SeaMonkey Meeting Details
- 1 Agenda
- 1.1 Action Items
- 1.2 SeaMonkey 2.0.12
- 1.3 SeaMonkey 2.0.13
- 1.4 SeaMonkey 2.1 Beta 2
- 1.5 SeaMonkey 2.1 Beta 3
- 1.6 Feature List, Planning
- 1.7 Roundtable - Personal Status Updates
- 1.8 Any other business?
- Who's taking minutes? -> Ratty
(who needs to do what that hasn't been recorded in a bug) We should assign people to the open items.
- MReimer's drawing tablet broke some time back so he stopped working on theme icons. We should look into asking Mozilla's Direct Giving Program [adriank].
- Note: Mozilla Direct Giving contact is sethb.
- Get permission from Google to use their geolocation JSON service [KaiRo]. We can still only wait on the Google front right now. Didn't hear anything about open Geolocation service yet. No easy solution in sight.
- Based on Gecko 220.127.116.11, original target date Feb 8, see Releases, in sync with Firefox 3.5.17 - 1.9.2-only Firefox update issues caused delays, more to be decided today.
- Callek has done the builds, available at ftp.mozilla.org and on the 2.0.x beta channel.
- Based on Gecko 18.104.22.168, target TBD, see Releases, in sync with Firefox 3.5.18.
SeaMonkey 2.1 Beta 2
- Based on Gecko 2.0b11, including Sync support.
- RELEASED last Monday.
- 3,452 downloads up to last night, 871 ADU yesterday (downloads don't include updates, we have no numbers on those). About 2/3 of our 2.1 milestone users are on beta 2 now. Another ~300 ADU are 2.1 nightlies, making 1,695 ADU total for 2.1 versions yesterday. Compare 116,517 ADU for 2.0.
SeaMonkey 2.1 Beta 3
- Should be timed to happen when Firefox 4 is in RC.
- Beta 3 should be the final feature and string freeze for the 2.1 series.
- Sync follow-ups and other bugs that want to land for 2.1 with L10n impact should block b3.
- Shipped Extensions: Chatzilla window still broken bug 605001 due to backend bugs. Venkman should be fixed now.
- The last beta for FF4 is about to be cut, 1-2 beta hardblockers are left for them, they'll build and release once those are fixed. After that, they'll work on RCs, and we should do beta3 once they're in that RC state.
- Blocker request triage: Anything needing strings or is a feature addition needs to either block b3 or not block at all (can land for b3, no chance afterwards in the 2.1 cycle).
Further 2.1 scheduling:
- Please help updating the New 2.1 Features page as we go.
- Beta 3 should be followed by 2.1pre and our own RCs, RC at least when FF4 is going final.
- To clarify SeaMonkey 2.1b3 should be based on Gecko 2.0 RC, our RC on Gecko 2.0 final, and SeaMonkey 2.1 final should be based on Gecko 2.0.1.
- We should release within 6 weeks from FF4, but we should not release in the two weeks following FF4 final due to media being all about that release - with usually having a cycle of about a month or slightly more for security updates, it probably makes sense to do final based on and in sync with Mozilla platform 2.0.1.
Feature List, Planning
Bug statistics for last two (full) weeks: 80 new, 41 fixed, 50 triaged.
- Fix and triage rates are reasonable (the latter was nice last week, a bit low the week before), still high amount of new reports.
- Good further triage targets could come out of looking at the component bug counts, pick yours!
Major wanted/needed features:
Needing help, Unowned, Stalled
- bug 460953 kill-rdf port.
- bug 436794 Enable Mac OS X system address book per default and add UI.
- SM UI needed, unowned, helpwanted.
- bug 449728 Drag tabs between windows.
- bug 477845 Build a standalone (Gecko 2.0) Composer. [kaze]
- kaze is currently busy with his new job so doesn't have much time to spend on this.
- bug 477840 Backport KompoZer to Composer (Depends on bug 477845).
- kaze has done a ton of work there. We still need to work out some organizational issues. At the moment there is no active interest from MoMo for bringing standalone composer into comm-central. That's something we (KaiRo and kaze) will have to negotiate with the Thunderbird team (dmose).
- bug 523274 Complete new default theme icon set.
- A list of TODO icons is up in the bug.
- MattATobin and MReimer are looking into this.
- bug 526210 Update the icon set for the SeaMonkey Modern Theme.
- bug 548778 New communicator icons (based on Strata theme) for SeaMonkey. Some proposed icons got posted, we should take a look how to get that contribution into the product.
- The rest is unowned so far.
- bug 507841 Port Bug 422814 - Make account configuration quick, easy, and more secure (autoconfig, Quick Account Setup).
- bug 573538 No options for Safe-Mode.
- bug 521159 [SeaMonkey 2.1] Port |bug 514327 Detect outdated plugins and offer upgrade path|.
- bug 87098 [SeaMonkey] Delete key should delete location bar history list entry.
- bug 627240 Consider shipping built-in extensions as being installed into profiles
- bug 533908 SeaMonkey Mail: tabs not restored [misak].
- bug 570004 Popup/"doorhanger" notifications [Neil].
- Implementation moved to bug 595810.
- There's only one doorhanger without a patch, and I'm not sure what to do there, I don't understand why Firefox has a mixture of notifications for lwthemes [Neil].
- bug 566138 Better integration with Windows 7 taskbar [mcsmurf].
- Did not have enough time in the last two weeks to do much. I hope to really finish the win7 taskbar patch this week [mcsmurf].
- bug 606683 Allow customization of toolbar in Composer and MailNews Composition [IanN].
- I'm having to patch lots of things, so splitting those off into smaller bugs (as you can see from my fix list), to try and make reviewing easier [IanN].
- bug 631796 Show download progress in the application icon in the Windows 7 taskbar (Port bug 474060) [InvisibleSmiley].
- bug 401417 Add an option for a search box in SeaMonkey toolbar (and add an engine manager). [KaiRo]
- Submitted a patch for review, but probably need more work. Not sure how much time I have for working on it.
- We will need to take a close look at Lightning, which is mainly targeting Thunderbird.
- Lightning 1.1 seems to be targeted to be Gecko 2.0-based.
- Due to recent Lightning patches/fixes, Lightning nightlies are now working again on SM trunk.
Roundtable - Personal Status Updates
Status Updates from developers - what are you working on, what's the progress, any other comments? (feel free to add yourself to the list if your name is missing and you have interesting status).
Released SeaMonkey 2.1b2:
- bug 631278 (SM2.1b2) Tracking bug for build and release of SeaMonkey 2.1 Beta 2.
- bug 634160 Update SeaMonkey website for 2.1b2 release.
- bug 634171 Send out 2.1b2 announcement.
Build Config fixed:
- bug 633423 Checksum generation (build/checksums.py) needs to open files in binary mode for correct checksums.
- bug 630526 Port |bug 426214 Automatically update blocklist.xml in cvs/hg from blocklist service| to SeaMonkey.
- bug 635578 Port Buildbotcustom::misc.py::generateBranchObjects part of hg share to generateCCBranchObjects.
- bug 629048 Ensure comm-central apps work by |Rename *-*.mac64.dmg to *-*.mac.dmg|.
- bug 631864 Investigate why [or fix] mac (trunk) repacks being uploaded to mac/ rather than mac64/.
- Suite needs to use buildbot 0.8 based release automation.
- Suite should use l10n.mk in /locales/Makefile.in
- bug 634399 Get contact for/access to SeaMonkey blog.
- bug 39562 - hostinfo.dat "<name>,,x,y,z" needs to be fixed.
- bug 623889 - Move the FAYT preferences to their own panel under Advanced.
- bug 632682 - removed-files.in needs to indicate that a directory is actually a directory.
- bug 635568 - Port bug 630120 Change discoverURL to /%LOCALE%/%APP%/discovery/pane/%VERSION%/%OS%| to SeaMonkey to SeaMonkey.
- Needs Review:
- bug 568283 - Add checkbox for accessibility.browsewithcaret (F7-by-default mode) (sr?)
- Working On:
- bug 566440 - APP Update dialog is to wide with modern
- bug 606482 - _install_-updates preference wrongly labeled with "_check_ for".
- bug 633394 - Update removed-files for findings from 2.1b2 update checks
- bug 633937 - Make use of the toolkit notificationbox to display notifications in MailNews (Port bug 562048)
- To Do:
- bug 601562 - Update Modern theme from missingPlugin.css to PluginProblem.css
- bug 573538 - No options for Safe-Mode
- Usual testing, reviewing and commenting.
- Waiting for review on:
- Working on:
- bug 606683 Allow customization of toolbar in Composer and MailNews Composition.
- bug 631796 Port |bug 474060 - Show download progress in app icon in Windows 7 taskbar| and |bug 524811 - add glowing Firefox icon in the taskbar when downloads are completed| to SeaMonkey
- bug 632746 Port |bug 625496 - Clear Adobe Flash Cookies (LSOs) when Cookies is selected in Clear Recent History| to SeaMonkey
- bug 566704 On mail deletion error 0x8000ffff (NSERRORUNEXPECTED) [nsIMsgDBView.hdrForFirstSelectedMessage]" (Error: An error occurred updating the button_delete command)
- bug 615430 Moving Message Filter rule down beyond screen does not scroll / follow said rule
- bug 632866 Known issues currently not on SM2.1b2 Release Notes
- bug 632132 Add Windows 7 to profile location documentation
- bug 631282 Create 2.1 Beta 2 Release Notes
- Working On:
- Supported Callek with his finally pushing out the SeaMonkey 2.1 Beta 2 release.
- Helped InvisibleSmiley with doing some steps for the website on the way towards a 2.0.12 security update.
- Reviewed patch for largest build 1 issue (bug 632682).
- In-deep update testing for 2.1b2 build 2, filed bug 633394 and bug 633397 as a result.
- Some review and commenting on improving removed-files (bug 633394).
- Added new 2.1 versions to Socorro (bug 631283).
- Some testing on new graphs server (Perf-O-Matic 2.0).
- More work on Data Manager web storage panel (bug 588415), remove now work where they can be supported.
- Filed a bug on Flash cookie support in Data Manager (bug 632789).
- Picked up patch on optional search bar and engine manager so it moves forward (bug 401417). No idea how much time I'll have to follow review comments.
- Fully brought EarlyBlue and LCARstrek up to the SM 2.1b2 level and pushed those to the AMO beta channel.
- Synched up German SeaMonkey L10n with trunk once more.
- Submitted versions for 2.1 Beta 2 and 2.0.12 of German SeaMonkey language pack to .
- Started contracting for Mozilla on a crash-stats roadmap, see http://home.kairo.at/blog/2011-02/contracting_for_mozilla
- As usual, my blog has more detailed status about my work, and Mozilla Status Board Posts also tell about my next planned steps.
SeaMonkey Patch Needs landing:
- bug 609106 Add plugin-container.exe to ShimInclusionList via installer.
- bug 597584 Port changes to session store from bug 586068 and bug 596806 to SeaMonkey.
- bug 633126 Port bug 590268 [Provide access to sessionstore tab data sooner] to SeaMonkey.
- bug 633710 Port relevant parts from bug 614708 [Calling setTabValue too early causes correct values to be ignored when access early].
- bug 633711 Port relevant parts from bug 589246 [Closed window state getting corrupted when closing and reopening last browser window without exiting browser].
- bug 633722 Port bug 615394 [Session Restore should notify when it is beginning and ending a restore].
- bug 634528 Port bug 597634 [Intermittent browser_522545.js | sessionstore got correct userTypedValue - Got undefined, expected example.org] to fix test failure from landing of bug 597584.
- bug 602150 After doorhangers land cant type in textbox [Fixed by bug 595810].
- bug 625814 commonDialog icon and text are now differently misaligned (at least on Linux).
- bug 630462 [SeaMonkey] mochitest-browser-chrome: permanent failures in browser_purchase.js ("Got about:addons, expected http://example.com/browser/...", etc).
- bug 616808 CRs in fullscreen-video.xhtml browser-charsetmenu.inc browser-tabPreviews.js.
- bug 616811 CRs in aboutCacheEntry.css aboutCache.css LightweightThemeConsumer.jsm actions.dtd.
- bug 616812 CRs in nsTimeRanges.cpp PaintTracker.cpp PaintTracker.h.
- bug 595810 Centralise notifications for ease of conversion to doorhangers. Need to address review comments before check in.
- bug 631208 bug 553937 regressed bug 121583.
- bug 630092 Missing notification for allowing offline app cache.
- bug 632344 autoconf-2.13's AC_CHECK_HEADER is too slow for some headers e.g. atlbase.h.
- bug 626716 Remove VC7.1 support code.
- bug 631770 Implement onBeforeLinkTraversal in MailNews 3pane window.
- bug 631773 Clean up the global scope a bit [CreateMailWindowGlobals()].
Waiting for reviews:
- bug 553459 Deal with saved POST data [Part 3 Go Button Observer].
- bug 464653 Toolbar context menu improvements and fixes.
- bug 564100 No way to tell if a non-current tab has been read: [selected=false] is not possible anymore / bug 133053 unread tabs should be styled differently (eg bold).
- bug 233028 Make the account manager resizeable.
- Prefrences: Support Lightning Options button on trunk; UI for smooth scrolling.
- Bug triage and Bug discussions. Closed some older bugs as WORKSFORME or INVALID.
- End user support and PR in newsgroups and Mozillazine.
- Worked on my xSidebar extension ports project. Ported Load Control, Remove it Permanently to SeaMonkey.
- Fixed (or in-progress) SeaMonkey (related) bugs:
- bug 595759 Port |Bug 569268 - Package correct Visual C++ CRT DLLs based on compiler version (fixes MSVCR100.dll error message on startup)| to SeaMonkey
- bug 630140 Port |Bug 595652 - fix hit testing for border-radius| to SeaMonkey
- bug 630642 Port |Bug 627146 - Bookmark panel doesn't open in the correct direction in rtl| to SeaMonkey
- bug 631900 Port |Bug 555547 - A command of placesContextMenu is carried out for a wrong bookmark item| to SeaMonkey
- bug 631980 Port |Bug 508816 - Scrollbox overflows on the wrong side in RTL mode| to SeaMonkey
- bug 632804 Port |Bug 588817 - Using "Bookmark all tabs" initially mislabels new folder menuitem in Bookmarks menu| to SeaMonkey
- bug 634101 Port |Bug 243631 - Availability to show the name out of the addressbook for a display name| 2nd patch to SeaMonkey
- bug 634238 Port |Bug 607396 - port checksums work to l10n| to SeaMonkey
- bug 634439 make package: "Warning: package error or possible missing or unnecessary file: bin/components/suitebrowser.xpt (package-manifest, 171)."
- bug 635781 Port |Bug 620789 - Intermittent browser_bug581253.js | Test timed out followed by Found a tab after previous test timed out| to SeaMonkey
- Fixed (or in-progress) Core bugs:
- bug 604129 [SeaMonkey] mochitest-chrome: "TEST-UNEXPECTED-FAIL / test_crash_submit.xul / EventUtils.js, line 60: aTarget is null"
- bug 556721 Clean up Places tests
- bug 632408 [SeaMonkey, Windows] mochitest-chrome: permanent "test_leaf_layers_partition_browser_window.xul | Leaf layers should form a non-overlapping partition of the browser window" failure, since landing
- Fixed (or in-progress) other projects bugs:
- [DOMi] bug 631286 Update DOMi compat info for SeaMonkey 2.1b2
- [Firefox] bug 627146 Bookmark panel doesn't open in the correct direction in rtl
- [Firefox] bug 634245 Correctly fix bug 607309
- [Venkman] bug 392570 "No chrome package registered for chrome://browser/content/contentAreaUtils.js", starting Venkman
- [Firefox] bug 632893 Remove useless Cc/Ci/Cr/Cu/Services.jsm from Firefox tests
- [Firefox] bug 634626 test_bug366682 failures because spellchecking is disabled
- Did some reviews.
- bug 624639 Arrows in Bookmarks panel shouldn't change direction until mouse release [Firefox].
- bug 631007 [Mac default] editBMPanel css enhancements.
- bug 633778 [Mac Default] Missing tab close button in tabbrowser and tabmail.
- bug 634703 [Mac Default] Wrong reference to toolbar background-image.
- bug 635404 Let a few more attributes inherit to the html input field in xpfe's autocomplete.xml.
- Working on:
- bug 623660 Change FilterEditor dimensions (and move them to relevant .dtd files) [MailNews].
Any other business?