SeaMonkey Meeting Details
- 1 Agenda
- 1.1 Action Items
- 1.2 SeaMonkey 2.0.14
- 1.3 SeaMonkey 2.1
- 1.4 Feature List, Planning
- 1.5 Roundtable - Personal Status Updates
- 1.6 Any other business?
- Who's taking minutes? -> Ratty
- Nominees for Friends of the Fish Tank?
- thebot nominates KaiRo. Seconded and Thirded.
(who needs to do what that hasn't been recorded in a bug) We should assign people to the open items.
- IanN to email Fallen to get some cooperation for getting a version of Lightning that is compatible with SeaMonkey 2.1 out on AMO.
- Fallen said that he would rather we put our efforts into testing against the 1.0b4 release from comm-aurora than try and do anything from comm-2.0 there would be issues around L10n from comm-2.0. If enough decent testing can be done then he would be happy to mark it as compatible with 2.1 on AMO.
- Ratty to see if he can round up some testers from the various SeaMonkey forums. But first we need to find out from Fallen where our testers can get a Lightning 1.0b4 release from comm-aurora to test with.
- q.v. bug 653507 Lightning nightly builds for Miramar (Thunderbird 3.3 / Gecko 5.0) (comm-central + mozilla-aurora)
- Mnyromyr to coordinate the SeaMonkey response to this years Google Summer of Code.
- This year's gSoC proposals for Mozilla as such are very weak in toto, ideas for mail/news related stuff are very scarce — some remotely related seek to improve instant messsaging in Instandbird. SeaMonkey received no student applications. :-( [Mnyromyr]
- Get permission from Google to use their geolocation JSON service [KaiRo]. We can still only wait on the Google front right now. Didn't hear anything about open Geolocation service yet. No easy solution in sight.
- SHIPPED on 28 April.
- Callek did the shipping. InvisibleSmiley organized the website pages. Ewong posted the announcement to the newsgroups/mailing lists. No we don't have a twitter account. But we have a Facebook account :-)
- Firefox 4.0 was released on 22nd March.
- Don't fear being aggressive with blocker triage, If it isn't needed it doesn't block. By that same token, if you are able to fix a blocker please try and work on them before tackling any other bugs.
- Help patches can go in at anytime.
- 2.1 looks quite good, Callek said he might want to cut it as early as today if possible. But we have 5 open blockers. IanN is working on the modern theme now for add-on manager after InvisibleSmiley's initial work.
Further 2.1 scheduling:
- Please help updating the New 2.1 Features page as we go.
- 2.1pre should be followed by our release (candidate), which most likely will be based on Gecko 2.0.1 (which is now available).
- Callek has set up the comm-2.0 branch. It is now live and will be used for SM2.1.
- comm-2.0 is not used/supported by TB so InvisibleSmiley and Ratty take care of transplanting MailNews Core bugs they see fit.
- We should release within 2 weeks from Firefox 4.0.1.
- We're still on schedule for early May release.
- There might not be any more official security updates to the 1.9.1 branch after the upcoming one, so we should get a stable release based on Mozilla 2.0 out as soon as we can.
Feature List, Planning
Bug statistics for last two (full) weeks: 41 new, 43 fixed, 29 triaged.
- Good further triage targets could come out of looking at the component bug counts, pick yours!
Major wanted/needed features:
- bug 570004 Popup/"doorhanger" notifications [Neil].
- Implementation moved to bug 595810.
- Branch work on doorhangers is now complete. lwtheme doorhangers has been moved to 2.2.
- We will need to take a close look at Lightning, which is mainly targeting Thunderbird.
- Lightning 1.0b4 from comm-aurora needs to be tested against SeaMonkey 2.1. But first we need to find out from Fallen where our testers can get a Lightning 1.0b4 release from comm-aurora to test with.
- Due to recent Lightning patches/fixes, Lightning nightlies are now working again on SM trunk.
Needing help, Unowned, Stalled
For now only a drop zone for those bugs that obviously will not make 2.1.
- bug 460953 kill-rdf port.
- bug 436794 Enable Mac OS X system address book per default and add UI.
- SM UI needed, unowned, helpwanted.
- bug 449728 Drag tabs between windows.
- bug 477845 Build a standalone (Gecko 2.0) Composer. [kaze]
- kaze is currently busy with his new job so doesn't have much time to spend on this.
- bug 477840 Backport KompoZer to Composer (Depends on bug 477845).
- kaze has done a ton of work there. We still need to work out some organizational issues. At the moment there is no active interest from MoMo for bringing standalone composer into comm-central. That's something we (KaiRo and kaze) will have to negotiate with the Thunderbird team (dmose).
- bug 507841 Port Bug 422814 - Make account configuration quick, easy, and more secure (autoconfig, Quick Account Setup).
- bug 533908 SeaMonkey Mail: tabs not restored [misak].
- bug 523274 Complete new default theme icon set.
- A list of TODO icons is up in the bug.
- MattATobin and MReimer
arewere looking into this.
- bug 526210 Update the icon set for the SeaMonkey Modern Theme.
- bug 548778 New communicator icons (based on Strata theme) for SeaMonkey. Some proposed icons got posted, we should take a look how to get that contribution into the product.
- The rest is unowned so far.
- bug 87098 [SeaMonkey] Delete key should delete location bar history list entry.
- No l10n impact
- (InvisibleSmiley: ) Neil said "Actually our location bar history doesn't and can't use autocomplete at all.", moving to 2.next.
- bug 570004 Popup/"doorhanger" notifications [Neil].
- Implementation moved to bug 595810.
- Only lwthemes doorhangers are left to do.
- bug 606683 Allow customization of toolbar in Composer and MailNews Composition [IanN].
- A lot of untangling needs to go on between the 3 editors that we have. We can expect a bit of code cleanup for 2.1 but full customization has to go to 2.next as it needs work on TB too which is taking a while to get reviews on, plus feedback from kaze.
Roundtable - Personal Status Updates
Status Updates from developers - what are you working on, what's the progress, any other comments? (feel free to add yourself to the list if your name is missing and you have interesting status).
- Release Engineering
- Working on:
- bug 56365 - mailOverlay.xul abuses <script>...</script>
- bug 85655 - paste into TO: line ignores email addresses after a CR in compose window
- bug 479647 - remove intl.charset.default from navigator.properties
- bug 601715 - Cleanup of migration code
- bug 647322 - Port |Bug 640649 - Remove unused cmd_file| to SeaMonkey
- bug 647685 - mailNavigatorOverlay.xul is 60% script.
- Try-Server Tests-needed:
- bug 366774 - Remove unused preference bidi.characterset
- Needs Review:
- Working On:
- bug 566440 - APP Update dialog is to wide with modern
- Usual testing, reviewing and commenting.
- bug 335375 changing accesskey on a <broadcaster> via an overlay doesn't propagate to its <toolbarbutton>
- bug 643788 Move cmd_exportToText, cmd_preview and cmd_editSendPage out of editorOverlay
- bug 651651 Fix /suite/common/directory/directory.js now that document.height has been removed
- bug 652120 Grippy missing from Classic theme menubar on GTK2
- bug 652371 Make use of utilityOverlay's menu_View
- bug 647881 mochitest-browser-chrome: browser_dataman_basics.js and browser_dataman_callviews.js fail since 2011.04.02
- Waiting for review on:
- bug 638643 Remove obsolete EditorToggleParagraphMarks from editor.js
- bug 650885 Make better use of menuitem and command elements relating to editing already in utilityOverlay
- bug 651750 Fix emailWizard.js now that document.height and document.width have gone
- Waiting for non-red comm-central tree:
- bug 653418 Remove MOZ2.0 code from Sanitizer.jsm
- Working on:
- To Do:
- bug 639395 Get cmd_fontSize to reflect current state of selected content / content at caret.
- Only some rough looks into crash analysis this week, but things look pretty calm.
- Some catch-up on things I had left lying around in the last weeks (not too much CrashKill-work-related was in that stage, though).
- Met with CrashKill and Socorro team members to walk through our Q2 priority requests and see what they can meet.
- Looked into a bit of crash analysis, but not too much new going on.
- Mostly fixed my experimental explosive crash analysis.
- Saw that crashes on Trunk and Aurora had been mostly covered, but Aurora still has way too few users to be really useful.
- Filed a bug on duplicates that Marcia observed (bug 652829).
- Worked some SeaMonkey TODOs I had lying around and posted to a few people to forward some items to the team.
- Also filed bugs on improving the "Mozilla Trademark list" web page for SeaMonkey.
- Tried to get more things moving forward to move my remaining responsibilities over to other people.
- Created a patch on linking the OpenSearch Engine Manager in SeaMonkey's sidebar and prefs and put it up for review, should be able to get the main thing into 2.1 by avoiding the one hairy case (bug 595246).
- Reviewed a test patch after an addition of permissions to the default set made them fail (bug 647881).
- I unfortunately had missed out on updating the German SeaMonkey website for 2.1 Beta 3 while I was in the US, so made that happen now.
- Updated the German SeaMonkey website for 2.0.14 shipping and sent out announcements to German newsgroups.
- Some more work for LCARStrek on FF4.
- Needed to fight a cold, but it looks like my immune system did score a few good points in this tough game and seems to come out with a solid lead now to win this in the end.
- As usual, my blog has more detailed status about my work, and Mozilla Status Board Posts also tell about my next planned steps.
- Fixed 2.1 blocker bug 649810 SeaMonkey 2.1pre Windows installer ignores extension choices (installs always all extensions)
- Did some reviews.
- Working on Venkman bug 452288 Allow ignoring NS_ERROR_NO_INTERFACE errors.
- This year's gSoC proposals for Mozilla as such are very weak in toto, ideas for mail/news related stuff are very scarce — some remotely related seek to improve instant messsaging in Instandbird. SeaMonkey received no student applications. :-(
Did some reviews.
- bug 594776 Notifications for installing lwthemes with non-default themes (port bug 592338).
- Fixed in bug 595810.
- bug 614479 [trunk] Send To Mail Recipient not working, MAPI broken.
- bug 626716 Remove VC7.1 support code. [Core]
- bug 636210 Hang when quitting SeaMonkey if "Always clear my private data when I close SeaMonkey" is combined with "Ask me before clearing private data".
- bug 647682 Cutting and pasting of links fails in composer edit pages.
- bug 650950 Simplify DOMMouseScroll event handler [Firefox].
- bug 652007 Painting artifacts with RTL trees [Core].
- bug 651458 "test_contextmenu.html | menuitem context-delete has same accesskey as context-sendpage" since bug 647685 landing.
- bug 595810 Centralise notifications for ease of conversion to doorhangers (Almost done).
- bug 611503 Constructing an nsTDependentString from an nsTAString makes no sense. [Core]
- bug 148726 White line in Modern urlbar.
- bug 650511 [Modern 2.1] global fixes: autocomplete.css to menulist.css.
- bug 651928 Java Plugin2's name has changed on OS X Lion (10.7).
- bug 652315 [Modern 2.1] global fixes: notification.css to zymurgy.
- bug 652470 Message pane has lost its focus ring.
- bug 652549 Don't let failures to save the search to form history prevent the search bar from working (Port bug 553577).
- bug 652557 Media file display names should use decodeURIComponent instead of decodeURI (Port bug 494328).
- bug 653453 Full screen video plays back on wrong monitor (multiple monitor setup) [Port bug 520805].
- bug 652822 [TabMail] Mousewheel scroll on tab bar should change tab.
- bug 653460 Add app.update.timerMinimumDelay and app.update.backgroundMaxErrors to browser-prefs.js.
- bug 654007 Can't save as template via File > Save As Menu [SeaMonkey Part].
- bug 654009 Reply to list: automatically determine From: address [SeaMonkey Part].
- Bug triage and Bug discussions.
- End user support and PR in newsgroups and Mozillazine.
- Fixed (or in-progress) SeaMonkey (related) bugs:
- Fixed Core bugs:
- Did some reviews.
- Otherwise away until beginning of May.
- To Do:
Any other business?
- Organize another Triage Event [tonymec].
- Proposed name Operation Nugzilla.
- Tonymec suggests 18-20 May, 2000-2400 CEST, but ungodly time for East-Asian members. Perhaps one additional session from 1400-1800 CEST (2000-2400 HKT/SGT/MYT) on either 19th or 20th depending on availability.
- I'll be there 1400-2400 CEST all three days. I suggest Asians use the early part of the sessions, Americans (from Alaska to Tierra del Fuego ;-) ) the late part, so there'll be at least a couple of hours for everyone. —Tonymec 07:23, 3 May 2011 (PDT)
- Tonymec to come up with a loose framework around what is to be achieved so that it can be passed on to whoever is running the Asian sessions.
- Framework to be posted to MozWiki and possibly an announcement to the newsgroups/forums this Sunday.
- Future meetings - organising, chairing, etc. Who should do what? [IanN]
- IanN to continue to chair the meetings and Ratty to take the minutes/meeting notes.
- KaiRo usually tried to get agenda and announcement out on the Saturday or Sunday before the meeting.
- InvisibleSmiley to prepare the meeting agendas and to make the announcements.
- SeaMonkey RoadMap.
- If we use FF's release schedule, then the roadmap will not be feature-based as we won't have decided which features will be able to be in any of the releases.
- Our roadmap will be very much dependent on both FF's and TB's roadmaps but we can try and slot in any features we are porting / creating as we get closer to milestones.
- Future discussions will be needed once Callek makes the announcement and 2.1 is out. So that would be at the next meeting.
- What doesn "tl;dr;" mean?