This page is deprecated. We don't use Responsys directly anymore. We have built a web service for all of our newsletter needs, and it can talk to Responsys or do whatever it needs!
The web service is called Basket and provides a REST API for working with it. See Mozilla.com/Newsletters.
Use this PHP library.
The function you'll use the most is BasketService::subscribe which takes an array of parameters to pass. The available fields are outlines in basket's documentation.
Viewing subscriptions in Responsys
- Log in
- Go to the "Folders" tab
- Go to the "!MasterData" folder
- Subscriptions are kept in "CONTACTS_LIST" (obviously, be extremely careful with this list)
Read the sections above.
Follow the instructions in "Viewing subscriptions in Responsys" above.
What to test?
- Form validation. Email should be valid, privacy checkbox should be required, etc
- Subscription fields are saved. For every newsletter, there are at least two
- CAMPAIGN_NAME_FLG (e.g. ABOUT_HACKS_FLG) - this is "Y" for "subscribed" or "N" for "unsubscribed"
- CAMPAIGN_NAME_DATE (e.g. ABOUT_HACKS_DATE) - this records when the user signed up
- There might be others. For example, the about:mobile form has country, first name, last name, etc. Check that these are saved correctly.
- Confirmation email. Every newsletter sends a confirmation email. Check the format and content (copy, links, etc)
- Unsubscribe form. Every newsletter has an unsubscribe form. You can find an unsubscribe link at the bottom of the confirmation note you received when you subscribed.