- 1 Build Harness
- 2 Bugs
- 3 Build Engineer
- 4 Signed-off Revisions
- 5 Notes
- 6 Wall Clock Time
Tracking bug filed as bug 626569
Justin Wood (hopefully with little assistance from Robert Kaiser)
- FIREFOX_3_5_17_RELEASE (GECKO19117_2011012114_RELBRANCH)
- f6c78804ebb4 (COMM_1_9_1_BRANCH)
- f5fd1b073bf8 (COMM_1_9_1_BRANCH)
- f13c813e4ec6 (COMM_1_9_1_BRANCH)
- First release on Buildbot 0.8 infra, though we are using the 0.7-based factories.
- Made sure all build machines have clean release directories
- Done by KaiRo
- Updated l10n-changesets and release-config.py Done
- Updated and reconfigured buildmaster Done
- Kicked off with the following command:
buildbot sendchange --username=Callek --master=localhost:9010 --branch=releases/comm-1.9.1 -m "SeaMonkey 2.0.12build1" doit
- Had a problem, likely due to this being first buildbot 0.8 build... investigating. (issue with changed buildbot args)
- Re-tried to kick off with the following command (and it worked):
buildbot sendchange --username=Callek --master=localhost:9010 --branch=releases/comm-1.9.1 -c "SeaMonkey 2.0.12build1" doit
- The sendchange had worked, but had to file bug 628202 for an additional problem, checked in its patch and did a new sendchange.
- which will fail since I patched calendar... doing a new patch now.
- Everything continued on, and built fine, except our l10n builds ended up coalescing together, so we only had zh-CN
- Patched buildbot locally for that see pastebin
- Then performed the following actions to re-send all l10n repacks to the slaves:
hg clone http://hg.mozilla.org/build/tools cd tools/buildbot-helpers rm shipped-locales wget http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/comm-1.9.1/raw-file/SEAMONKEY_2_0_12_RELEASE/suite/locales/shipped-locales /tools/buildbot-0.8.0/bin/python force_release_l10n.py -m http://localhost:8010 -t SEAMONKEY_2_0_12_RELEASE -v -b releases/comm-1.9.1 -n Callek -s shipped-locales
- Which failed due to a problem with the buildbot-helper script (expected buildbot 0.7 infra, and form names), fixed the form name and re-ran. All repacks green!
Wall Clock Time
- buildbot sendchange:
- linux_repack (23 locales):
- win32_repack (23 locales):
- macosx_repack (23 locales):
- manually via fakesign.sh
Start: Mon Jan 24 21:18:35 PST 2011 End: Mon Jan 24 21:19:01 PST 2011
Updates and Verification
- updates ran into a problem, due to us using an older tag for the necessary tools repo. Updated to match Firefox 1.9.1 tag for that repo, reconfig and manually triggered build, all good.
Push Updates to the beta Channel
~/bin/backupsnip 20101124-SeaMonkey-2.0.11-beta ~/bin/pushsnip 20101124-SeaMonkey-2.0.11-beta
zipcopy.sh as documented in 2.0.3 notes to provide ZIPs along with the installers for Windows and additionally copy the 64bit file over to contrib.
Copy Language Packs
langpackmove.sh as documented in 2.0b1 notes to move the langpacks into the directory we want them in for release.
make-checksums.sh as documented in 2.0.3 notes, created MD5SUMS and SHA1SUMS files containing all files we release - copying the README from last time and replacing the versions as needed, as well as doing the same for Linux x86_64.
Push To Mirrors
mirrorpush.sh as documented in 2.0.3 notes to finally push the files to the public dir for mirrors to pick them up.
Used 'Force Build' to start the final_verification builder; all tested URLs are HTTP 200 and 302 - ready for going public!
- Push to beta:
- Push to mirrors:
- Push to release: