SeaMonkey Meeting Details
- 1 Agenda
- 1.1 Action Items
- 1.2 Release Train
- 1.3 Extensions Compatibility Tracking
- 1.4 SeaMonkey 2.3
- 1.5 Feature List, Planning
- 1.6 Roundtable - Personal Status Updates
- 1.7 Any other business?
- Who's taking minutes? -> RickieES (RickieesES in wmo)
- Nominees for Friends of the Fish Tank?
- Callek for his sterling RelEng work getting Several security updates out in quick succession (confirmed in IRC meeting by IanN, tonymec and KaiRo).
- Please note A person or entity can't be nominated twice in a row.
(who needs to do what that hasn't been recorded in a bug) We should assign people to the open items.
- We should find a better way of getting nominees for Friends of the Fish Tank.
- We could put out a call for nominations the week before then, at the time of the meeting notice going out we could include any nominations (We need to come up with a quick FAQ as to what merits a nomination). IanN has put out an email to the members list. InvisibleSmiley came up with some sensible suggestions.
- We need to advertise such a thing happens even if it is only in the meeting notice.
- Jtek has volunteered to oversee the details of the SeaMonkey tee-shirt shop. KaiRo has forwarded the Zazzle contact to jtek and Jeff is following up.
- Get permission from Google to use their geolocation JSON service [KaiRo]. We can still only wait on the Google front right now.
- KaiRo has heard that Google is doing a revamp of their location service, maybe they'll finally make it available publicly so we can use it. [InvisibleSmiley says:] According to Bug 677256 |Migrate to Google Location Service v2| this is still FF only :-(
- Callek has contacted Google Sales reps to try and work out a solution that meets our budget (almost nothing) and requirements. Not expecting anything out of it, initial quote from them for inclusion was over 15 thousand USD.
- Callek is working on getting comm-aurora and comm-beta on MXR (bug 653424).
- Patch needs updating.
- 2.3 shipped on 16th August.
- 2.3.1 shipped on 23rd August.
- 2.3.2 shipped on 31st August.
- 2.3.3 shipping today (6 September). Hopefully the last in 2.3.x series, but it all comes to CAs statuses.
- 2.4 Beta 1 shipping today (if website changes are ready, which InvisibleSmiley estimates in 5-8 hours) or tomorrow.
- 2.0.14 -> 2.3.3 Major Updates live as of today (6 September)
Extensions Compatibility Tracking
- Addon Compatibility Listings created and maintained by InvisibleSmiley, with help from some community members like DERoss.
- Recent changes can be found here.
- AMO has versions of Engimail and Lightning compatible with 2.3 now. :-)
- The latest Firebug is now fully compatible but still not flagged as such on AMO (which seems to depend on automatic tests being set up and run on the Firebug side, see Issue 4430)
- Besides the above, we should also take a look at other add-ons that are important for our users when they switch to 2.x.
- InvisibleSmiley created a FAQ Wiki page. Everybody please help update it, so it stays current without needing too much maintenance.
- KaiRo created a SeaMonkey Features page and sub-pages for all those that are in development.
2.2 Follow-ups and Issues
- Lost Bookmarks bug 673474 and Cookies bug 673672 on auto-update from 2.0.14 to 2.2.
- Bookmarks can be re-imported from bookmarks.html.
- Users are unhappy about various UX and usability issues with the new Data Manager.
- Ratty proposes that until all the major pain points are addressed, links to the old individual managers be established (probably from the various Data Manager panes).
- [InvisibleSmiley] We need to try harder to fix regressions ASAP. I feel there is still too much delay. IMO regressions from the last stable version need to be addressed with top priority, especially in light of the rapid release train.
- The New 2.3 Features page has a comprehensive list of features.
- One user reported lost bookmarks from 2.2 to 2.3. Since Firefox didn't have the same problem, IanN thinks it could be just a broken profile issue.
- Ratty suggests searching SUMO forums for similar issues with Firefox.
- 2.3.x had ~62100 ADU yesterday, 2.3 has had ~60700 downloads so far.
- vs. 10009 on 2.2 (with 40370 on 2.0 and 2237 on 2.1). So another ~4k have migrated to 2.2 or above in the last two weeks.
- IanN says 2.3 user figures are just about 800 under 2.2 figures, which is pretty well. 2.3.3 MU should bring a fair number of 2.0 users, too.
- Shipped on time, with 2.3.1 and 2.3.2 following and 2.3.3 released today
- [InvisibleSmiley:] Users still on 2.0 will probably sent to 2.3.3 directly?
- Callek: Correct, as of today (after 2.3.3 ships) we'll have 2.0.14 updates directly to 2.3.3
- Users on 2.2 were updated to 2.3 at release time. Anyone on beta channel was updated to 2.3 already.
Follow-ups and Issues
- werwolf reports that there are no Spanish Es-Ar help files, only English for several releases.
- RickieES has contacted the es-AR people to offer them the es-ES files. Marcelo Poli said they will use es-ES files while we try to update es-AR content.
Further 2.x scheduling
- Callek has spun 2.4b1 along with Firefox 7.0b4. We believe they'll make the GO for that today, but until it is done it can change.
- Release is slated for later today, or tomorrow.
- SeaMonkey 2.4 is due out towards the end of September (27th) or perhaps early October depending on Firefox and our resources.
- [InvisibleSmiley:] We need to make sure that anything that landed on comm-beta (for TB) or mozilla-beta (for FF) which affected non-shared code and which fixed regressions will be fixed on our side, too. Examples: Address Book bug 682803 (port bug: bug 683716), Session Store bug 668646 (port bug: bug 671520). IanN agrees.
- Please help updating the New 2.4 Features page as we go.
Feature List, Planning
Bug statistics for last two (full) weeks: 57 new, 17 fixed, 18 triaged.
- New bugs seem to be outstripping fixed/triaged but still a good amount of triaging going on.
- Good further triage targets could come out of looking at the component bug counts, pick yours!
- IanN wonders when would be a good time to have another bug day. Perhaps on October, once 2.4 is out?
- Tonymec and IanN wonder if the last time was mid-week or on weekend. Operation Nugzilla happened from May 18th to 20th (Wed to Fri).
- Callek_Away tries to triage bugs within 48 hours since they are filed. He hopes to start going through stuff once he gets most of his other todo's caught up; but that may not be as soon as he'd like.
Major wanted/needed features:
- bug 657604 Remove the RDF global object. [serge]
- bug 606683 Allow customization of toolbar in Composer and MailNews Composition [IanN].
- Progressing slowly, still waiting on reviews from TB side. Full customization has to go to 2.next (currently 2.6 but could be pushed back further) as it needs work on TB too which is taking a while to get reviews on, plus feedback from kaze.
- IanN is still unpicking Composer/Mail Compose code in the dependent bugs.
- de-RDF bug 654864 has been finished and landed on all development branches, including 2.3. Still to do:
- Neil wanted to follow up on some listener issues
- for the selection issue, see what the TB guys come up with in bug 669203
- bug 515734 Provide More Entries in the Win7 Jumplist Tasks list. [Callek].
- Fixed and in, in time for the 2.5 train. (Currently in aurora)
- bug 477845 Build a standalone (Comm-central) Composer. [kaze]
- kaze has done a bit of work in this bug recently. Building on Windows works. Now supports debug builds on Linux if tests are disabled (--disable-tests). Still a lot to do.
- IanN will see if he can help get builds working with --enable-tests.
Needing help, Unowned, Stalled
- bug 657607 Port jminta's kill-rdf to SeaMonkey where applicable Part 2 [meta].
- bug 436794 Enable Mac OS X system address book per default and add UI.
- SM UI needed, unowned, helpwanted.
- bug 449728 Drag tabs between windows.
- bug 477840 Backport KompoZer to Composer (Depends on bug 477845).
- kaze has done a ton of work there. We still need to work out some organizational issues. At the moment there is no active interest from MoMo for bringing standalone composer into comm-central. That's something we (KaiRo and kaze) will have to negotiate with the Thunderbird team (Standard8).
- bug 507841 Port Bug 422814 - Make account configuration quick, easy, and more secure (autoconfig, Quick Account Setup).
- bug 533908 SeaMonkey Mail: tabs not restored [misak].
- bug 523274 Complete new default theme icon set.
- A list of TODO icons is up in the bug.
- bug 526210 Update the icon set for the SeaMonkey Modern Theme.
- bug 548778 New communicator icons (based on Strata theme) for SeaMonkey. Some proposed icons got posted, we should take a look how to get that contribution into the product.
- The rest is unowned so far.
- bug 87098 [SeaMonkey] Delete key should delete location bar history list entry.
- Note: Our location bar history doesn't and can't use autocomplete at all.
- bug 677484 Individual SeaMonkey components are not properly handled by the Windows 7 taskbar.
- bug 654009 Reply to list: automatically determine From: address
- Note: The actual task here is to port bug 45715 "Reply to List" [button/(context) menu item]
Roundtable - Personal Status Updates
Status Updates from developers - what are you working on, what's the progress, any other comments? (feel free to add yourself to the list if your name is missing and you have interesting status).
- bug 682897 re-sync comm-central's copies of mozilla-central build harness
- bug 676159 Please create MU billboard for Sea2.3 as "unsupported" scary warning (Patch by :InvisibleSmiley)
- L10n versions have manually copied strings from Firefox for this, and are filed as dependant bugs to have those teams check.
- bug 682981 - Tracking bug for build and release of SeaMonkey 2.3.2
- Fixed bustage from bug 683852 landing, using cset a5f596801e38.
- bug 684160 - Port some recent SyncUI changes to SeaMonkey
- Working On
- bug 684648 - Tracking bug for build and release of SeaMonkey 2.4 Beta 1
- bug 682739 - Tracking bug for build and release of SeaMonkey
2.3.1 18.104.22.168.3 MU [Major Update]
- Done except pushing updates live
- bug 683719 - Tracking bug for build and release of SeaMonkey 2.3.3
- Done except website, announcements, and pushing updates live.
- Pending Review
- bug 682898 - Create a test to ensure comm-central and mozilla-central configuration harness is in sync
- bug 684536 - More Sync changes since Firefox 4
- bug 684537 - Port bug 626949 |Sync UI: Style generic change dialogs like the setup and Add a Device wizards| to suite
- bug 680113 - Select Add-ons dialog lists distribution add-ons as installed by the user
- Major TODO
- Update build machine software, including buildbot itself.
- Update build machine custom code to latest.
- Start using the newer release automation code.
- Get SeaMonkey test machines green on trunk
- bug 675672 - "NS_ERROR_DOM_NOT_FOUND_ERR" when hovering certain items in Go menu
- bug 513900 - executable permissions for data files (port bug 461322 to SeaMonkey) [need to set c-n; but after successful local build.)
- Needs Review:
- Working On:
- bug 649952 - Port |Bug 609824 - Re-add Bloglines to the feed reader options| to SeaMonkey
- Usual testing, reviewing and commenting.
- bug 680936 Fold mailMessengerComposeOverlay.xul into messengercompose.xul
- bug 680945 Fold mailMessengerOverlay.xul into mailWindowOverlay.xul
- bug 677010 Show update channel on about: page
- bug 212165 Unable to access advanced link properties of a linked image
- bug 219821 can't open a 'news:' URI in new tab/window (enable Open Link in New Tab/Window context menu entries for news URLs)
- bug 680890 Make more use of mailOverlay in mail composition window
- Waiting for review on:
- bug 638643 Remove obsolete EditorToggleParagraphMarks from editor.js
- bug 680805 Share edit menus between Composer, Plain Text Editor and Messenger Compose
- bug 682582 Move navigator/hiddenwindow stringbundles to navigatorOverlay
- bug 682600 Remove duplicate keys/keysets in hiddenwindow
- bug 682620 Move navigator/hiddenwindow commandsets to navigatorOverlay
- bug 682723 Move common overlay/scripts from hiddenWindow/navigator to navigatorOverlay
- bug 682740 mailNavigatorOverlay's goOpenNewMessage never gets called
- bug 683315 Update en-GB for Gecko 8.0 (mozilla-aurora)
- bug 683323 Update en-GB for SeaMonkey 2.5/Thunderbird 8.0 (comm-aurora)
- bug 684719 Update en-GB help for SeaMonkey 2.4 (comm-beta)
- bug 664832 Page info should use the same last dir for both single and multiple file saves
- Waiting for additional review on:
- Waiting for feedback:
- bug 648867 Can't open new message window
- Reviewed and waiting for other work before possible checkin:
- bug 674942 Mailnews part of cookie code still gets built as MOZ_MAIL_NEWS is not configured correctly
- Working on:
- To Do:
- bug 639395 Get cmd_fontSize to reflect current state of selected content / content at caret.
- created version-agnostic SeaMonkey add-on compatibility wiki page
- created version-agnostic SeaMonkey user FAQ wiki page
- bug 682985 Update SeaMonkey website for 2.3.2 release
- bug 682531 Bookmarks Toolbar endless recursion
- bug 680740 Reorganize documentation structure
- bug 680693 Update SeaMonkey website for 2.3.1 release
- bug 677149 Update System Requirements page to identify OS X Lion (10.7) for the proper release
- bug 676159 Create Major Update billboard for SeaMonkey 2.3 as "unsupported" scary warning
- bug 666873 Modern theme - icons missing in Add-on Manager
- Working On:
- bug 684651 Create/Update 2.4 Release Notes
- bug 684650 Update SeaMonkey website for 2.4 Beta 1 release
- bug 683724 Update SeaMonkey website for 2.3.3 release
- bug 683716 Port bug 682803 |can't set address book in filters|
- review bug 684536 More Sync changes since Firefox 4
- review bug 684537 Port bug 626949 |Sync UI: Style generic change dialogs like the setup and Add a Device wizards| to suite
- feedback for bug 608103 Message Display panel clipped on Windows 7
- Did all the manual work to put up automated SeaMonkey 2.3.1 updates for 64-bit Linux (bug 682138), but the current DigiNotor "oilspill" situation will make it necessary for me to look into 2.3.3 updates soon.
- I did some more work on my EarlyBlue and LCARStrek themes and uploaded 2.3 versions to AMO, which have all changes to supports SeaMonkey 2.3 and for LCARStrek Firefox 6 as well as possible (and newer versions reasonably).
- Also worked on some first steps of updating EarlyBlue and LCARStrek for 2.4 versions, but there's more to be done there.
- bug 531540 Adding images to a page got "dumber" with this release.
- bug 682587 Application.activeWindow is undefined.
- bug 683610 Restore support for 1bpp RLE bitmaps.
- bug 669203 directoryTreeView shouldn't alter selection when an address book is added/removed from places other than the address book.
- bug 684617 client.mk runs configure twice.
- bug 684726 Remind people to update nsContentBlocker when they update nsIContentPolicy.
- bug 684805 Port bug 648045 Mark the active tab in minimized windows as inactive.
- bug 664357 SeaMonkey 2.1 mail compose window back tab bug.
- bug 683422 An Ampersand (&) on the URL line breaks Translate Page.
- bug 683894 Package jsdebugger.xpt.
- bug 673878 Option to disable mousewheel scroll on tab bar.
Waiting for review:
- bug 683168 Add ARIA semantics to those search widget types that don't have a Search button.
- bug 684235 [tabbrowser] Use contentDocument.documentURIObject for shouldLoadFavIcon()/loadFavIcon().
- bug 656056 Make the MailNews searchBar an external toolbar in the thread pane.
- Bug triage and Bug discussions.
- End user support and PR in newsgroups and Mozillazine.
- Fixed bug 682658 [es-ES] Verify SeaMonkey "Scary" Update.
- bug 675858 Error: Services is not defined chrome://navigator/content/pageinfo/permissions.js.
- bug 681148 Define getPostDataStream() as in Firefox.
- bug 663272 NightlyTester Tools should support SeaMonkey nightlies the way ChatZilla, Venkman and DOM Inspector now do.
Any other business?
- Warm welcome to Stanimir, which has provided his first two bugs.