- 1 Documentation
- 2 Glossary
- 3 FAQ
- 3.1 Milestones
- 3.2 Repositories
- 3.2.1 Q: What repositories do we use for the rapid release process?
- 3.2.2 Q: What is the Firefox version number used in each repository?
- 3.2.3 Q: What is the gecko version number used in each repository?
- 3.2.4 Q: Does mozilla-central require approval flags in bugzilla?
- 3.2.5 Q: Does mozilla-aurora require approval flags in bugzilla?
- 3.2.6 Q: How is one repository merged to another?
- 3.2.7 Q: When does stabilization occur?
- 3.3 Triage
- 3.4 Channels
- 3.5 Features
- 3.6 Security & Stability Updates
- A summary of the process is at: http://mozilla.github.com/process-releases/draft/development_overview/
- A detailed process plan is at: http://mozilla.github.com/process-releases/draft/development_specifics/
- Stabilization is the process of backing out and preff-ing off features and changes
- Downstream Repository is the repository from which an antecedent or Upstream Repository is merged to, for instance mozilla-aurora is the downstream repository for mozilla-central in the current
Q: What are the milestones for FF5?
A: mozilla-aurora merges to mozilla-beta on May 17. Other milestones are described here
Q: What are the milestones for the release after FF5?
A: The next merge from mozilla-central to mozilla-aurora should occur May 24.
Q: What repositories do we use for the rapid release process?
A: mozilla-central, mozilla-aurora, mozilla-beta and mozilla-release described here
Q: What is the Firefox version number used in each repository?
A: mozilla-central uses X.0a1, mozilla-aurora uses X.0a2, mozilla-beta X.0 as described here
Q: What is the gecko version number used in each repository?
A: Same as the Firefox version number as described here
Q: Does mozilla-central require approval flags in bugzilla?
Q: Does mozilla-aurora require approval flags in bugzilla?
A: Yes. Set approval-mozilla-aurora? to request approval.
Q: How is one repository merged to another?
A: The mechanics are described here
Q: When does stabilization occur?
A: After the pull to the next downstream branch. For instance mozilla-central is merged to mozilla-aurora and then stabilization occurs on mozilla-aurora.
Q: How do I nominate a bug for action in the mozilla-aurora repository?
A: Set tracking5?
Q: How do I see what bugs have been nominated and approved?
Q: What channels exist for updates?
A: Nightly, Aurora, Beta and Release
Q: Where is the channel download page?
Q: Why isn't nightly on the channel download page?
A: Users getting nightlies should be very conscious of the risks.
Q: What locales will be built for the Aurora channel?
A: All 88
Q: What locales will be built for the Beta and Release channel?
A: All locales that have been shipped before or are new and well supported
Q: How are features handled?
A: Using feature pages, more details are at Features/Planning_and_Tracking
Q: What features are being worked on for the next release?
A: In general feature status is available on the release tracking page
Q: How do I suggest a feature?
Security & Stability Updates
Q: How will users get regular security and stability updates?
A: By being silently updated to the next release.
Q: Will there still be chemspill releases for critical issues?