Release Rapid Response Team - Firefox 3.5
This is the coordination page for the the new Firefox Release Rapid Response Team.
The team will be watching for feedback from all over and reports of "possible" or "emerging" issues will be aggregated here as soon as they're discovered. As issues get confirmed, they'll be turned into bugs and passed on to the Release Drivers team and nominated for fixing in the next dot release. Those confirmed issues will also be "written up" for deployment by Support, blog commenter, Firefox_answers, etc.
- Crash in [nsViewManager::SetViewVisibility(nsIView*, nsViewVisibility] is caused by the Google Toolbar. Currently #81 crash with Mac only affected.
- This thread has more info: http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Toolbar/thread?tid=37b670bab43d8a89&hl=en including a suggested workaround from Google:
We're working on a fix for the crashes that occur when the search suggestions window closes. In the meantime, disabling suggestions may prevent future crashes. To disable suggestions from the Toolbar Options window, follow these steps:
1. Click the wrench icon. 2. Un-check "Suggest searches as you type." 3. Click "Save."
Saw some user reports about Problems with the Youtube Site and Firefox. Seems that some Problem can be caused by the Video Downloadhelper Extension.
The workaround/comment from the Addon-Devs on the amo page is "We have opened a bug on this issue that we are not able to reproduce: http://bugzilla.downloadhelper.net/show_bug.cgi?id=5 Fill free to add details there.Also, note that as a temporary workaround, you can uncheck parameter 'Detect Youtube HQ' from the preferences, section 'Capture', tab 'YouTube'."
Data Migration or Loss
Sites not working
General, Unknown, or Other
- Good number of reports of "Firefox slow to Load" from hendrix. Almost all are from Win XP or Win 2K users.
- This is probably bug 501605
- Blank Hover Tooltip in Browser Window
- Disable Google Toolbar and the issue disappears