- 1 Build Harness
- 2 Bugs
- 3 Build Engineer
- 4 Signed-off Revisions
- 5 Notes
- 6 Wall Clock Time
Tracking bug filed as bug 514294
chatzilla CVS timestamp: 2009-09-03 00:00
L10n revisions according to opt-ins as listed in l10n-changesets
- Updated shipped-locales, l10n-changesets, release-config.py
- Kicked off with the following command:
buildbot sendchange --username=kairo --master=localhost:9010 --branch=comm-central -m "SeaMonkey 2.0b2build1" doit
- Forgot to "hg pull -u" buildbots-configs and reconfigure the master, so did that and kicked off the process once more.
- Probably because the builds for the first tagging were still in the queue when I kicked it off the second time, the tagging failed to trigger its followup steps. I initiated the source and build steps from the web interface. The mac slave got lost while building, needed to trigger it another time.
- As I had triggered things manually, they weren't kicking off any followup steps automatically, so I stubbed out tag/source/*_build with a dummy and triggered the process again once all builds had been done. This correctly triggered all the L10n repacks.
We have no signing infrastructure for SeaMonkey right now, so I faked the signing step that is usually done after completion of builds and L10n repacks and before the update generation.
Logged onto stage-old.mozilla.org and ran
fakesign.sh as documented in 2.0b1 notes.
Updates and Verification
- l10n_verify as well as updates started normally, triggered after the repacks and fake-signing.
- Update verification steps were triggered after updates were done.
- Linux verification is red for cs having no updates, but succeeded for all other locales.
- Win32 verification is red, but that's expected as the general notes on verification log analysis point out, the .chk files for NSS differ. Also, cs fails for having no updates, other locales only have the known .chk difference.
- Mac verification is red for cs having no updates, but succeeded for all other locales.
zipcopy.sh as documented in 2.0b1 notes to provide ZIPs along with the installers for Windows.
Copy Language Packs
langpackmove.sh as documented in 2.0b1 notes to move the langpacks into the directory we want them in for release.
Push To Mirrors
make-checksums.sh which I created last time around, I created MD5SUMS and SHA1SUMS files containing all files we release. Also, I copied the README from last time and modified it as needed.
mirrorpush.sh, containing the line documented in 2.0b1 notes, I finally pushed the files to the public dir for mirrors to pick them up.
- Used 'Force Build' to start the final_verification builder, all tested URLs are HTTP 200 and 302 except cs, which fails (known) - still everything good to go!
Publish Updates to the beta Channel
~/bin/backupsnip 20090904-SeaMonkey-2.0b2 ~/bin/pushsnip 20090904-SeaMonkey-2.0b2
Wall Clock Time
- buildbot sendchange: Thu Sep 3 08:06:59 PDT 2009
- Start: Thu Sep 3 09:10:39 2009
- End: Thu Sep 3 09:27:35 2009 (automatic triggering of other steps failed due to the initial mess-up with tagging and still having builds in the queue when triggering the correct tagging)
- Elapsed: 16 mins, 56 secs
- Start: Thu Sep 3 11:00:40 2009
- End: Thu Sep 3 11:10:11 2009
- Elapsed: 9 mins, 31 secs
- Start: Thu Sep 3 11:01:55 2009
- End: Thu Sep 3 12:18:43 2009
- Elapsed: 1 hrs, 16 mins, 47 secs
- Start: Thu Sep 3 10:35:08 2009
- End: Thu Sep 3 12:48:59 2009
- Elapsed: 2 hrs, 13 mins, 50 secs
- (failed) Start: Thu Sep 3 10:22:48 2009 - slave lost after 29min
- Start: Thu Sep 3 16:51:00 2009
- End: Thu Sep 3 21:25:06 2009
- Elapsed: 4 hrs, 34 mins, 5 secs
- Start: Fri Sep 4 12:14:42 2009
- End: Fri Sep 4 12:52:56 2009
- Start: Fri Sep 4 12:31:41 2009
- End: Fri Sep 4 15:14:23 2009
- Start: Fri Sep 4 14:23:39 2009
- End: Fri Sep 4 16:27:56 2009
- Start: Fri Sep 4 17:49:41 2009
- End: Fri Sep 4 19:12:18 2009
- Elapsed: 1 hrs, 22 mins, 36 secs
Done manually at Fri Sep 4 16:59 PDT 2009
- Start: Fri Sep 4 22:14:21 2009
- End: Fri Sep 4 23:09:37 2009
- Elapsed: 55 mins, 15 secs
- Start: Fri Sep 4 19:12:18 2009
- End: Fri Sep 4 19:24:42 2009
- Elapsed: 12 mins, 24 secs
- Start: Fri Sep 4 21:02:28 2009
- End: Fri Sep 4 21:14:16 2009
- Elapsed: 11 mins, 47 secs
- Start: Fri Sep 4 23:09:37 2009
- End: Sat Sep 5 00:50:25 2009
- Elapsed: 1 hrs, 40 mins, 48 secs
- final_verification (triggered manually after mirror push)
- Start: Sat Sep 12 12:47:38 2009
- End: Sat Sep 12 12:50:07 2009
- Elapsed: 2 mins, 28 secs
- Determined that QA coverage is OK in the European night of September 11
- Did the actual push to mirrors at Sep 12 07:52 PDT 2009
- pushsnip to beta channel at Sat Sep 12 15:44:03 PDT 2009