of beta testing
- Mozmill Tests
- Started to move remote test cases to local test data (also Litmus)
- L10n patch to run all tests in localized Firefox 4.0 builds has been landed
- Mozmill tests have their own component on Bugzilla now: Testing / Mozmill Tests
- Possible joint Firefox 4.0 Beta 3 and Mozmill testday next Friday, 13th?
- qa work week update https://intranet.mozilla.org/QaEvents:QA_Work_Week_Sep_13,2010
- Meetup topic needs to be identified asap
- Team Presentations (Matt,Tomcat) - * QA will be way more active on Events with Marcia and Tomcat as the leads. For Events it would make sense to have a basic set of slides that we can use for this Events. So i (Tomcat) talked with Matt and we think a cool team-idea would be to have 1 (one) slide from each team that we could use for this basic slide set. So its to every team to compact all the great information you have about your team to fit it into one awesome slide :)
- in-litmus? count ~500, too high http://tinyurl.com/2b6xc65
- tcm (litmus 2) update, Matt
- update on Raymond
Takeaways and Action Items
|Item Description||Owner||Date Due|
|Manage in-litmus? query into sizeable chunks, for example Fx4 specific.||juanb||by next week|