Release Rapid Response Team - Firefox 3.0.4 This is the coordination page for the the new & experimental Firefox Release Rapid Response Team.
The team will be watching for feedback from all over and reports of "possible" or "emerging" issues will be aggregated here as soon as they're discovered. As issues get confirmed, they'll be turned into bugs and passed on to the Release Drivers team and nominated for fixing in the next dot release. Those confirmed issues will also be "written up" for deployment by Support, blog commenter, Firefox_answers, etc.
- Needs investigation bug 464864 - After updated, Firefox 3.0.4 uses 100% of the CPU while idle
- Potentially new crash involving AVG 8, bug 446224. A user in live chat reported this starting right after installing AVG 8 anti-virus+firewall (this file). The crash signature is 0x00, making it hard to identify in top crashes. reporter's hijackthis log. Zzxc 06:29, 14 November 2008 (UTC)
- Two users in live chat reported all of these symptoms, one in safe mode (but with coFFPlgn.dll), and the other with "answers, IE tab, and map+" extensions. Zzxc 06:29, 14 November 2008 (UTC)
- All popup windows not working
- File->New Window not working, but File->New Tab working normally
- Firefox Hangs on exit
- Unable to open Live Chat using Firefox
- Two Mac crashes were reported in live chat, both turned out to be bug 459531. We have seen this crash often before the 3.0.4 release as well. Zzxc 06:29, 14 November 2008 (UTC)
- Investigating https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=457234 - Tomcat
Google toolbar (possibly in conjunction with another addon maybe NoScript) can cause tabs to stop functioning (except the first). bug 468474
Data Migration or Loss
- Also there are reports about Password Manager Problemsso far this reports are mostly limited to the German Firefox Community Forum. There is only one new bug in Bugzilla -> https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=464698
This might be something like mentioned in https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=451155#c17 If we see such reports in Sumo etc we have great debug instructions, see https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox:Password_Manager_Debugging - Tomcat
Sites not working
- I've had two users report that gmail won't load in standard mode and instead loads in basic HTML mode. Putting https: in front of the URL works as does adding ?a=stsv to the end of the URL. I can't reproduce it but it may be a momentary weirdness on gmail's side.