SeaMonkey Meeting Details
- 1 Agenda
- 1.1 Action Items
- 1.2 SeaMonkey 2 Alpha 2
- 1.3 Longer-Term SeaMonkey 2 Planning
- 1.4 Roundtable
- 1.5 Any other business?
- Who's taking minutes? --> Ratty
(who needs to do what that hasn't been recorded in a bug)
- Summarize SeaMonkey vision thread to useful goals, post them, and get a final series of comments before deciding on them in the Council [KaiRo]
SeaMonkey 2 Alpha 2
As we do not have a flag for Core/MailNews Core, here are the ones for TB
Tree is FROZEN for this alpha right now!
- What's left to fix?
- bug 467091 has WIP patch by mstange.
- Ratty has a patch for blocker request bug 465089 that has approval 2.0a2 and
is ready for checkinhas just been checked-in.
- We probably need to look at the topcrash bugs and see if there are any that we can wait for a fix for, minimize in some way or add as known issues to the release notes top crashers.
- IanN will look into these to see if any affect us, and add those to the release notes.
- When can we start builds, when release?
- As soon as bug 467091 lands we can do a release branch from that changeset.
- 1.9.1 is pretty silent so far, so we can just take its tip and tag it. And if FF abd TB can release betas with the current state, We can do an alpha based on that easily.
- Who can sum up changes for the release notes? Any issues we need to add? What to put into the announcement?
Longer-Term SeaMonkey 2 Planning
Major wanted/needed features:
- bug 381157 Download manager.
- bug 390025 Kill-wallet (password manager).
- No Progress to report.
- bug 382187 Places history.
- Some more work on the code happened, would like to land this early in alpha3 cycle to get testing and followup work.
- We won't have complete feature parity with the initial landing, a number of things will be restored in the follow-ups.
- Nightly testers will need to be warned. KaiRo will do a blog post. Ratty will post to mozillzine, and we should also post to the newsgroups.
- bug 345526 Reimplement FAYT.
- landed for alpha2.
- Caused regression bug 466994. This should be added to the release notes.
- bug 36810 Session restore.
- Still waiting for review - can Andrew do that or do we need a different reviewer?
- bug 394288 / bug 413385 Toolbar customization.
- bug 428216 landed.
- Toolkit bug 407725 was in mozilla-central for a brief period.
- But got backed out due to intermittent test failures, due to race conditions. Callek has fixed the test in bug 467209.
- There are some other known minor issues, one probably easy fix of the patch itself (bug 467272), another is a Firefox extension breakage (bug 467045) that should be fixed in the now updated extension. Another is Thunderbird expecting old behaviour (bug 467012). Gavin is eager to get this in again, as are we. Probably will need separate trunk and branch checkins now.
- bug 456757 Modern theme update.
- Kuden has delivered an updated /mozapps/ in the form of a theme jar file, and is now working on global/
- Some perquisite changes in Modern need to be landed first in bug 465924 (Modern Update: changes in global/).
- We shall probably need to file separate sub-bugs for each sub module in mozapps/ - Ratty.
- bug 460699 Make the default theme look better on mac.
- No change.
- bug 454847 Fishcam update.
- Waiting on new http://www.fishcam.com/ (by the original fishcam creator) might just be what we are looking for.
- bug 410613 OpenSearch. helpwanted?
- Opensearch is something sgautherie wanted to look into, but discovered it needs more than just building it; we also need some work of integrating it into several places.
- For the search sidebar we can look at the Firefox Search Sidebar extension on A.M.O. for some ideas as it reimplements our UI in Firefox.
- bug 453797 SeaMonkey installer improvements.
- landed for alpha2.
- Handling bug 420506 Thunderbird kill-rdf.
- bug 415372 Implement Feed Preview.
- No progress.
- bug 460960 Port Thunderbird tabbed interface to MailNews.
- Mnyromyr wants to get tabmail into a3 but this is still in the planning stage.
Status Updates from developers - what are you working on, what's the progress, any other comments? (feel free to add yourself to the list if your name is missing and you have interesting status).
- bug 463824 Created a patch that will make depend builds work right when I land DLMGR and got that checked-in.
- bug 467209 Fixed a test that failed causing Neil's toolbar customize fixes to be backed out, was in-fact a random test.
- Various discussions in the newsgroups.
- Been investigating context menus in mailnews and looking at what will be landing for TB post current freeze.
- Been looking at blocker list, very few requests.
- Work has been eating up my weekends recently so little else done.
- Checked in bug 464921 L10n Makefile restructuring
- Fixed bug 466795 mailwindow breakage by forking header pane XBL
- Integrated the content we still had linked from Mozilla 1.x docs into 1.1.13 relnotes
- Created 1.1 screenshots page as well as a 2.0 version, both still need better linking
- bug 464920, another build system sync, checked in
- more places history work
- Some release driving work for 2.0a2
- As always, my blog has more detailed status about my work.
- Finished installer patch and checked it in
- Started working on bug 444913 - Port |Bug 413781 – XBLify folder-selection menus| to SeaMonkey
- bug 36810 (session restore).
- bug 459550 (Port Bug 448976 (turn the Session Restore prompt into an error page) to SeaMonkey).
- bug 425480 (non-ASCII characters should be decoded in the urlbar).
- bug 455877 (port Bug 254714 to SeaMonkey).
- Bug reporting and bug triage.
- Fixed bug 345526 Make suiterunner FAYT work with toolkit typeaheadfind.
- Implemented Parallel building and fixed two regressions.
- Toolkit bug 407725 was checked-in in mozilla-central for a brief period.
- Spotted and removed an obsolete theme file (from both themes) in bug 466179 (mailWindow2.css is obsolete).
- added text shadow rules for the windows classic theme in bug 69710 (Disabled menu items need more three-dimensional appearance).
- Dealt with fallout from bug 428216 and filed some follow-up bugs.
- Track fallout and regressions from bug 407725 landing.
- Worked on some minor bugs e.g. bug 414014.
- Did some triaging.
- Responded to user concerns in newsgroup and forum (mozillazine) postings.
- Fixed SeaMonkey bugs:
- And working on other areas...
- Did some work on bloat scripts so that SeaMonkey (e.g. nye) can run off the same script as Thunderbird (bug 465968
- Note: hope to be hooking up mozmill to leak & bloat tests in the near future.
Any other business?
The Talos Firefox 2 boxes are being shut down. Will this affect our testing coverage?No they only run Firefox perf tests.
- The new firefox store allows you to make your own designs. Sounds potentially interesting. KaiRo will look into this.