We ship Firefox to the world!
Release Engineering does this by:
- Developing world-class, scalable, open, secure, and maintainable infrastructure for application builds and tests, on a diverse set of desktop and mobile platforms
- Building fast and reliable pipelines to transform source code into shipped products
Contacting Release Engineering
Our team is located on 3 continents and in 4 time zones. This allows us to provide better service, especially if you contact us using one of the following methods:
- To request a new service, please file a bug
- To ask a general question, ping in #releng on IRC, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- To request status on an existing request, set the "needinfo" flag in the bug.
Our team works normal business hours for our respective time zones. If you need to escalate an issue that is both urgent and important, use the following methods:
- Use #releng in IRC or email email@example.com, starting your message with 'URGENT:'. If no response in 15 minutes, then
- Be sure the bug severity is set to "blocker"
- Call one or more of the following people (nagios page preferred if you have access):
If you get voice mail, please leave your callback number.
If you are interested in getting involved with Release Engineering, please see our contributing page! We'd love to hear from you.
Mozilla's Release Engineering:
|Ben Hearsum||bhearsum||@bhearsum||Ben's blog|
|Justin Wood||Callek||"Callek's Blog"|
|Chris AtLee||catlee||@chrisatlee||chris' random ramblings: programming, photography, media, and anything else that strikes my fancy|
|Chris Cooper||coop||@ccooper||Five Different Types of Fried Cheese|
|Hal Wine||hwine||@hwine||I am the blog of Hal Fire, and I bring you……interesting tidbits of release engineering|
|Kim Moir||kmoir||@kmoir||Releng of the Nerds|
|Michael Shal||mshal||Mike Shal's blog|
|Morgan Phillips||mphillips||@linuxpoetry||Poetry about the Linux kernel / blog about programming and life.|
|Selena Deckelmann||sdeckelmann||@selenamarie||Tending The Garden|
|Nick Thomas||nthomas||@nthomasftang||F'tang F'tang Release wrangling at the bottom of the world|
|Rail Aliiev||rail||@railaliiev||Rail's blog|
- How Tos - a collection of instructions for specific tasks
- Development Best Practices - read this when you're starting something new
- Wiki Guidelines - how to wiki garden for fun and profit
- Applications - Various applications and services that RelEng provides
- Deployment - How we deploy our tools, and how do we update them.
- Overview Architecture Diagram - an architecture diagram that gives a high level overview of systems involved in producing releases of Mozilla's software
- Release Checklist
- Releng Post Mortem Meetings
- What is releaseduty?
- Release Automation
- Update Generation
- How To: So you're on buildduty...
- Managing Buildbot with Fabric
- Treeherder wiki page
- Clobbering the Tree
- Bug Triage
- RelEng+IT shared downtime
- Project Branch Planning: how to request a new project branch
- Build and Test Log Error/Warning Reference: Debugging red and orange in results