Contacting Release Engineering
Our team is located on 3 continents and in 4 time zones. This allows us to provide better service, especially if you contact us using one of the following methods:
- To request a new service, please file a bug
- To ask a general question, ping in #releng on IRC, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- To request status on an existing request, set the "needinfo" flag in the bug.
Our team works normal business hours for our respective time zones. If you need to escalate an issue that is both urgent and important, use the following methods:
- Use #releng in IRC or email email@example.com, starting your message with 'URGENT:'. If no response in 15 minutes, then
- Be sure the bug severity is set to "blocker"
- Call one or more of the following people:
If you get voice mail, please leave your callback number.
Mozilla's Release Engineering:
|Aki Sasaki||aki||@escapewindow||escape(window): blog|
|Armen Zambrano Gasparnian||armenzg||@armenzg||Armen Zambrano's battlefield|
|Ben Hearsum||bhearsum||@bhearsum||Ben's blog|
|Justin Wood||Callek||"Callek's Blog"|
|Chris Atlee||catlee||@chrisatlee||chris' random ramblings: programming, photography, media, and anything else that strikes my fancy|
|Chris Cooper||coop||@ccooper||Five Different Types of Fried Cheese|
|Hal Wine||hwine||@hwine||I am the blog of Hal Fire, and I bring you……interesting tidbits of release engineering|
|Kim Moir||kmoir||@kmoir||Releng of the Nerds|
|Michael Shal||mshal||Mike Shal's blog|
|Nick Thomas||nthomas||@nthomasftang||F'tang F'tang Release wrangling at the bottom of the world|
|Pete Moore||pmoore||Collected thoughts|
|Rail Aliiev||rail||@railaliiev||Rail's blog|
- How Tos - a collection of instructions for specific tasks
- Development Best Practices - read this when you're starting something new
- Wiki Guidelines - how to wiki garden for fun and profit
- Applications - Various applications and services that RelEng provides
- Deployment - How we deploy our tools, and how do we update them.
- Release Checklist
- Releng Post Mortem Meetings
- What is releaseduty?
- Release Automation
- Update Generation
- How To: So you're on buildduty...
- Managing Buildbot with Fabric
- TBPL - Tinderbox Push Log
- Clobbering the Tree
- Bug Triage
- RelEng+IT shared downtime
- Project Branch Planning: how to request a new project branch
- Build and Test Log Error/Warning Reference: Debugging red and orange in results