Releaseduty is a rotating job that is designed to keep everyone away from releases, except while they're on releaseduty. The person on releaseduty is responsible for doing most releases that week (see below for exclusions), and should be prepared to delay other work on their plate if unexpected releases come up.
- Beta releases (except Beta 1s, but including unscheduled ones)
- Chemspills/high priority releases that start during your regular work day
- Final releases, because they are often more complex than other releases.
- Beta 1s, because they often require extra merging to do
- Chemspills or other high priority releases that start after/before your EOD
- Blocker level bugs on already shipped releases