SeaMonkey Meeting Details
- 1 Agenda
- 1.1 Action Items
- 1.2 SeaMonkey 2.0.12
- 1.3 SeaMonkey 2.0.13
- 1.4 SeaMonkey 2.1 Beta 2
- 1.5 SeaMonkey 2.1 Beta 3
- 1.6 Feature List, Planning
- 1.7 Roundtable - Personal Status Updates
- 1.8 Any other business?
- Who's taking minutes? -> Ratty
(who needs to do what that hasn't been recorded in a bug) We should assign people to the open items.
- MReimer's drawing tablet broke some time back so he stopped working on theme icons. We should look into asking Mozilla's Direct Giving Program [adriank].
- Get permission from Google to use their geolocation JSON service [KaiRo]. We can still only wait on the Google front right now. Didn't hear anything about open Geolocation service yet. No easy solution in sight.
- Based on Gecko 22.214.171.124, original target date Feb 8, see Releases, in sync with Firefox 3.5.17 - probably delayed due to a 1.9.2-only Firefox respin.
- Callek has done the builds, available at ftp.mozilla.org and on the 2.0.x beta channel.
- Based on Gecko 126.96.36.199, target TBD, see Releases, in sync with Firefox 3.5.18.
SeaMonkey 2.1 Beta 2
- Based on Gecko 2.0b11.
- Sync has landed in time for this.
- Callek has done the builds. It's been a somewhat bumpy ride, but it's coming together after working through a lot of issues due to changes in both release automation and builds.
- Builds are up at available at ftp.mozilla.org.
- Should be ready for release on Wednesday/Thursday.
SeaMonkey 2.1 Beta 3
- As Firefox is trying to go RC in the next weeks, it makes sense to do a short-cycle b3 and try to match it with FF4RC.
- Beta 3 should be the final feature and string freeze for the 2.1 series.
- Sync follow-ups with L10n impact should block b3.
- Shipped Extensions: Chatzilla window still broken bug 605001 due to backend bugs. Venkman is still b0rken but that seems to be moving forward now.
Further 2.1 scheduling:
- Please help updating the New 2.1 Features page as we go.
- Beta 3 should be followed by 2.1pre and our own RCs, RC at least when FF4 is going final.
- To clarify SeaMonkey 2.1b3 should be based on Gecko 2.0 RC, our RC on Gecko 2.0 final, and SeaMonkey 2.1 final should be based on Gecko 2.0.1.
- We should release within 6 weeks from FF4, but we should not release in the two weeks following FF4 final due to media being all about that release - with usually having a cycle of about a month or slightly more for security updates, it probably makes sense to do final based on and in sync with Mozilla platform 2.0.1.
Feature List, Planning
Bug statistics for last two (full) weeks: 76 new, 43 fixed, 28 triaged.
- Fix and triage rates are reasonable (even though the latter could be even better), but the amount of new reports was pretty high last week.
- Good further triage targets could come out of looking at the component bug counts, pick yours!
Major wanted/needed features:
Needing help, Unowned, Stalled
- bug 460953 kill-rdf port.
- bug 436794 Enable Mac OS X system address book per default and add UI.
- SM UI needed, unowned, helpwanted.
- bug 449728 Drag tabs between windows.
- bug 477845 Build a standalone (Gecko 2.0) Composer. [kaze]
- kaze is currently busy with his new job so doesn't have much time to spend on this.
- bug 477840 Backport KompoZer to Composer (Depends on bug 477845).
- kaze has done a ton of work there. We still need to work out some organizational issues. At the moment there is no active interest from MoMo for bringing standalone composer into comm-central. That's something we (KaiRo and kaze) will have to negotiate with the Thunderbird team (dmose).
- bug 523274 Complete new default theme icon set.
- A list of TODO icons is up in the bug.
- bug 526210 Update the icon set for the SeaMonkey Modern Theme.
- bug 548778 New communicator icons (based on Strata theme) for SeaMonkey. Some proposed icons got posted, we should take a look how to get that contribution into the product.
- The rest is unowned so far.
- bug 507841 Port Bug 422814 - Make account configuration quick, easy, and more secure (autoconfig, Quick Account Setup).
- bug 573538 No options for Safe-Mode.
- bug 521159 [SeaMonkey 2.1] Port |bug 514327 Detect outdated plugins and offer upgrade path|.
- bug 87098 [SeaMonkey] Delete key should delete location bar history list entry.
- bug 401417 Add an option for a search box in SeaMonkey toolbar.
- bug 627240 Consider shipping built-in extensions as being installed into profiles
- bug 533908 SeaMonkey Mail: tabs not restored [misak].
- Waiting for Mnyromyr to implement persist functions in tabmail.
- Moved out of plans for 2.1.
- bug 570004 Popup/"doorhanger" notifications [Neil].
- Implementation moved to bug 595810.
- There are at least 1-2 doorhanger ports left to do including lightweight theme notifications.
- bug 566138 Better integration with Windows 7 taskbar [mcsmurf].
- New patch will be submitted tomorrow. mcsmurf promises that it will even work.
- bug 576970, bug 618709 Port Sync UI to SeaMonkey trunk [InvisibleSmiley].
- LANDED for 2.1 Beta 2!
- bug 606683 Allow customization of toolbar in Composer and MailNews Composition [IanN].
- IanN hopes to generate a new patch today or tomorrow.
- bug 631796 Show download progress in the application icon in the Windows 7 taskbar (Port bug 474060) [InvisibleSmiley].
- In progress.
- We will need to take a close look at Lightning, which is mainly targeting Thunderbird.
- Lightning 1.1 seems to be targeted to be Gecko 2.0-based.
Roundtable - Personal Status Updates
Status Updates from developers - what are you working on, what's the progress, any other comments? (feel free to add yourself to the list if your name is missing and you have interesting status).
- Got SeaMonkey 2.1b2 into a state that should be good for the call for testing and probably ready for an official "Go" on release on Wednesday or Thursday.
- Completed the builds for SeaMonkey 2.1b2. It's been a bumpy ride, but things are coming together.
- bug 573896 [Tracker] Callek needs to get access to edit seamonkeyproject-org.
- bug 627907 Port |bug 623950 Send startup time measurements along with metadata request| to SeaMonkey
- bug 629856 Upgrade Buildbotcustom on SeaMonkey release master.
- bug 629967 Remaining updates to removed-files.in post OmniJar landing.
- bug 630929 Update generateCCBranchObjects to match interim changes in the main Mozilla version.
- bug 631493 missing Firefox version in SeaMonkey's useragent string on OSX.
- bug 631126 Start creating hg bundles for comm-central (just symlinked to the thunderbird bundles).
- bug 629048 Ensure comm-central apps work by |Rename *-*.mac64.dmg to *-*.mac.dmg|.
- bug 631278 (SM2.1b2) Tracking bug for build and release of SeaMonkey 2.1 Beta 2.
- bug 630526 Port |bug 426214 Automatically update blocklist.xml in cvs/hg from blocklist service| to SeaMonkey.
- bug 631864 Investigate why [or fix] mac (trunk) repacks being uploaded to mac/ rather than mac64/.
- bug 615196 [SeaMonkey 2.0, linux64 (dep) 'build'] new OTS code causes "/usr/bin/ld: gfxUserFontSet.o: relocation R_X86_64_PC32 against 'ots::Process(...)' can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC".
- bug 418896 - profileserver.py.in shouldn't need to be preprocessed.
- bug 594053 - wrong order arrow in message list
- bug 602756 - Fix "a the" in comments (libffi upstream)
- bug 629037 - Installer for trunk builds no longer installs extensions since omnijar landing.
- bug 629202 - "ImportError: No module named automation" during valgrind-linux test
- Needs Review:
- Working On:
- To Do:
- Usual testing, reviewing and commenting.
- Working on:
- bug 606683 Allow customization of toolbar in Composer and MailNews Composition.
- bug 576970 Port Sync UI to SeaMonkey trunk
- bug 629383 Port |bug 628258 - inverted method arguments in treeView.js::_buildVisibleSection| to SeaMonkey
- bug 629980 mochitest-chrome: permanent "test_idcheck.xul | check id: preferences.xul#changePasswordButton"
- bug 628163 In about-sync-tabs make sure separators in context menu are hidden appropriately
- bug 26517 [SM] Attachment list should show size
- bug 631942 Prevent Sync Now from blocking the menu (port bug 597788 and bug 631918)
- bug 631852 Port |bug 602715 - Sync UI: Only mention enabled engines in client wipe confirmation dialog|
- bug 631639 Sync should synchronize "do not track" pref
- Working On:
- Worked with Callek some more on buildbot migration fallout resolution while he got 2.0.12 builds done, issues that came up with generating SeaMonkey 2.1 Beta 2 builds as well as some general cleanup/updates in our buildbot code.
- Helped investigating and discussing some omni.jar switch fallout, including Mac menu problem (bug 630253).
- Added new 2.0.x version to Socorro (bug 626573).
- More work on Jökulsárlón Download Manager, version 0.3 is now on AMO.
- Discovered and fixed a small IDN search bug in Data Manager (bug 629678).
- Worked on web storage panel for Data Manager (bug 588415), figured out some management interface weaknesses and workarounds for them.
- Looked into all pending L10n sign-offs for SeaMonkey 2.1 Beta 2, wrote up a checklist for doing that to have docs for me, localizers and a future SeaMonkey L10n coordinator.
- Synced German SeaMonkey L10n for Sync landing and other trunk changes.
- Created slides for my FOSDEM talk, attended the conference and gave that talk on in-tab UI.
- Posted on SeaMonkey blog about Council lineup changes.
- Had more communication on my future, should be ready for public soon.
- As usual, my blog has more detailed status about my work, and Mozilla Status Board Posts also tell about my next planned steps.
- New patch for bug 581526 Add SeaMonkey support for the Windows 7 jump list.
Working on bug 486965 Prettify MailNews start page.
- bug 563643 [Debug MacOSX SeaMonkey] leak test: "ASSERTION: Want to fire mutation events, but it's not safe" since bug 429175 landing. ("all" other test suites too).
- bug 583625 Consider adding UI for pref browser.link.open_newwindow.restriction.
- bug 588006 Renaming folders doesn't work, folder appears empty until restart.
- bug 615974 guess-msvc.bat doesn't actually show the guessed msvc...
- bug 616809 CRs in nsIHttpAuthenticator.idl nsHttpAuthCache.cpp.
- bug 628716 Remove m_numReferences from nsMsgHdr.
- bug 595810 Centralise notifications for ease of conversion to doorhangers. Need to address review comments before check in.
- bug 631208 bug 553937 regressed bug 121583.
- bug 626716 Remove VC7.1 support code.
- bug 630462 [SeaMonkey] mochitest-browser-chrome: permanent failures in browser_purchase.js ("Got about:addons, expected http://example.com/browser/...", etc).
- bug 483730 By Default, Ctrl - MouseWheel Scroll doesn't Zoom.
- bug 622376 Dragging a link to an existing tab doesn't work anymore.
- bug 628893 Fix use of enum and other reserved words since bug 497869 landed.
- bug 628918 Make CTRL-F4 work in tabbmail (but not in OSX) and better keyboard tab navigation on Mac.
- bug 629900 Print Preview doesn't work in viewsource and mailnews plus misc fixes from toolkit.
Waiting for reviews:
- bug 553459 Deal with saved POST data [Part 3 Go Button Observer].
- bug 631770 Implement onBeforeLinkTraversal in MailNews 3pane window.
- bug 631773 Clean up the global scope a bit [CreateMailWindowGlobals()].
- bug 464653 Fine Tune the toolbar context menu. (I'm going to morph this into a port of bug 595937 Need support for customizing toolbars which are outside of the toolbox).
- bug 564100 No way to tell if a non-current tab has been read: [selected=false] is not possible anymore / bug 133053 unread tabs should be styled differently (eg bold).
- bug 233028 Make the account manager resizeable.
- Bug triage and Bug discussions.
- Special thanks to Matt A Tobin of Binary Outcast for helping resolve several bugs.
- Usual feedback and reviews.
- AgitProp and PR in newsgroups and Mozillazine.
- Last week was the Lunar New Year, so didn't get much done.
Stuff I forgot to report previously:
- Pushed forward getting Gecko 2.0 PPC support into the tree from the TenFourFox fork.
- Fixed SeaMonkey (related) bugs:
- bug 625936 Port |Bug 620837 - Modify blocklist pingCount parameter to track pingCount for profile and for version| to SeaMonkey
- bug 627416 Port Firefox changes from Jan 20 places merge
- bug 628893 Fix use of enum and other reserved words since Bug 497869 landed
- bug 629978 [SeaMonkey] mochitest-plain-3: 2 permanent "test_bug629172.html | Textarea should appear correctly after switching the direction ..."
- bug 630124 Sidebar should not open by default in new profiles
- bug 630562 Port |Bug 485860 - change automation to also post en-US xpi, just like any other locale| to SeaMonkey
- Fixed (or in-progress) Core bugs:
- bug 471959 [SeaMonkey] test_bug458898.html reports incorrect innerWidth/innerHeight
- bug 614474 [Windows 2003] Intermittent "ERROR TEST-UNEXPECTED-FAIL | /tests/dom/indexedDB/test/test_bfcache.html | Test timed out."
- bug 619350 Better identify the 2 'Deadlock detector correctness' tests
- bug 622868 nsDocument.cpp: remove bug 595708 workaround, obsoleted by bug 610936
- bug 626169 "nsExceptionHandler.cpp(739) : error C2065: 'MiniDumpWithFullMemoryInfo' : undeclared identifier"
- bug 628890 mochitests-2: test_bug509055.html should not call SimpleTest.finish() before it actually has
- bug 628589 [SeaMonkey] mochitest-plain-3: permanent "TEST-UNEXPECTED-FAIL | /tests/gfx/test_acceleration.html | Acceleration enabled on x86-64 OS X". (Windows 2003 too)
- Did some reviews.
- Working on:
Any other business?