SeaMonkey Meeting Details
- Time: 27 May, 2014, 12:00 UTC
- (8am Eastern, 1pm UK, 2pm Central Europe, 8pm Hong Kong)
- Location: #seamonkey IRC channel
- Further Read: Basics
- 1 Agenda
- 1.1 Action Items
- 1.2 Status of the SeaMonkey Buildbot Master and Tree
- 1.3 Release Train
- 1.4 Extensions and Plugins Compatibility Tracking
- 1.5 2.x (Last, Current, Next)
- 1.6 Bugs: Low Hanging Fruit
- 1.7 Feature List, Planning
- 1.8 Roundtable - Personal Status Updates
- 1.9 Any other business?
- Who's taking minutes? -> mcsmurf
- Nominees for Friends of the Fish Tank:
(who needs to do what that hasn't been recorded in a bug) We should assign people to the open items.
- http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/seamonkey/ has not been updated since November 2012, the last version listed is 2.14 (bug 956561); move blog to blog.mozilla.org if possible Assigned: mcsmurf.
- bug 998807 Sync account creation or device pairing fails with exception in BrowserIDManager
- mcsmurf will look into this
Status of the SeaMonkey Buildbot Master and Tree
- Callek has been working on migrating our Linux builders to CentOS 6 bug 795354. Puppetmaster has been updated. Ewong is able to login to these hosts and buildbot is installed. We still need to get everything setup for parity and do some slight tweaks to the puppet config, but we're pretty close to useable.
- the scheduled 2.27 releases is June 10, thus in two weeks (and still no Linux builds)
- there is a very high chance that we will be skipping 2.27.(will update this when I get more info.-ewong)
- the scheduled 2.27 releases is June 10, thus in two weeks (and still no Linux builds)
- bug 983536 libpango version >= 1.22.0 required on Linux.
- bug 977676 SeaMonkey's puppet broken due to requirement of ffxbld ldap password.
- bug 1008596 wrong extension branches are used on aurora, patch is ready
- Python has been updated on all buildboxen!
- We are perma-orange on comm-central, comm-aurora and comm-beta due to problems with tests
- Windows en-US builds are being successfully compiled but tests are not working due to a dependency on python 2.7.3.
- bug 908090 ImportError: No module named json, on SeaMonkey Linux/Windows (all) test runs, due to (still) using Python 2.5. We do have python 2.7 installed but our build system is picking up python 2.5 instead.
- ewong's patch is waiting for review. It was manually patched on the master; but, was reverted and the buildmaster was reconfigured and so the changes are gone. Need to have the patch pushed officially in order for this bug to be fixed.
- pymake is failing with "invalid syntax" again because of an outdated Python.
- Priority on fixing this and l10n repacks after 2.24 release.(No ETA yet)
- bug 943740 is tracking the progress (or lack of one) in building trunk and aurora on Linux & Mac from the downloading user's POV. (Windows nightlies are still appearing on schedule — or were until a day or two ago.)
- No langpacks since 29th August on trunk. Needs investigating.
- Windows and Mac trunk langpacks directories have been removed on the FTP server, maybe for lack of recent XPIs (later than 2.20a1). Latest Linux langpacks are dated 29 August. Callek told Tonymec on IRC he has a hunch about why but more pressing things to do first.
- In Bug 902876 Comment 12 Mcsmurf is waiting for feedback from the build team on how to proceed.
- Buildmaster is up and running.
- Callek is hand-approving requests for CLOSED TREE landings at the moment.
- Due to the master having some mysql issues, Callek has put a halt on the mysql updates, which affects the tbpl. So nothing is showing in tbpl atm.
- comm-* will be building out of mozilla-* (bug 648979 etc.). Jcrammer has mostly completed the coding. Next step is consultation with mozilla-central build peers on landing the patches and also getting implicit permission to add several new top level directories to mozilla-central.
Fixed Stuff Since Last Meeting
- SeaMonkey 2.27 beta 1 is not scheduled yet.
- likely depends on bug 983536 libpango version >= 1.22.0 required on Linux
- It's very likely that we'll skip SeaMonkey 2.27 entirely.
- Useful Firefox Release Schedule link: Releases Scheduling
Extensions and Plugins Compatibility Tracking
- See Basics page. Please only list current changes here.
- Addon Compatibility Listings
- Ratty filed bug 957149 to push an updated version of DOMi to addons.mozilla.org to pick up the latest fixes. Depends on:
- bug 798174 (DOMi2.0.15) DOM Inspector 2.0.15.
- Mcsmurf asked crusell how he did the releases. https://wiki.mozilla.org/DOM_Inspector/Releases/Checklist. IanN says he may take a look at doing this, time permitting.
- Our build team needs to automate DOMI branch selection rather than having to tweak the client.py every 6 weeks. bug 763506
- Lightning and addons.mozilla.org:
- Release notes have been updated to tell users how they can find the current Lightning version for SeaMonkey, see bug 984884.
2.x (Last, Current, Next)
- [From a previous meeting:] There is a problem with the metrics server, so no current data is available
- See Basics page for the usual reminders.
- Fixed since the last meeting:
- bug 998724 Feed preview is broken on SeaMonkey nightly.
- Current breakages:
- Mozilla-central bugs that affect us:
- Note: Please file bugs if you notice any landing on mozilla-central that might break us. Please don't depend on Ratty noticing such landings.
- bug 910192 Get rid of intl.charset.default as a localizable pref and deduce the fallback from the locale. Tracked in:
- bug 934492 Adjust the languages preference pane to take into account Bug 910192 which removes intl.charset.default and deduces the fallback from the locale.
- pref-character_encoding.xul is affected. In MailNews folderProps.xul and am-server.xul are also affected. In Thunderbird fonts.xul is broken (bug 1003716 . In Editor/UI EditorSaveAsCharset.xul is affected.
- Our front end Sync UI needs to be updated as the old backend is going away in Gecko/Firefox 31. See: New Firefox Sync has landed in Firefox Nightly. Tracked in:
- A lot of these bugs are due to mozilla-central switching from synchronous APIs to Asynchronous APIs.
- bug 566746 (asyncFormHistory) Form history should use asynchronous storage API. Tracked in:
- bug 912031 Use Asynchronous FormHistory.jsm in place of nsIFormHistory2 in Suite.
- bug 769764 move proxy resolution to separate thread and remove sync api. Tracked in:
- MailNews bug 791645 Rewrite calls to synchronous nsIProtocolProxyService::DeprecatedBlockingResolve with Async code before DeprecatedBlockingResolve disappears as well.
- bug 793634 Force builds to be compatible with gtk 2.18/glib 2.22. Tracked in:
- bug 795144 default --disable-gnomeui icon theme support
- porting bug needed for the two configure.in changesets? Changes could be folded into bug 794772 above. *** IanN and Ewong are looking into this..
- bug 627699 Port GTK2 to GTK3. Tracked in:
- bug 882036 Port GTK2 to GTK3 - SeaMonkey Part.
- A Red Hat person seems to be working on the GTK3 integration.
- bug 846635 Use asynchronous getCharsetForURI in getShortcutOrURI. bug 834543 Add asynchronous version of setCharsetForURI and getCharsetForURI. Tracked in:
- bug 896947 Use asynchronous version of setCharsetForURI and getCharsetForURI in getShortcutOrURI and other places.
Bugs: Low Hanging Fruit
Not necessarily Good First Bugs but minor fixes that shouldn't need advanced coding skills.
- bug 1006052 RIght tabbar scroll button doesn't get disabled when it should.
- Implement Close Tabs to the Right.
Good student projects:
- bug 907733 Have link-related context menus when you select a text link (like Firefox).
- bug 1011857 Implement CustomizableUI for SeaMonkey.
- Add ability for new tabs to load a custom page on creation. Implement "browser.newtab.url". Also implement about:newtab as the default new tab page.
Needs investigation/confirmation/QA wanted?
- bug 1007012 LDAP Addressbook query fails with sec_error_untrusted_issuer OR ssl_error_rx_malformed_cert_request.
- bug 1008507 Moving/copying a thread destroys message order .
- bug 1008728 Bookmarks menu subfolders don't display if bookmark titles are long.
- bug 1008779 SeaMonkey 2.26 pdf viewer prints blank page. Things were fine prior to 2.26 release. To confirm that this is fixed by Core bug 1003707.
- bug 1012491 Some attempts at HTTP requests result in browser hanging. Someone who is familiar with debugging on Linux please help the person reporting bug 1012491.
- bug 1015714 SeaMonkey doesn't open after havig run updater. Can anyone reproduce this problem on OSX 10.9?
Feature List, Planning
Bug statistics for the last two (full) weeks: 28 new, 14 fixed, 12 triaged.
- Low triaging effort.
- See Feature List page for major wanted/needed features.
- SeaMonkey needs a debugger for its chrome code. Jez couldn't continue work on bug 613974 because he couldn't figure out a way to debug Seamonkey's JS. He suggest Firebug be modified to allow remote debugging of Seamonkey (bug 1006466). Bare minimum, have a good tutorial about how to debug Seamonkey chrome from Firefox (couldn't get that to work either) and link it from various Seamonkey developer pages.
- We had some discussion in the meeting if we should look at porting/including the Firefox devtools or rather look into bundling Firebug 2.0
- TODO: We will need to update our Sync UI code due to the new Sync API. Also we need to check if we are allowed to create FX accounts from our UI Since the new Sync accounts are FX accounts.[IanN] I'm sure I saw a question about FX accounts and branding.
Modern Theme rework (Patrick Dempsey)
Patrick Dempsey in concentrating on paid work at the moment.
Roundtable - Personal Status Updates
Status Updates from developers - what are you working on, what's the progress, any other comments? (feel free to add yourself to the list if your name is missing and you have interesting status).
- To be Checked-in:
- bug 992561 - Typo in viewCertificate.label in suite/locales/en-US/chrome/browser/navigator.dtd
- Working On:
- bug 110904 - attach signature fails silently on bad paths
- bug 507676 - Port |Bug 435804 - Remaining rdf cleanup for FilterListDialog| to SeaMonkey
- bug 837649 - [Tracking Bug] Stop OSX 10.5 support for SeaMonkey project
- bug 837650 - Stop support for OSX 10.5 in suite/ tree
- bug 863747 - Add option to disable Location bar history
- bug 918474 - Default Search dropdown doesn't get refreshed after adding new search engine
- bug 928632 - When the birth year is empty, SeaMonkey puts 1900 and in English language
- Usual testing, reviewing and commenting.
- bug 1008596 No SeaMonkey 2.28a2 nightly aurora builds, likely due to wrong relbranches in client.py configuration
- Pending check in:
- Checked in pending review:
- Waiting for feedback/review:
- Fixing review comments before checkin:
- Working on:
- bug 943335 [TB] Update icons used in searchplugins (Yahoo, eBay, Wikipedia, Amazon, Bing, Twitter)
- Various SM Council documents.
- bug 606683 Allow customization of toolbar in Composer and MailNews Composition
- bug 639690 [META] Re-arrange code between editor and editorOverlay
- bug 773979 [META] Switch to new drag and drop api in SeaMonkey
- bug 657234 Move pasteQuote and pasteNoFormatting into contentAreaContextOverlay
- File/Folder selection in windows.
- To Do:
- bug 639395 Get cmd_fontSize to reflect current state of selected content / content at caret.
- Create FAQ for Friends of the Fish Tank.
- Help get composer standalone builds working with --enable-tests.
Fixed on comm-central:
Fixed on comm-central, needs aurora checkin:
Fixed on comm-central, needs aurora and beta checkin:
- bug 998171 Stale icons show up in Aero Peek.
Fixed on comm-central, needs aurora uplift:
Fixed on comm-central, needs aurora and beta uplift:
- bug 1008835 Unable to defer a new account to the Global Inbox.
Needs checkin and aurora and beta checkin:
- bug 794749 Separator positions are not remembered in the 3-pane window's vertical view.
Needs partial beta backout:
- bug 975362 Support HTTP cache v2 API in the UI.
- bug 934492 Adjust the preference panes for the removal of the charset data source.
Waiting for review:
- bug 553757 SMTP Server dialog doesn't fit after disabling SSL.
The beta checkins and uplifts would also be suitable for a point release.
- bug 797240 Update suite/common/app-license.html to reference MPL2 and fix inclusion into about:license.
- bug 1005679 Remove cruft from the viewLog dialog and and bring it up to spec [MailNews].
- Pushed patch for bug 916865 which I totally forgot about (Revert the part of bug 906083 which changed the spellchecker.dictionaries.download.url).
- bug 993971 Preview lightweight themes from the Apply Theme menu.
- bug 1014105 Eliminate the AUTOCOMPLETE_OLD_STYLE variable in XUL.css.
- bug 1001071 XBLify folder-selection menus in the FilterListDialog and SearchDialog.xul.
- Some minor updates to confvars.sh .
- Did some reviews.
- Bug triage and Bug discussions.
- Usual end user support and PR in newsgroups and Mozillazine.
Waiting for check-in:
- bug 844098 Update about:rights content for Safe Browsing based on Toolkit bug 514817 and separate inline scripts.
Waiting for reviews:
- bug 1009233 Help on mail account settings for authentication method needs updating.
- bug 1015924 Focus cursor on address bar when opening new private window.
Still waiting for ui-review:
- bug 994093 Provide toggle for Geolocation service (geo.enabled) in Privacy & Security preference pane.
- bug 998787 Remove redundant "Don't Share" option from Geolocation doorhanger notification.
- bug 173465 Add UI for mail/news "network.protocol-handler.external..." preferences.
- Bug triage, testing, and commenting for SeaMonkey and MailNews Core.
- End-user information and discussion on MozillaZine.
- bug 1006068 The top of the web page is now too small and two menu bars are intermixed.
- bug 333910 nsITheme for menu/scrollbox arrows [Core:Widget Cocoa].
- bug 1012445 Implement NS_THEME_CHECKMENUITEM for Mac OS X [Core:Widget Cocoa].
- Fixed bug 1008725 /suite/installer/package-manifest.in needs to handle lack of mapi files when --disable-mapi is used.
- Working on bug 1009890 Ctrl+P and Ctrl+W not working from Print Preview window.
Any other business?
- [Ratty] KaiRo reminded us that we need to grow our contributor community. Perhaps we can get some Engagement experts from Mozilla to give us some suggestions?
- [IanN] might have a chat with some people and see if they can point me in the right direction.