Releases/Firefox 4/Macaw/Test Plan
Firefox 4.0.1 Test Plan
Description of Release
This is a normal security and stability release for Firefox.
Specific Plan for 4.0.1
We need to verify bug fixes and go through the usual testing for a maintenance release: smoketests, basic functional tests, and updates checks.
- Code freeze for non-blockers: 3/17/2011
- Code freeze for blockers: 4/12
- Build #1 starts: 4/13
- Build #1 available: 4/14
- QA with builds start: 4/14
- Automation tests: 4/14
- Smoketests: 4/14
- BFTs: 4/15 - 4/18
- Build #1 released to the beta channel: 4/19 (??)
- QA finishes build #1 verification: 4/18
- Final release: 2011-04-26
- Releasetest & Release Channel Testing: 4/26
- Smoketests: 2 people
- BFTs: 2 people
- Updates checks: 1 person
Bugs to Verify
- Focus on critical and security bugs first.
- Mark bug as verified adding the keyword verified2.0