< SeaMonkey | StatusMeetings
« last meeting | index | next meeting »
SeaMonkey Meeting Details
- Time: February 10, 2009, 13:00 UTC
- Location: #seamonkey IRC channel
- 1 Agenda
- 1.1 Action Items
- 1.2 SeaMonkey 2 Alpha 3
- 1.3 Longer-Term SeaMonkey 2 Planning
- 1.4 Roundtable
- 1.5 Any other business?
- Who's taking minutes? -> Ratty
(who needs to do what that hasn't been recorded in a bug)
- IanN to triage blocker nominations for 2a3.
- Only one blocker left bug 460952 (Ensure Thunderbird kill-rdf doesn't break SeaMonkey). So far no noticable breakage.
SeaMonkey 2 Alpha 3
open blockers all blockers blocker requests
- Plans for freeze:
- Thunderbird has been pushing out again to Thursday 12th February 2009 23:59 PST, and according to our decision last time, that's also our freeze now.
Longer-Term SeaMonkey 2 Planning
Major wanted/needed features:
- bug 381157 Download manager backend.
- According to Callek patch for DLMGR + progress-stub is ready. However this will probably slip past alpha3. Changed to blocking-b1+.
- bug 472001 UI for download manager.
- Review done as far as possible with the code only. Waiting on backend.
- bug 36810 Session restore.
- r/rs+ and sr+ are there, unfortunately the patch only works correctly with bug 459550 (turn the Session Restore prompt into an error page) so need to get this going as well.
- Toolbar customization bug 394288 (Navigator) bug 413385 (MailNews). Navigator toolbars are now customizable. Bug 406780 (In OSX The customizeToolbars window should be in a <panel> popup) is now fixed so OSX now uses a panel. Remaining:
- Blocker: bug 475920 (Make customizable menubars work without regressing OSX). We can fix this easily with a platform specific rule for OSX. But I need some direction from the module owner on how/where to put this fix.
- Non-blockers: bug 475921 (tidy up CSS) bug 464653 (Fine Tune the toolbar context menu).
- MailNews main window: Turning this on is now just a SMOP. However based on the Thunderbird codebase I foresee that one or more of the mailnews buttons that are widgets will break or lose their state due to their XBL being unbound during customization. We shouldn't turn this on before A3. After A3 I can turn this on but someone more familiar with the mailnews code base will have to help fix any regressions.
- Toolkit bug 476814 (Unfork/Unify customizeToolbar.* and customizeToolbarSheet.*) I have backported my enhancements to toolkit. The patch has r+ from mano but has yet to be checked in on trunk; and it needs to land on 1.9.1 subsequently as well.
- bug 456757 Modern theme update
- The next step is to file bugs/patches for each sub-module under mozapps/ in order to get reviewed. Ideally a graphically oriented person should to drive this - helpwanted.
- If someone (who is reading this) understands our review process and can drive the existing stuff into the tree, please help us there!
- bug 460699 Make the default theme look better on mac.
- No progress at the moment but stefanh says he will look into this soon.
- bug 454847 Fishcam update.
- Waiting on new http://www.fishcam.com/ (by the original fishcam creator) might just be what we are looking for.
- bug 410613 OpenSearch.
- Handling bug 420506 Thunderbird kill-rdf.
- bug 460952 Ensure Thunderbird kill-rdf doesn't break SeaMonkey.
- bug 460953 Port jminta's kill-rdf to SeaMonkey where applicable.
- mcsmurf should have more time next week to look into this.
- bug 415372 Implement Feed Preview.
- asrail is going through the review comments but making slow progress.
- bug 471346 (Port GetDefaultFeedReader to SeaMonkey shell service) mcsmurf has r- so will need to work up a new patch.
- bug 460960 Port Thunderbird tabbed interface to MailNews.
- Mnyromyr needs to sort out forking and moving files from mailnews to suite to get tabmail done correctly, as his initial patch broke Thunderbird by changing shared files.
- bug 382187 (use places for SeaMonkey history).
- The Places History Manager is near complete. There are only a few minor issues left such as can't bookmark multiple pages yet, or can't open them as a tab group.
Status Updates from developers - what are you working on, what's the progress, any other comments? (feel free to add yourself to the list if your name is missing and you have interesting status).
- bug 415372 The first review round from Neil gave more work than expected. I'm progressing slowly. Still dependant on bug 471346.
- bug 381157 Download manager backend.
- A patch for DLMGR + progress-stub is ready.
- Currently working on pref migration, and the actual progress stuff.
- bug 471932 Do some tidy up/fixing of feed subscription and related code - fixes lots of issues with the new shared code - new patch with updated folderDeleted tests is waiting for review.
- bug 469498 Combine messagePaneContext and threadPaneContext - landed.
- Various fixes to TB's new folder pane (should help SM in the future) - bug 465015 drag+drop of message not blocked to its originating folder, bug 467994 drag and drop subfolder to root of account is blocked/fails and bug 473001 Re-add support to reorder newsgroups using drag drop.
- Usual reviewing and commenting.
- Did some build system ports, and also improved build times.
- Went to FOSDEM 2009.
- Gave a talk about the new SeaMonkey Vision.
- Demonstrated new features in SeaMonkey 2.
- As always, my blog has more detailed status about my work.
- fixed some small Windows DDE related bugs.
- Worked on toolbar customization. See the Longer-Term SeaMonkey 2 Planning section for more details.
- Fixed bug 406780 (In OSX The customizeToolbars window should be in a <panel> popup). In Firefox this is a build time switch but in SeaMonkey I made switching between a pop-up window and a (pseudo)sheet dynamically controlled by a preference.
- Fixed bug 477369 (Error: prefpane.paneload: loadSubScript(...) failed).
- Worked on bug 433532 (Add an item to open about:config to advanced prefs) but currently held up be interminable bike-shedding.
- Bug triage.
- Attended FOSDEM 2009 in Brussels.
- Fixed (or in-progress) SeaMonkey bugs:
- bug 476237 Can't drop between two folders on Personal Toolbar anymore
- And working on other areas... like
- infrastructure for running tests
- filing bugs for leaks in (TUnit and Reftest) tests
- doing an (experimental) Windows mozilla-central SeaMonkey build, reporting to bug 470184 issue tracking; hoping for bug 464325 new tinderboxes.
Any other business?
- VPAT for SeaMonkey (Similar to Firefox's )- IanN has contacted Gerv, response was that we should contact Frank Hecker about accessibility issues.
- The KompoZer project leader, kaze, approach us at FOSDEM 2009 and said that he might be willing to help on updating Composer. Also see his blog post.