SeaMonkey Meeting Details
- 1 Agenda
- 1.1 Action Items
- 1.2 SeaMonkey 2.1
- 1.3 Feature List, Planning
- 1.4 Roundtable - Personal Status Updates
- 1.5 Any other business?
- Who's taking minutes? -> Ratty
- Nominees for Friends of the Fish Tank?
- Callek for his RelEng work
- Tonymec for his bug triage sessions.
(who needs to do what that hasn't been recorded in a bug) We should assign people to the open items.
- Ratty to see if he can round up some Lightning testers from the various SeaMonkey forums. comm-miramar builds are now available here. q.v. bug 653507 Lightning nightly builds for Miramar (Thunderbird 3.3 / Gecko 5.0) (
comm-central + mozilla-auroracomm-miramar + mozilla-aurora)
- IanN to email Fallen to get some cooperation for getting a version of Lightning that is compatible with SeaMonkey 2.1 out on AMO.
- Fallen said that he would rather we put our efforts into testing against the 1.0b4 release from comm-miramar than try and do anything from comm-2.0 there would be issues around L10n from comm-2.0. If enough decent testing can be done then he would be happy to mark it as compatible with 2.1 on AMO.
- Get permission from Google to use their geolocation JSON service [KaiRo]. We can still only wait on the Google front right now. Didn't hear anything about open Geolocation service yet. No easy solution in sight.
- Firefox 4.0 was released on 22nd March.
- SeaMonkey 2.1 RC was released on 12th May, based on Gecko/Mozilla 2.0.1, built from comm-2.0.
- SeaMonkey 2.1 final is scheduled for
16th May ("yesterday")Friday 20th May (moved so we can have 1 full week with RC1 out).
- The Add-on Compatibility Reporter has been declared compatible with 2.1, which should help getting SeaMonkey extensions on A.M.O. up to speed.
Further 2.1 scheduling:
- Please help updating the New 2.1 Features page as we go.
- comm-2.0 is neither used nor supported by Thunderbird so InvisibleSmiley and Ratty have taken the responsibility for transplanting MailNews Core bugs from trunk as appropriate.
- Note: SeaMonkey will directly go the the permanent repositories, i.e. -aurora, -beta in addition to -central. Miramar is a Thunderbird-only release branch.
- There might not be any more official security updates to the 1.9.1 branch after the upcoming one, so we should get a stable release based on Mozilla 2.0 out as soon as we can.
Feature List, Planning
Bug statistics for last two (full) weeks: 46 new, 37 fixed, 30 triaged.
- A good amount of fixing and triaging happened. There are fewer outstanding reviews and feedbacks this time.
- Good further triage targets could come out of looking at the component bug counts, pick yours!
Major wanted/needed features:
- We will need to look into Lightning, which is mainly targeting Thunderbird.
- Lightning 1.0b4 from comm-miramar needs to be tested against SeaMonkey 2.1. comm-miramar Lightning builds are now available at the ftp site.
- Due to recent Lightning patches/fixes, Lightning nightlies are now working again on SM trunk.
- Besides Lightning, we should also take a look at other add-ons that are important for our users when they switch to 2.1.
- Adblock, Firebug, Autofill Forms, SeaTabX,
- InvisibleSmiley has started maintaining a list. He'll create a wiki page and post a newsgroup message regarding this.
- Useful query: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/extensions/?sort=popular
Needing help, Unowned, Stalled
For now only a drop zone for those bugs that obviously will not make 2.1.
- bug 460953 kill-rdf port [Closed].
- Ewong to create a new meta-bug and move any unresolved dependencies over plus a dependent bug containing patch G as well.
- bug 436794 Enable Mac OS X system address book per default and add UI.
- SM UI needed, unowned, helpwanted.
- bug 449728 Drag tabs between windows.
- bug 477845 Build a standalone (Gecko 2.0) Composer. [kaze]
- kaze is currently busy with his new job so doesn't have much time to spend on this.
- bug 477840 Backport KompoZer to Composer (Depends on bug 477845).
- kaze has done a ton of work there. We still need to work out some organizational issues. At the moment there is no active interest from MoMo for bringing standalone composer into comm-central. That's something we (KaiRo and kaze) will have to negotiate with the Thunderbird team (
- bug 507841 Port Bug 422814 - Make account configuration quick, easy, and more secure (autoconfig, Quick Account Setup).
- bug 533908 SeaMonkey Mail: tabs not restored [misak].
- bug 523274 Complete new default theme icon set.
- A list of TODO icons is up in the bug.
- MattATobin and MReimer
arewere looking into this.
- bug 526210 Update the icon set for the SeaMonkey Modern Theme.
- bug 548778 New communicator icons (based on Strata theme) for SeaMonkey. Some proposed icons got posted, we should take a look how to get that contribution into the product.
- The rest is unowned so far.
- bug 87098 [SeaMonkey] Delete key should delete location bar history list entry.
- No l10n impact
- (InvisibleSmiley: ) Neil said "Actually our location bar history doesn't and can't use autocomplete at all.", moving to 2.next.
- bug 570004 Popup/"doorhanger" notifications [Neil].
- Implementation moved to bug 595810.
- lwthemes doorhangers are done, so are doorhangers in general, too?
- bug 606683 Allow customization of toolbar in Composer and MailNews Composition [IanN].
- A lot of untangling needs to go on between the 3 editors that we have. We can expect a bit of code cleanup for 2.1 but full customization has to go to 2.next as it needs work on TB too which is taking a while to get reviews on, plus feedback from kaze.
- We need to finish bug 654864 soon, but none of Neil's comments on bug 422845 triggered any response, so InvisibleSmiley feels reluctant to continue.
- One option is to create a TB patch and get a review.
Roundtable - Personal Status Updates
Status Updates from developers - what are you working on, what's the progress, any other comments? (feel free to add yourself to the list if your name is missing and you have interesting status).
- bug 649830 SeaMonkey 2.1pre (Polish) for Mac contains Russian or Swedish language packs [Build Config].
- bug 655395 Hide the "main-features" box for SeaMonkey, to prepare for SeaMonkey 2.1 [A.M.O.].
- bug 655607 Do the l10n magic from bug 544096 for SeaMonkey2.1 as well [Build Config].
- bug 657270 Update the tree-closure hook for c-c based apps for the rapid-release-train [RelEng].
- Working on:
- bug 633397 Automatic partial update from 2.1b1 to 2.1b2 build 2 misses extensions [RelEng].
- bug 647107 snippet details URL is not secure, can spoof major updates. [RelEng].
- bug 655621 Disable Spotlight on mac machines [RelEng].
- bug 655650 (SM2.1rc1) Tracking bug for build and release of SeaMonkey 2.1 rc 1 [RelEng].
- bug 656838 (SM-rapid-release) Tracking bug for SeaMonkey boarding the rapid-release-train.
- bug 657271 Update cctbpl in order to track the rapid-release-train [RelEng].
- bug 366774 Remove unused preference bidi.characterset [Core].
- bug 480696 Add ifdef MOZ_UPDATER for the app update preferences UI and Help menu.
- bug 566440 APP Update dialog is too wide with modern.
- bug 601562 Update Modern theme from missingPlugin.css to pluginProblem.css.
- bug 643199 Correctly remove outdated L10n files on update.
- bug 651844 Remove unused labelMessage.label.
- bug 39113 Show current profile name in preferences.
- bug 112356 No option to leave email messages on server when creating new account.
- bug 451960 s/observes=/command=/g in /editor/ui/*.
- bug 562048 notification bar needs to look slicker [TB].
- Usual testing, reviewing and commenting.
- bug 568052 Adapt Modern theme for new Add-on Manager (initial work by InvisibleSmiley)
- bug 650885 Make better use of menuitem and command elements relating to editing already in utilityOverlay
- bug 653418 Remove MOZ2.0 code from Sanitizer.jsm
- bug 655529 Make use of contentAreaContext in message compose window
- bug 655626 Use menu_newEditor in editorOverlay.xul
- bug 655730 Port |bug 437174 - Disabling 3rd party cookies breaks sending cookies for channels with no docshell|
- bug 655842 Port |bug 417483 - Double separator in context menu when selecting empty text & using iframes|
- bug 655863 Port |bug 581475 - nsContextMenu cleanup|
- bug 656801 test_contextmenu.html has 4 new unexpected failures since landing of bug 655842
- bug 657106 Give Debug Plain Text Editor a context menu
- Waiting for review on:
- Working on:
- To Do:
- bug 639395 Get cmd_fontSize to reflect current state of selected content / content at caret.
- bug 656713 Update SeaMonkey website for 2.1 RC 1 release
- bug 656719 Create 2.1 Release Notes
- bug 656068 Add screenshots page to 2.1 docs
- bug 637835 "Error: gFolderDisplay is not defined" in Advanced Search dialog when trying to drag search result entry (d&d impossible)
- bug 646792 Let the "Learn More" link from the plugin-crashed notification from Bug 601493 point to in-app Help
- bug 654516 Fix Sync button appearance in Modern
- Working On:
- Prepare website for 2.1 release
- bug 656463 Port browser parts of |bug 631374 - Adding or removing tags in the selector listbox always scrolls to top| to SeaMonkey
- bug 654864 Suite changes from |bug 652855 - De-RDF the address book| and |bug 422845 - Replace rdf-driven addressbook directory tree with js one|
- Did some build system reviews on the way to SeaMonkey 2.1 final.
- Landed my patch for linking OpenSearch Engine Manager in sidebar and prefs (bug 595246) in time for SeaMonkey 2.1 final, split off the hairy edge case as separate bug 654420.
- Looked through the L10n sign-offs for SeaMonkey 2.1 and accepted those that were ready, worked with Callek to sort out the problematic ones.
- Started to work full-time for Mozilla.
- Some more build system review and coordination work going along with Callek producing SeaMonkey 2.1 final (as RC1 for now).
- More looking into SeaMonkey L10n sign-offs for 2.1 and problematic locales for 2.1, while Callek went to do a build2.
- Updated German website for SeaMonkey 2.1 RC 1, including relnotes, and sent announcements for it.
- As usual, my blog has more detailed status about my work, and Mozilla Status Board Posts also tell about my next planned steps.
I fixed bug 649810 - SeaMonkey 2.1pre Windows installer ignores extension choices (installs always all extensions).
Fixed bug 624255: Ignored subthreads need visual feedback.
Did some reviews.
- bug 408599 FeedProtocolHandler creates horrifying nsIStandardURLs.
- bug 537015 Restore the spinner that was removed in bug 481359.
- bug 582195 Create sane equivalent of ConvertibleToNative() function for frozen linkage [MailNews Core].
- bug 653743 Search button is too small.
- bug 654017 nsTreeBodyFrame.cpp:3530:11: warning: unused variable ‘rightEdge’.
- bug 654420 "Get more search engines..." in Engine Manager does nothing if no browser open.
- bug 655412 Tab strip scroll arrows appear by default and have to be hidden.
- bug 655588 Desaturating filter produces more realistic grey scale than colour averaging [Addons Manager].
- bug 656886 Context menu broken in non-browser sidebars.
- bug 657215 No search engine selected in Internet Search preferences on new profile.
- bug 595810 Centralise notifications for ease of conversion to doorhangers.
Waiting for Reviews:
- bug 499785 SeaMonkey can't handle spaces in OpenURL, Firefox can.
- bug 611503 Constructing an nsTDependentString from an nsTAString makes no sense. [Core]
- bug 653460 Add app.update.timerMinimumDelay and app.update.backgroundMaxErrors to browser-prefs.js.
- bug 654007 Can't save as template via File > Save As Menu [SeaMonkey Part].
- Bug 655265}} [Classic] In Windows Classic Theme there is no feedback when hovering over or clicking menu-toolbarbuttons and dropmarkers.
- bug 652822 [TabMail] Mousewheel scroll on tab bar should change tab.
- bug 654009 Reply to list: automatically determine From: address [SeaMonkey
- bug 420296 Holding the tabdrop indicator over a tab for a moment should open this tab to allow drag&drop of content from one tab to another tab" (Port bug 248612).
- Bug triage and Bug discussions.
- End user support and PR in newsgroups and Mozillazine.
Fixed bug 655442 Issues with Chatzilla Locale for SeaMonkey 2.1 [es-ES].
- Fixed SeaMonkey (related) bugs:
- Fixed MailNews Core bugs:
- bug 652849 Port |Bug 585020 - Remove build time option to disable svg| to comm-central
- Fixed (or in-progress) Core bugs:
- bug 603574 [Windows VC++] --disable-profile-guided-optimization is ignored
- Fixed other projects bugs:
- OSX bug 648086 (Prefwindow title change from 'Preferences for x profile' to pane title when selecting pane) by backing out bug 39113.
Any other business?
- InvisibleSmiley wonders whether we could have the Mozilla major version be our minor version, at least for starters (which would let us start with 2.5 instead of 2.2)
- [IanN] In terms of version numbers, perhaps the first question is what happens when we get to Gecko 10, and what happens when we want to increase our major version.
- [InvisibleSmiley] We could have minor version = Gecko version.
- KaiRo thinks a major version bump should be when something significant changes in SeaMonkey-specific stuff.
- Prior to rapid release, we bump our minor version about every six months. Now it's every time FF increases its version.
- Discussion to be continued (but not today).