SeaMonkey Meeting Details
- 1 Agenda
- 1.1 Action Items
- 1.2 SeaMonkey 2.0.12
- 1.3 SeaMonkey 2.1 Beta 2
- 1.4 Feature List, Planning
- 1.5 Roundtable - Personal Status Updates
- 1.6 Any other business?
- Who's taking minutes? -> Ratty
(who needs to do what that hasn't been recorded in a bug) We should assign people to the open items.
- Get permission from Google to use their geolocation JSON service [KaiRo]. We can still only wait on the Google front right now. Didn't hear anything about open Geolocation service yet. No easy solution in sight.
- Based on Gecko 188.8.131.52, target date Feb 8, see Releases, in sync with Firefox 3.5.17.
- Callek has started the builds.
- We can announce our "testers wanted" tomorrow if things proceed smoothly.
- builds are now at builds are actually at http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/seamonkey/nightly/2.0.12-candidates/build1/
- We still need to fix update generation. Once we do that we'll put out a newsgroup post.
- This run is relatively bumpy due to the switch to buildbot 0.8 we did recently, but Callek is doing a good job muddling through the issues.
SeaMonkey 2.1 Beta 2
(Further 2.1 scheduling:)
- Please help updating the New 2.1 Features page as we go.
- Plans for 2.1: 6-8 weeks per milestone, b2 (feature freeze) probably in early January; b3 to follow; final to be decided later.
- We'll probably close for the beta2 once SyncUI has landed.
- As Firefox is trying to go RC in early Febrary, it makes sense to do a short-cycle b3 and try to match it with FF4RC. We can then make make b3 the final feature and string freeze, to be followed by 2.1pre.
- InvisibleSmiley would be happy to ship 2.1 with a Gecko bugfix release instead of .0.
- We should release within 6 weeks from FF4, but we should not release in the two weeks following FF4 final due to media being all about that release - with usually having a cycle of about a month or slightly more for security updates, I think that makes us be about on track for basing on and releasing in parallel to Mozilla 2.0.1.
- Callek would like to build SM2.1b2 based on Firefox 4.0b11, if we can get Sync landed this week; otherwise to GO for a b2 build after the first sync nightly.
- Note: Firefox 4.0b11 is slated to be "cut" this coming friday or so, with a weekend bake time.
- There is a regression (bug 622376) caused by scrollable tabs landing. We can ship b2 with it but needs to be fixed before final.
- Shipped Extensions: Chatzilla window still broken bug 605001 due to backend bugs. Venkman is still b0rken but that seems to be moving forward now.
Feature List, Planning
Bug statistics for last two (full) weeks: 47 new, 22 fixed, 16 triaged.
- Good further triage targets could come out of looking at the component bug counts, pick yours!
Major wanted/needed features:
Needing help, Unowned, Stalled
- bug 460953 kill-rdf port.
- bug 436794 Enable Mac OS X system address book per default and add UI.
- SM UI needed, unowned, helpwanted.
- bug 449728 Drag tabs between windows.
- bug 477845 Build a standalone (Gecko 2.0) Composer. [kaze]
- kaze is currently busy with his new job so doesn't have much time to spend on this.
- bug 477840 Backport KompoZer to Composer (Depends on bug 477845).
- kaze has done a ton of work there. We still need to work out some organizational issues. At the moment there is no active interest from MoMo for bringing standalone composer into comm-central. That's something we (KaiRo and kaze) will have to negotiate with the Thunderbird team (dmose).
- bug 523274 Complete new default theme icon set.
- A list of TODO icons is up in the bug.
- bug 526210 Update the icon set for the SeaMonkey Modern Theme.
- bug 548778 New communicator icons (based on Strata theme) for SeaMonkey. Some proposed icons got posted, we should take a look how to get that contribution into the product.
- The rest is unowned so far.
- MReimer's drawing tablet broke some time back so he stopped working on theme icons. We should look into asking Mozilla's Direct Giving Program.
- bug 507841 Port Bug 422814 - Make account configuration quick, easy, and more secure (autoconfig, Quick Account Setup).
- bug 573538 No options for Safe-Mode.
- bug 521159 [SeaMonkey 2.1] Port |bug 514327 Detect outdated plugins and offer upgrade path|.
- bug 87098 [SeaMonkey] Delete key should delete location bar history list entry.
- bug 401417 Add an option for a search box in SeaMonkey toolbar.
- bug 627240 Consider shipping built-in extensions as being installed into profiles
- bug 533908 SeaMonkey Mail: tabs not restored [misak].
- Waiting for Mnyromyr to implement persist functions in tabmail.
- status/progress? Still in plans for 2.1?
- bug 570004 Popup/"doorhanger" notifications [Neil].
- Implementation moved to bug 595810.
- indexedDB still needs to be done.
- bug 566138 Better integration with Windows 7 taskbar [mcsmurf].
- mcsmurf says he can come up with a new patch this week.
- bug 576970, bug 618709 Port Sync UI to SeaMonkey trunk [InvisibleSmiley].
- all patches had positive reviews on Sunday (yay!). Waiting for final feedback and double-checks, then we're good to go and land this fat b2 blocker!
- bug 588067 Switch SeaMonkey to use omnijar for nightly/release builds [KaiRo].
- bug 606683 Allow customization of toolbar in Composer and MailNews Composition [IanN].
- IanN has some free time starting 3rd Feb so he will probably get something done then.
- We will need to take a close look at Lightning, which is mainly targeting Thunderbird.
- Lightning 1.1 seems to be targeted to be Gecko 2.0-based.
Roundtable - Personal Status Updates
Status Updates from developers - what are you working on, what's the progress, any other comments? (feel free to add yourself to the list if your name is missing and you have interesting status).
- Met with TrendMicro. We now have a solution to whitelist SeaMonkey, though I have a coming IRC meeting with joduin from Firefox to help clear up some things.
- Did the release for SeaMonkey 2.0.12.
- I'd like to build SM2.1b2 based on Firefox 4.0b11, if we can get Sync landed this week; otherwise I want to GO for a b2 build after the first sync nightly.
- bug 603919 nsHTMLInputElement.cpp: 'changed' event should be sent even if we can't store the last used directory (for <input type='file'>).
- bug 628202 SeaMonkey Release Run fails, missing slavebuilddir in builder properties.
- bug 573896 [Tracker] Callek needs to get access to edit seamonkeyproject-org.
- bug 613814 Port |bug 469880. Support a libnotify-based implementation of nsIAlertsService for GTK.| to c-c.
- bug 615196 [SeaMonkey 2.0, linux64 (dep) 'build'] new OTS code causes "/usr/bin/ld: gfxUserFontSet.o: relocation R_X86_64_PC32 against 'ots::Process(...)' can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC".
- Checkin needed:
- bug 418896 - profileserver.py.in shouldn't need to be preprocessed.(approval2.0 required).
- Need Review:
- bug 39562 - hostinfo.dat "<name>,,x,y,z" needs to be fixed.
- Working On:
- bug 594053 - wrong order arrow in message list.
- bug 566440 - APP Update dialog is to wide with modern.
- bug 568283 - Add checkbox for accessibility.browsewithcaret (F7-by-default mode).
- bug 601562 - Update Modern theme from missingPlugin.css to PluginProblem.css
- bug 606482 - _install_-updates preference wrongly labeled with "_check_ for".
- bug 623889 - Move the FAYT preferences to their own panel under Advanced.
- To Do:
- bug 562048 - notification bar needs to look slicker.
- bug 573538 - No options for Safe-Mode.
- Usual testing, reviewing and commenting.
- Awaiting super review:
- bug 293100 ComposeMessage logic is perf nightmare.
- Working on:
- bug 606683 Allow customization of toolbar in Composer and MailNews Composition.
- bug 627408 Port |bug 620198 - Right pane tree of Library is not updated when i delete a selected folder in left pane tree| to SeaMonkey
- bug 627416 Port Firefox changes from Jan 20 places merge - Port |bug 394353 - Tag list is not updated when manually adding, renaming, or deleting tags from within the tags field| to SeaMonkey
- bug 618709 Dialogs part of |bug 576970 - Port Sync UI to SeaMonkey trunk|
- Waiting for Feedback/Decision:
- Landed bug 614937 and bug 620230 on buildbotcustom, so that SeaMonkey buildmaster could update to the tip of its default branch and pick up bug 619006 in the process.
- Fixed a slight glitch on our Linux64 slave by removing an old buildbot version (bug 619072).
- Assisted Callek with release run problems (e.g. bug 628202).
- Filed a bug on shipping built-in extensions in a better way (bug 627240). helpwanted.
- Got reviews for and landed Data Manager patch to improve workflow with showing only a certain data type (bug 619098).
- Updated patch async fast bookmark button async, got review and landed it (bug 620066) together with the earlier bookmarks root fix (bug 620068).
- Ported small patch on contentprefs caching for zoom, also got review and landed it (bug 624718).
- Landed omnijar (bug 588067), reviewed a Windows build fixup (bug 626970) and fixed L10n repacks (bug 627455).
- Improved Mandelbrot add-on for Fennec and made its UI go in-tab for all apps, now available at https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/kairoat-mandelbrot/
- More updates to LCARStrek and EarlyBlue due to glitches, feedback and routine update work.
- Updated German L10n for suite and DOMi, fixed typos.
- Tested Fennec on N900.
- Phone discussions about my future.
- Email discussions about SeaMonkey's future.
- Set up http://wiki.kairo.at/ to consistently write down ideas, concepts and notes.
- As usual, my blog has more detailed status about my work, and Mozilla Status Board Posts also tell about my next planned steps.
- Fixed bug 626310 Port |bug 600435 XULRunner universal for i386/x64_64 fails to unify nspr-config| to comm-central.
- Working on bug 597584 Port changes to session store from bug 586068 and bug 596806 to SeaMonkey.
- bug 617578 Except on OS/2, non-customisable menubars don't display properly with lightweight themes.
- bug 627755 No resizer when status bar is turned off.
- bug 628079 [SeaMonkey] xpcshell: permanent timeout in "test_browserGlue_corrupt_nobackup_default.js".
- bug 595810 Centralise notifications for ease of conversion to doorhangers. Need to address review comments before check in.
Waiting for review:
- bug 626716 Remove VC7.1 support code.
- bug 615974 guess-msvc.bat doesn't actually show the guessed msvc...
- bug 563643 [Debug MacOSX SeaMonkey] leak test: "ASSERTION: Want to fire mutation events, but it's not safe" since bug 429175 landing. ("all" other test suites too) [has approval2.0+].
- bug 588006 Renaming folders doesn't work, folder appears empty until restart.
- bug 311756 Some "Warning: Key event not available on ..." [parts checked in].
- bug 533290 extApplication.js, _prefs object unexpectedly garbaged collected. Seems to have been fixed in one of the tracemonkey merges.
- bug 406396 xpfe "history-dropmarker" binding makes invalid assumption about menupop children.
- bug 625085 mailWindowOverlay.js: fixup LoadMsgWithRemoteContent() and allowRemoteContentForSender().
- bug 625318 Update our hardware acceleration prefpane to match bug 623446 (Turn the layer prefs into a tri-state).
- bug 626985 accessibility.typeaheadfind.usefindbar=false broken in View Source window.
- bug 553459 Deal with saved POST data [Part 2 openTabWith/openWindowWith].
- Did some reviews.
- Bug triage, feedback, reviews, and Bug discussions.
- AgitProp and PR in newsgroups and Mozillazine.
- Next week is the Lunar New Year, probably neither ewong nor I will be doing much SeaMonkey work (or any work period).
- Fixed SeaMonkey bugs:
- bug 585713 Suite part of |Bug 552023 - Kill Places partitioned temp tables|
- bug 626970 SeaMonkey Windows builds have been burning since switching to omnijar
- bug 627417 mochitests-4: permanent "TEST-UNEXPECTED-FAIL | /tests/js/src/xpconnect/tests/mochitest/test_bug384632.html" due to assertion and js_error in (nsSidebar.js) RDF
- Fixed Core bugs:
- bug 626294 [SeaMonkey] permanent "TEST-UNEXPECTED-FAIL | .../test_bug620145.html | got tabmodal promptbox"
- Did some reviews.
- Working on:
- bug 623660 Change FilterEditor dimensions (and move them to relevant .dtd files) [MailNews].
Any other business?
- Look into asking Mozilla's Direct Giving Program for a new drawing tablet for MReimer to replace his broken one.