Release Rapid Response Team - Firefox 3.0.1 -> Firefox 3.0.2 minor update
This is the coordination page for the second effort by the new & experimental Firefox Release Rapid Response Team.
The team will be watching for feedback from all over and reports of "possible" or "emerging" issues will be aggregated here as soon as they're discovered. As issues get confirmed, they'll be turned into bugs and passed on to the Release Drivers team and nominated for fixing in the next dot release. Those confirmed issues will also be "written up" for deployment by Support, blog commenters, etc.
http://twitter.com/coreyweb/statuses/932424966 "Just updated to Firefox 3.0.2. All but one extension made it through alive." he replied "I got a warning for FaviconizeTab. But after restarting Firefox, the extension is enabled." so it looks like we're OK here. That's expected behavior, right?
http://twitter.com/wtfdillon/statuses/933126604 "http://twitpic.com/cyk5 - Just upgraded to Firefox 3.0.2, and I keep getting this error message. Is anybody else seeing this?" Looks like Password Bank, whatever that is, isn't working in 3.0.2. Looks like this is not us. Rey found a forum post on Toshiba laptops' Password Bank feature with a workaround for _their_ problem. I tweeted "re: Password bank: Go into Protector Suite config & disable firefox integration, close, open back up, and re-enable."
- TwitterFox problems after update to Firefox 3.0.2 - I've asked for more specifics from each of these reporters. Rey, can you look into the extension and make sure its versioning and whatnot is correct (I'm assuming it is but it may have new bugs in 3.0.2)
http://twitter.com/mhectic/statuses/932586089 "The operation cannot be completed because the item "firefox-bin.rsrc" is in use." I don't know WTF I'm doing, but I'm ruining my Mac! (Asa: not sure what's going on here. Asked for more info.) More info: could be he had another user logged in to Mac in the background with Firefox running.
Data Migration or Loss
- Some Reports about lost Passwords after Update to 3.0.2 -> investigating this reports -> Tomcat
Sites not working
General, Unknown, or Other
- Keep an eye out for: Feeds and external feed handlers. Several bugs were fixed in 20017/3.0.2 which deal with feed handling - juanb
- Firefox update on Ubuntu breaking Firefox completely? Asked for more info. waiting.
- http://twitter.com/anxiousdog/statuses/933108382 Updated Firefox for Ubuntu and now nothing is working correctly... argh.
- http://twitter.com/magnus_gylfason/statuses/932746478 Firefox 3 borked on ubuntu 8.04 after todays update, am I the only one experiencing this?
- Just noticed a bit of a spike in complaints of download slowness for updaters starting around noon today. Filed bug. https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=457083 might not be anything big, but just in case.