From MozillaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

`= QA Staff Meeting MMM DD, YYYY =

# Every Weds @ 1:30p Pacific Time - Mozilla HQ, Warp Core 
# Vidyo:
# Phone:  +1 650 903 0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 9245 (US/INTL)
#         +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 9245 (US Toll Free)
#         +1 416 848 3114 x92 Conf# 9245 (Canada)
# IRC:    irc://

QA Org Items

QA Show and Tell

New Hires & Interviews

  • [jammink] December 9th, auditing a Ruby course
  • [stephend] still searching for our 2014 Web QA internship candidate

Upcoming Events/Conferences


Travel / PTO

  • TRIBE training:
    • [jammink] December 10th-? Tribe
  • [ashughes] PTO Nov 15 to Dec 3
  • [mbrandt] PTO Dec/Jan 2.
  • [lizzard] Dec. 10 (Tribe)
  • [marcia] PTO Nov. 26-27
  • [jammink] PTO, January 2-10
  • [nhirata] Traveling 28th/Dec 1.
  • [geo] PTO, Dec 19-20

Roundtable/Discussion Items

  • Can we get official word on inari support, will it work for 1.3 but invalid config? [edwong]
    • Might be better to bring this up in the b2g qa roundtable?
  • Crash reports were not processed for a couple days. In the process of backfilling. It should be sorted by EOD

QA Team Updates

Desktop (Juan)

  • Firefox
    • Fx26b7, b8 shipped this week (Nov 25, 27)
    • Australis (currently on Nightly) will not be riding the Fx28 train, the target for it is Firefox 29. The Holly branch has been set up to ensure the backout works cleanly on merge day. - As intended!
    • Metro could ride on Fx28.
  • ESR (mwobensmith)
  • Stability (tracy)
  • Automation (ashughes)
  • Security (mwobensmith)
    • Upcoming TLS 1.1 testing for FF26, and more for FF27
  • Community

Mobile (Tony)

  • Firefox for Android (Kevin/Aaron)
  • B2G (Geo/jhammink)
    • [jammink] kicked off 1.2 dogfooding pass:, started
    • [jammink] burirun 4 complete. The bugs:
    • [jammink] Automation: still working on
    • [jammink] feature testing for 1.3 (not started)
    • [jammink] Edge gestures testing (completed one round)
    • [jammink] SIM Customization testing (ongoing for 1.3)
    • Stability (nhirata)
    • [nhirata] Mnt View Build Machine setup for buri, helix, leo, and fugu as well as gaia, and upcoming 1.4 camera changes
    • [nhirata] APZ exploratory testing occurring
    • [nhirata] Training 2 members of Qanalydocs for Exploratory testing; hands on training on browser
      • next week: exploratory testing w/ the 2 mentees : UX and APZ
    • [nhirata] meeting with SUMO next week to talk about 1.1/1.2 issues
      • updated SUMO in big change of Haida and bookmarks being on homescreen
    • [jsmith] 1.2 getUserMedia + Web Notifications API exploratory testing completed
    • [jsmith] Assisting in UX/QA Quality Review Processes
    • [geo, dclarke] CTS work underway on Activities and TCP Socket
    • [dclarke] Conversation opened w/ ahal and jgriffin re: Mochitest on-device
    • [geo] Reviewing performance test protocols w/ team as well as stats analysis to make sure we have the right metrics with the right confidence.
    • [geo] Determining perf testing strategy re: APZC.
  • Community Members Onboarding

Services (Edwin)

  • Identity/Persona
    • Train going out next week, found a load testing issue with logging
  • FxA
    • Next week is an important work week in SF - team will be completing the first major Engieering milestone towards having a working FxA for FTE and Marketplace in FFos 1.4.
    • Load test environment is being updated this week and next in conjunction with the work week.
    • The Stage environment is finally being built next week.
    • Just flashed a custom build of gecko/gaia to start working on tests for fxa on fxos
  • Sync
    • A maintenance release is planned for the second week of December. Server changes requiring some minimal QA involvement.
    • There is still no firm schedule for the next version of Sync - which was pushed off in favor of getting FxA running across FFos, Android, desktop, and web (for alternative browser support)
  • Heka
    • v0.4.2 is due out any day now. v0.5.0 is already in the Dev channels.
  • Loads
    • Nothing new to report here except for some minor tweaks to handle the new Python-based load test for FxA.
  • AddOns Registration
    • Testing is on hold pending some resolution of the ongoing PRD discussions.
  • Talkilla
    • SV is testing
  • GeoLocation
    • The Dev team sent the QA team a quick update on the project and its projected QA needs in Q1.
  • Presence
    • QA is tracking discussions, demos, and the prototype
  • Community
    • 10-15 people have emailed about contributing

Web (Stephen)

Community (Marcia)

Automation Development (Henrik, Dave)

  • General
  • Projects
    • mozmill ci (henrik)
      • Huge issues with Jenkins crashes which we are trying to fix step by step (better monitoring, lowering cpu load, server mode, etc)
      • Today's push to production failed due to broken ondemand update tests (reverted back to
      • Automated triggers for nightly builds on holly branch available soon
    • mozmill-tests
  • MozTrap (Cameron)
  • Community Members Onboarding

Notes, Takeaways and Action Items


  • Notes
  • Action Items

Last Meeting

  • Action Items

Template available at: