SeaMonkey Meeting Details
- 1 Agenda
- 1.1 Action Items
- 1.2 SeaMonkey 2.0.5
- 1.3 SeaMonkey 2.0.6
- 1.4 SeaMonkey 2.1 Alpha 2
- 1.5 Feature List, Planning
- 1.6 Roundtable
- 1.7 Any other business?
- Who's taking minutes? -> Ratty
(who needs to do what that hasn't been recorded in a bug) We should assign people to the open items.
- Get permission from Google to use their geolocation JSON service [KaiRo]. Contact at Google says they don't want additional specific consumers of the service right now and want to enable some general way of accessing it "some time" - We can only wait right now. No easy solution in sight. Also, discussing a possible open Geolocation service.
- [InvisibleSmiley: Does "Opera 10.6 Beta Geolocation" change anything?]
- KaiRo says No.
- Builds done and on beta channel, ready for release from our POV.
- Based on Gecko 126.96.36.199, target for Firefox releases probably this week, see Releases.
- We're waiting for them to release the same security fixes as FF 3.5.10 in sync.
- Based on Gecko 188.8.131.52, target dates TBD, see Releases.
SeaMonkey 2.1 Alpha 2
- We should think about going for this next milestone soon. Thoughts about freeze dates?
- We can cut a2 any time. The new Addons Manager is working more or less. Nothing else is an alpha blocker in the blocking? list.
- Nice to have: Firefox tabbrowser API compatibility [almost done], a working linux64 build.
- We will probably need an a3 so a fast a2 would be good so that there will be enough time for a3.
- Target dates: 22nd for freeze and 29th for release.
Further 2.1 scheduling:
- Please help updating New 2.1 Features page as we go.
- Plans for 2.1: 6-8 weeks per milestone, a2 once places bookmarks have landed and baked for a few days, at latest in July, b1 in August/September, and a final in October/November.
- This seems to match recently presented Firefox 4 plans relatively well - they'll go for beta in June and Final in the same timeframe as we have in those plans right now.
- It would be good to get OOPP (Out Of Process Plugins) for SM2.1 but we need some way to build libxul to be able to build OOPP. Various Mailnews work has to be done for that to be possible.
Feature List, Planning
Bug statistics for last two (full) weeks: 32 new, 18 fixed, 13 triaged.
- Good further triage targets could come out of looking at the component bug counts, pick yours!
- Can we get OOPP at some point? More patches from bug 377319 have landed, but there are still four patches that need sr, and import needs platform-specific love. Even after that, we are not sure if LDAP can be linked externally.
Major wanted/needed features:
- bug 423281 Help updates.
- some work done by IanN and InvisibleSmiley.
- InvisibleSmiley has website write access now, i.e. can amend the Help section.
- bug 463903 (form autocomplete documentation): no progress.
- FAQ to cover e.g. double-click / down arrow in form fields?
- We are about to split the MailNews Help file into smaller chunks which will make back-porting to the 2.0 branch harder (but has other obvious advantages).
- bug 483282 Make sure normal SeaMonkey use doesn't pay a price for having Venkman installed [Mnyromyr].
- bug 471346 Port GetDefaultFeedReader to SeaMonkey shell service [mcsmurf].
- Landed on trunk and has a2.0+ but not landed on branch yet [InvisibleSmiley: Anything speaking against checking this in?].
- Callek will check in to branch "tonight" (Tuesday) if no-one beats him to it.
- Had a slightly odd result of importing the patch, posted imported patch to bug and requested review from mcsmurf to be sure things should still be ok to land. -Callek
- bug 460953 kill-rdf port [sgautherie].
- Postponed until mcsmurf (or sgautherie) can resume work on it.
- bug 436794 Enable Mac OS X system address book per default and add UI.
- SM UI needed, unowned, helpwanted.
- bug 410613 OpenSearch. helpwanted.
- We need to check if OpenSearch can support all our existing functionality, for example the INTEPRETS section in Sherlock search plugins. Mnyromyr will check on that, and on how extensible the Firefox code is.
- The current consensus it to get some basic functionality going with OpenSearch first. And then later to see how much of the old functionality we can reimplement in follow-ups.
- bug 449728 Drag tabs between windows.
- Jeffrey Lee, a Seneca student, is looking into that!
- bug 498596 Places bookmarks. [KaiRo]
- First few review comments have come in, addressed locally and even backported to Firefox, hoping more will come in soon. Please keep testing yet the try builds.
- bug 480734 Satchel data editor ("Form Manager").
- unowned so far.
- bug 477845 Build a standalone (Gecko 1.9.3) Composer. [kaze]
- kaze will look into that once KompoZer 0.8 is done.
- bug 477840 Backport KompoZer to Composer (Depends on bug 477845).
- kaze has done a ton of work there. He's made good progress and is hoping to have the DocumentTabs patch ready
by SundayReal Soon Now. We're still trying to work out some organizational issues.
- At the moment there is no active interest from MoMo for bringing standalone composer into comm-central. That's something we (KaiRo and kaze) will have to negotiate with the Thunderbird team (dmose)
At the latest during the Firefox summit.
- bug 523274 Complete new default theme icon set.
- bug 526210 Update the icon set for the SeaMonkey Modern Theme.
- Some proposed icons got posted, we should take a look how to get that contribution into the product.
- The rest is unowned so far.
- bug 521927 Make Search, Folder Location and Views widgets for MailNews customizable toolbars. [IanN]
- bug 97023 Search/Find in page UI: toolbar instead of dialog [bfrisch].
- bug 533908 SeaMonkey Mail: tabs not restored [misak].
- bug 467867 [META] Implement Firefox TabBrowser API in Seamonkey [misak].
- bug 558614 [loadTabs(), loadOneTab() and change addTab()] is in the final stretch, waiting for the final round of reviews.
- Final patch to be uploaded today.
- bug 561600 Addon Manager Integration
- Progressing reasonably (Still some larger issues, including Modern Theme) --Justin Wood (Callek) 04:19, 15 June 2010 (UTC)
- bug 569341 Implement a Data Manager unifying cookie, permission, password, and form data management.
- KaiRo has an experimental add-on containing his work on this: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/162068.
- ToDo: Needs to actually react to the observers and update the UI when data changes.
- We need to find a solution for Lightning, which is targeting Thunderbird 3.1 now.
- Lighting 1.0 beta 1 is for SM2.0 and TB3.0, 1.0 beta 2 is for TB3.1 (Gecko 1.9.2). Further versions will probably be for 1.9.3-based releases.
Status Updates from developers - what are you working on, what's the progress, any other comments? (feel free to add yourself to the list if your name is missing and you have interesting status).
- Lots of checkin-needed work.
- Including a failed rename and broken tools.
- bug 553815 [SeaMonkey 2.1] mochitest-other: browser_Services.js reports warnings and exception m-c.
- bug 467051 Introduce GLOBAL_DEPS to build system (gfx/cairo) m-c.
- bug 568733 patch for mobile specific browser-chrome tests breaks seamonkey m-c.
- bug 570902 Remove ifdefs relating to MOZILLA_1_9_2 from Thunderbird c-c.
- bug 565191 Add build option "--with-debug-label" (c-c part) c-c.
- bug 569839 Port bug 569365 (kill preprocessor.pl) to comm-central c-c.
- Ready to land:
- bug 565191 Add build option "--with-debug-label" (js/src part) js/src.
- Worked on and Waiting for reviews:
- bug 557210 Update MozillaBuild's Mercurial to version 1.5.x mozbuild.
- bug 512490 Remove REQUIRES from comm-central c-c
- bug 556394 Allow a single option to control tag/revision to pull in client.py c-c.
- bug 569839 Port bug 569365 (kill preprocessor.pl) to comm-central (venkman part) venkman.
- bug 572049 Make notification bar open the Addon Manager in browser rather than its own window c-c.
- Coming Soon:
- Usual testing, reviewing and commenting.
- Working on (waiting for review / superreview):
- Bugs fixed.
- Triaging bugs in Help component.
- Waiting for review/feedback:
- Next in line:
- Port |bug 522761 Add hidden option to maintain folder hierarchy when doing archiving| from TB.
- Continued work on Data Manager, integration in SeaMonkey is now bug 569341, and nominated the new version for public on AMO. Only updating the UI to observed data changes is missing now.
- Landed patch for replacing "site" and "web site" with "website" where fitting (bug 423282).
- Installed YASM on Mac and Linux, gcc 4.5 on Linux build machines (bug 570994, bug 571007)
- Created a "one year" hardware requirements projection and sent it to sethb.
- Investigated buildbot upgrade (bug 567035) but found it difficult without puppet-files access (bug 571021).
- Done some build system reviews.
- Fixed packaging of a missing file of the new add-ons manager (bug 561600)
- Investigated a mochitest leak (bug 557120)
- I also discovered that password manager has wrong observers (bug 571108 - but has been duped to an older once since).
- Reacted to first reviews on places bookmarks (bug 498596).
- Filed a bug and first patch on porting those review comments to Firefox (bug 570788).
- Updated German shared parts and SeaMonkey to go green again.
- Posted publicly about Whistler.
- Wrote a post on the importance of the platform.
- As usual, my blog has more detailed status about my work, and Mozilla Status Board Posts also tell about my next planned steps.
- Fixed bug 471346 Port GetDefaultFeedReader to SeaMonkey shell service.
Fixed (or in-progress) bugs:
- bug 533908 SeaMonkey Mail: tabs not restored.
- bug 558614 Implement Firefox TabBrowser API: loadTabs(), loadOneTab() and change addTab() to get feature parity.
- bug 558996 Port bug 522545 [some tabs not loaded, are stuck in zombie mode] to SeaMonkey. Has review.
- bug 564677 Port bug 539594 [Middle-clicking back/forward/reload should open the new tab next to the current one].
- bug 567726 Port bug 561702 [sessionstore should not use RegExp static state] to SeaMonkey [Fixed].
I'm changing job, so development is little bit slowed down.
- bug 423259 Crash [@ nsImapMailFolder::AllocateUidStringFromKeys] on mail startup.
- bug 563241 about:addons ignores extensions.dss.enabled.
- bug 565056 nsMsgRecentFoldersDataSource::WantsThisFolder and nsMsgFlatFolderDataSource::GetTargets both try to change m_folders at the same time.
- bug 569318 Favicon is visible during toolbar customisation.
- bug 569490 Build should disable D3D9 layer if d3d9.h not found.
- bug 571619 Can't QueryInterface from the canonical nsISupports pointer of an nsSimpleNestedURI directly to nsINestedURI.
- bug 160144 Replace POSTDATA dialog with better UI (post form resubmit warning).
- bug 408599 FeedProtocolHandler creates horrifying nsIStandardURLs.
- bug 475511 Rename "Unsent Messages" to "Outbox" in the backend.
- bug 499785 SeaMonkey can't handle spaces in OpenURL, Firefox can.
- bug 533290 extApplication.js, _prefs object unexpectedly garbaged collected.
- bug 570002 moz-icon://file:/// no longer works.
- bug 542950 [SeaMonkey trunk] mochitest-browser-chrome: new test fails with "browser_bug511456.js:99 - TypeError: win2 is undefined", browser_bug537449.js fails too.
- bug 558746 Update Modern theme for videocontrols including HTML5 CSS Transitions.
- bug 569204 Port bug 504804 [prefs cleanup and smarter integration with win policy settings].
- bug 570939 Remove -moz prefix from (-moz-background-origin|-moz-background-clip|-moz-background-size).
- bug 517469 Port bug 363130: make menuitem icons 16x16px consistently on Windows/Linux.
- bug 518736 Lightning options button in Add-on window error - looking for preferences.xul.
- bug 570970 Move the Link Behaviour preferences from the tabs pane to a separate pane.
- bug 571517 [SeaMonkey] Don't pass strings to setTimeout.
- Bug triage, feedback reviews, and Bug discussions.
- AgitProp and PR in http://forums.mozillazine.org/.
- Fixed MailNews Core bugs:
- bug 145712 nsMsgRDFDataSource::Cleanup should not call nsIObserverService::removeObserver.
Any other business?