Releases/Firefox 3.6Br5/Test Plan
Firefox 3.6 Beta Revision 5 Testplan
Coordinating QA: juanb in irc.mozilla.org, firstname.lastname@example.org. Or ping someone in #qa
Description of Release
This is the fifth revision to Firefox 3.6 Beta. We will be releasing short-cycle beta updates leading up to a final release candidate in the weeks ahead. This revision is of limited scope.
Specific Plan for Beta Revision 5
We will run a brief QA cycle consisting of spot checks based on the smoketests, as well as a few l10n spot checks, and updates tests. The idea is to get these beta revisions out frequently to a larger audience and to get feedback.
We will spot check en-US builds using the Litmus smoketests as a guide, and we'll run some l10n spot checks and updates checks.
All dates tentative:
- Builds Start: Dec 4
- QA: Dec 14 (after all-hands week)
- Smoketests and Other OS Spot Checks: Dec 14 (3 people)
- l10n spot checks: Dec 14 (3 people)
- Updates checks: Dec 14-15 (3 people)
Builds for all beta revision 5 candidates can be found here:
- Spot Checks: Pass
- l10n Spot Checks: Pass
- Updates Checks: Pass (pending WinCE) (betatest, releasetest, beta)
- Accessibility: Pass
- Bugs Filed: bugs filed this cycle
- dll Blocklisting
- Full Screen Mode/Full Screen Video
- Plugin Update Referrals
- Lightweight Themes (Personas)
- Session Store
- Tabbed Browsing
- File upload
- Bug Fixes
- Please look through the list of bug fixes for focus areas.