« last meeting | index | next meeting »
SeaMonkey Meeting Details
- Time: March 22, 2011, 13:00 UTC
- Location: #seamonkey IRC channel
- 1 Agenda
- 1.1 Action Items
- 1.2 SeaMonkey 2.0.13
- 1.3 SeaMonkey 2.0.14
- 1.4 SeaMonkey 2.1 Beta 3
- 1.5 Feature List, Planning
- 1.6 Roundtable - Personal Status Updates
- 1.7 Any other business?
- Who's taking minutes? -> Ratty
(who needs to do what that hasn't been recorded in a bug) We should assign people to the open items.
- Mnyromyr to coordinate the SeaMonkey response to this years Google Summer of Code.
- Get permission from Google to use their geolocation JSON service [KaiRo]. We can still only wait on the Google front right now. Didn't hear anything about open Geolocation service yet. No easy solution in sight.
- At the "State of the Map - Europe" OpenStreetMap conference, KaiRo will try to get people to team up and create an open service.
- MReimer's drawing tablet broke some time back so he stopped working on theme icons. We should look into asking Mozilla's Direct Giving Program [adriank].
- MReimer 1) is not sure if he needs this and 2) wants to put this on hold until he gets more time to actually work more on SeaMonkey.
- Note: Mozilla Direct Giving contact is sethb. However sethb is leaving Mozilla after FF4, no idea who will take over the Community Giving stuff then.
open blockers (0) blocker requests (0) fixed (0)
- Based on Gecko 220.127.116.11, in sync with Firefox 3.5.18, in oilspill mode right now, coming very soon. See: SeaMonkey:Release_Process:2.0.13#Notes.
open blockers (0) blocker requests (0) fixed (21)
- Based on Gecko 18.104.22.168, target TBD, see Releases, in sync with Firefox 3.5.19.
SeaMonkey 2.1 Beta 3
open blockers (3) blocker requests (6) targeted (4) fixed (86)
- Firefox has built RCs. Firefox 4.0 should go public today.
- Beta 3 should be the final feature and string freeze for the 2.1 series.
- Sync follow-ups and other bugs that want to land for 2.1 with L10n impact should block b3 [InvisibleSmiley: requests already set appropriately].
- Shipped Extensions: Chatzilla and Venkman are fixed now.
- We should do beta3 ASAP, that is as reasonable, and then go for release (candidate) also as fast as possible.
- Blocker request triage: Anything needing strings or is a feature addition needs to either block b3 or not block at all (can land for b3, no chance afterwards in the 2.1 cycle).
- Don't fear being aggressive with blocker triage, If it isn't needed it doesn't block. By that same token, if you are able to fix a blocker please try and work on them before tackling any other bugs.
- bug 581526 Add SeaMonkey support for the Windows 7 jump list can land. The suggested improvements can be pushed off to a follow-up bug.
- Help patches can go in after b3 as string freeze doesn't affect Help.
Further 2.1 scheduling:
- Please help updating the New 2.1 Features page as we go.
- Beta 3 should be followed by 2.1pre and our own release (candidate), which can possible base on Gecko 2.0.1 (which is now guaranteed to come).
- We should release within 6 weeks from FF4, but we should not release in the two weeks following FF4 final due to media being all about that release.
Feature List, Planning
Bug statistics for last two (full) weeks: 75 new, 46 fixed, 31 triaged.
- Good further triage targets could come out of looking at the component bug counts, pick yours!
Open reviews/flags: 40 review 11 super-review 0 ui-review 7 feedback
Major wanted/needed features:
Needing help, Unowned, Stalled
- bug 523274 Complete new default theme icon set.
- A list of TODO icons is up in the bug.
- MattATobin and MReimer are looking into this.
- (Callek:) I feel this can land up until our rc, but the deadline is fast approaching, we should move this tracker out for 2.1.next
- bug 526210 Update the icon set for the SeaMonkey Modern Theme.
- bug 548778 New communicator icons (based on Strata theme) for SeaMonkey. Some proposed icons got posted, we should take a look how to get that contribution into the product.
- The rest is unowned so far.
- (Callek:) Parts this can land up until our rc, but the deadline is fast approaching, we should move this tracker out for 2.1.next
- bug 573538 No options for Safe-Mode.
- IanN felt this was blocking at one point, but we hope to cut b3 soon, and since there is l10n impact this is 'at risk' for 2.1
- bug 87098 [SeaMonkey] Delete key should delete location bar history list entry.
- No l10n impact
- bug 570004 Popup/"doorhanger" notifications [Neil].
- Implementation moved to bug 595810.
- Only lwthemes doorhangers are left to do.
- bug 581526 Add SeaMonkey support for the Windows 7 jump list [mcsmurf].
- Has positive review...
- Mcsmurf will land the patch after fixing the nits. The suggested improvements can be pushed off to a follow-up patch.
- bug 606683 Allow customization of toolbar in Composer and MailNews Composition [IanN].
- A lot of untangling needs to go on between the 3 editors that we have. We can expect a bit of code cleanup for 2.1 but full customization will probably go 2.next as it needs work on TB too which is taking a while to get reviews on, plus feedback from kaze.
- bug 401417 Add an option for a search box in SeaMonkey toolbar (and add an engine manager). [KaiRo]
- landed on trunk for 2.1b3!
- bug 627240 Consider shipping built-in extensions as being installed into profiles [KaiRo]
- No l10n impact
- Patch is up, review done, installer still needs testing.
- bug 601493 no "plugin crashed" UI [Ratty].
- Have WIP patch up and working.
- bug 521159 [SeaMonkey 2.1] Port |bug 514327 Detect outdated plugins and offer upgrade path|.
- Has l10n impact. So if it misses 2.1b3, it will slip; a means for security improvements in our users though, want to see it get in in time though.
- AdrianK and Neil are working on this.
We also should take a look at the other items on 2.1-wanted Also the nominations need triaging.
- We will need to take a close look at Lightning, which is mainly targeting Thunderbird.
- Lightning 1.0b4 seems to be targeted to be Gecko 2.0-based.
- Due to recent Lightning patches/fixes, Lightning nightlies are now working again on SM trunk.
Needing help, Unowned, Stalled
- bug 460953 kill-rdf port.
- bug 436794 Enable Mac OS X system address book per default and add UI.
- SM UI needed, unowned, helpwanted.
- bug 449728 Drag tabs between windows.
- bug 477845 Build a standalone (Gecko 2.0) Composer. [kaze]
- kaze is currently busy with his new job so doesn't have much time to spend on this.
- bug 477840 Backport KompoZer to Composer (Depends on bug 477845).
- kaze has done a ton of work there. We still need to work out some organizational issues. At the moment there is no active interest from MoMo for bringing standalone composer into comm-central. That's something we (KaiRo and kaze) will have to negotiate with the Thunderbird team (dmose).
- bug 507841 Port Bug 422814 - Make account configuration quick, easy, and more secure (autoconfig, Quick Account Setup).
- bug 533908 SeaMonkey Mail: tabs not restored [misak].
For now only a drop zone for those that surely will not make 2.1 any more.
Roundtable - Personal Status Updates
Status Updates from developers - what are you working on, what's the progress, any other comments? (feel free to add yourself to the list if your name is missing and you have interesting status).
- bug 632325 Port |bug 529938 Install DirectX SDK on buildbots| to SeaMonkey.
- bug 641418 Create a comm-2.0 branch in buildbot for SeaMonkey to follow mozilla-2.0.
- bug 641745 Update data.sql in graphserver for new SeaMonkey 2.1 Branch.
- bug 642723 Upgrade hg on Windows Slaves to hg 1.7.5.
- bug 634399 Give access to post to SeaMonkey blog to Jens Hatlak (InvisibleSmiley).
- bug 643324 Enable the shared checkouts from CCMercurialBuildFactory.
- bug 631864 Investigate why [or fix] mac (trunk) repacks being uploaded to mac/ rather than mac64/.
- bug 633397 Automatic partial update from 2.1b1 to 2.1b2 build 2 misses extensions.
- bug 640464 Develop a way for tests in mozilla-central to be overridden in a suite build.
- bug 634399 Get contact for/access to SeaMonkey blog.
- bug 641407 port |bug 638154 new l10n scripts need to set MOZ_PKG_VERSION| to SeaMonkey 0.7-based automation for RC.
- bug 62885 - Message/Mark All Read doesn't get disabled when there are no (zero) unread messages/all messages are
- bug 133119 - Language in Image Acceptance Policy Pref Page Should Be Consistent
- bug 175792 - <page>s and <dialog>s don't need dialogOverlay
- bug 568283 - Add checkbox for accessibility.browsewithcaret (F7-by-default mode)
- bug 606482 - _install_-updates preference wrongly labeled with "_check_ for".
- bug 633394 - Update removed-files for findings from 2.1b2 update checks
- Needs Review:
- bug 39113 - Show current profile name in preferences
- bug 170924 - Preview sound should be "listen" or play
- bug 643676 - Change entities that Bug #133119 missed.
- bug 643677 - Updated help from changes from bug #133119.
- Working On:
- To Do:
- bug 566440 - APP Update dialog is to wide with modern
- bug 601562 - Update Modern theme from missingPlugin.css to PluginProblem.css
- bug 633937 - Port bug 562048 to suite.
- bug 573538 - No options for Safe-Mode
- Usual testing, reviewing and commenting.
- bug 638980 Status bar should only have progress meter showing whilst loading stuff [TB].
- bug 639694 Move EditModeToolbar from editorOverlay.
- bug 639716 Move structToolbar xul code from editorOverlay.
- bug 641246 Move insertMenuPlainText out of editorOverlay.
- bug 641247 Remove unused commands, commandset, broadcaster and toolbarbuttons from editorOverlay [TB].
- Waiting for review on:
- bug 638643 Remove obsolete EditorToggleParagraphMarks from editor.js
- bug 638964 Allow customization of formatting toolbar in Mail Composition [TB].
- bug 639196 Rationalise popups into utilityOverlay.xul
- Working on:
- bug 606683 Allow customization of toolbar in Composer and MailNews Composition [TB].
- bug 639690 [META] Re-arrange code between editor and editorOverlay.
- To Do:
- bug 639395 Get cmd_fontSize to reflect current state of selected content / content at caret.
- bug 632952 Port |bug 612699 - Sync UI: Update to simplify crypto|
- Issue 4225: SeaMonkey menu integration for Chromebug
- bug 641312 Reorder menus to promote tabs more after landing of bug 505311
- bug 636370 Port |bug 437657 - increase autocompact threshold "mail.purge_threshhold"| to SeaMonkey
- bug 636199 Port |bug 195702 - attachment size should be visible in compose window| (and bug 634620)
- bug 640147 Port |bug 542998 - Need option to disable Archiving completely|
- bug 639995 "cmd_collapseAllThreads command: TypeError: gDBView is null" opening View menu with account selected
- Working On:
- bug 634419 Port |bug 602682 - Sync UI: Implement easy setup|
- bug 615950 Port FF4 Sync UI changes after initial set included in bug 576970
- bug 639339 Port |bug 619013 - Wording in Update Sync Key dialog needs to be more clear|
- bug 637897 Make Loaded Scripts Search case-insensitive
- bug 638243 Print function definition for eval in target scope (and fix warning for second argument to eval)
- Landed optional search bar and OpenSearch engine manager on SeaMonkey trunk (bug 401417), see also my blog post.
- Created a patch on L10n awareness of removed-files (bug 592574).
- Also created a patch for installing built-in extensions into the profile (bug 627240).
- Reviews on some of Callek's great work on the build infrastructure.
- Landed ewong's patch on removed-files improvements (bug 633394).
- Backported my improvements on searchbar and engine manager to Firefox (bug 643172).
- Integrated (untested) forget function for web storage panel in Data Manager, some work on reacting to live changes (bug 588415).
- Did some more updating of EaryBlue and LCARStrek for SeaMonkey trunk, and even Firefox 4 in the latter case.
- Some testing of LCARStrek for Firefox 4 in new virtualbox Win7 install.
- Another update for German suite L10n for trunk work.
- Got invitation for Mozilla all-hands, booked flight, including additional week of stay.
- As usual, my blog has more detailed status about my work, and Mozilla Status Board Posts also tell about my next planned steps.
- bug 581526 Add SeaMonkey support for the Windows 7 jump list.
- bug 639771 - Port bug 597315 [Frameset history does not work properly when restoring a tab] to SeaMonkey
- bug 639772 - Port bug 617175 [deleteTabValue doesn't use early access]
- bug 639777 - Port bug 625257 [Undo Close Tab does not work for not-yet-loaded tab]
- bug 639779 - Port bug 622379 [Current session data is lost upon browser triggered restart (e.g. upgrade) if the option to clear browsing history upon shutdown is set (again)]
- bug 639836 - Port bug 581937 ["Recently closed tabs" list keep blank tabs], also add observer for browser.sessionstore.max_tabs_undo
- bug 639843 - Port bug 628270 [Undo close (hidden) tab causes panorama and session restore(?) to break unrecoverably]
- bug 640167 - Port bug 630723 [Deferred session restore doesn't work with browser.session_restore.resume_from_crash = false]
- bug 639852 - Port bug 627642 [Don't restore session into a new window if only the home page is open]
- bug 594090 Search Messages window/dialog bottom buttons not re-enabled after delete and repeated search.
- bug 620515 IMAP online search fails silently.
- bug 637630 Compose throbber doesn't.
- bug 640421 dropdown marker in urlbar is huge on Linux.
- bug 640425 Clicking on the searchbar engine dropdown makes the field lose focus.
- bug 642998 Support tabbrowser API removeTab extension.
- bug 643404 [regression] Fix missing paste'n'go from bug 640427 caused by bug 640421.
- bug 631208 bug 553937 regressed bug 121583.
- bug 595810 Centralise notifications for ease of conversion to doorhangers. Need to address review comments before check in.
- bug 637080 "Subscribe to This Page" in Bookmarks toolbar menu always disabled and lacks icon.
- bug 641330 maxrows="10" doesn't work.
- bug 642404 <autocomplete disablehistory="false"> does not display correctly on Linux.
- bug 464653 Toolbar context menu improvements and fixes.
- bug 634364 Restore option to open context menu web search in new window (regression after SM2.0).
- bug 636291 Ctrl+Shift+C Shortcut key to open calendar is destructive "Mark all read" [Lightning].
- bug 640426 Search bar on Modern doesn't have the grooved box that the urlbar has.
- bug 640427 Improve "paste & search" code.
- bug 643294 [regression] Mousewheel scroll on tab bar should change tab.
- bug 601493 no "plugin crashed" UI.
- Bug triage and Bug discussions.
- End user support and PR in newsgroups and Mozillazine.
- Fixed SeaMonkey (related) bugs:
- bug 630140 Port |Bug 595652 - fix hit testing for border-radius| to SeaMonkey
- bug 634244 Port |Bug 633638 - Need a way to cancel PlacesUtils::asyncGetBookmarkIds request| to SeaMonkey
- bug 640035 Port |Bug 635844 - Update pushState to latest spec. Again.| to SeaMonkey. (mochitest-browser-chrome: permanent "browser_500328.js | Test timed out")
- bug 641312 Reorder menus to promote tabs more after landing of bug 505311
- Fixed MailNews Core bugs:
- bug 631902 Port |Bug 611030 - Close some older branches in mozilla-central| to comm-central
- bug 632148 Port bug 630628 - Extract d3dx9_??.dll and d3dcompiler_??.dll from DirectX SDK at build time, and ship them with the build
- Fixed Core bugs:
- bug 535893 [SeaMonkey 2.1] mochitest-a11y: test_combobox.xul fails
- bug 544170 [SeaMonkey 2.1] mochitest-a11y: tree/test_tabbrowser.xul fails, due to "tabbrowser API" dependencies and different application UIs
- bug 544171 [SeaMonkey 2.1] mochitest-a11y: test_txtctrl.xul fails
- bug 641358 "Document" that test_txtctrl.xul uses a deprecated 'timed' textbox (too)
- bug 642420 XPFE autocomplete.xml: investigate removing explicit <children includes="menupopup"/>
- Fixed other projects bugs:
- [Firefox] bug 635844 Update pushState to latest spec. Again.
- Did some reviews.
- bug 593840 Optimize .png files in themes/, branding/ and help/.
- bug 630371 [10.6] Mac "installer" window background doesn't fit.
- bug 637176 [Mac Default] Better bookmark/link toolbar styling.
- bug 643035 Remove editorOverlay.js.
- Working on:
- bug 537343 Need new entities for proper Mac menu items localization in all the supported locales.
- bug 623660 Change FilterEditor dimensions (and move them to relevant .dtd files) [MailNews].
- bug 640514 [Mac Default] Style the search bar.
- bug 643323 [Mac Default] Need disabled icon for 'Subscribe to This Page' in Bookmarks toolbar menu.
Any other business?
- The clocks will go forward one hour in Europe this Sunday. The next meeting will be one hour earlier for those of us who don't follow daylight savings.
- InvisibleSmiley was thinking about this Friends of the Tree thing. Perhaps we should revive and adapt it, using a term related to water? Suggestions include Friends of the Fish Tank.
- mcsmurf and ewong never got their FF 4 beta t-shirts. ewong will email Grace about this.