SeaMonkey:Release Process:2.4.1

From MozillaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

« SeaMonkey 2.4.1

Build Harness

SeaMonkey:Release Automation


Tracking bug filed as bug 690041

Build Engineer

Justin Wood

Signed-off Revisions


L10n revisions based on milestone 2.4. (Chemspill release, no l10n updates)


  • Have to do the same s/mac/mac64/ work as in SeaMonkey 2.1b2. Will have to look into an easier way for that
  • Chemspill for bug 680802.
  • Doing a partial-update for 2.3.3->2.4.1 as well.


  • Made sure all build machines have clean release directories.
    • Manually on windows, jumphost sh
  • Updated build/buildbot-configs 37c4b9cc5bff for l10n and configs
  • Updated and reconfigured buildmaster
  • Kicked off with the following command:
(cd /builds/buildbot/master01/master && ../bin/buildbot \
sendchange --username=Callek --master=localhost:9010 \
--branch=releases/comm-release -c "SeaMonkey 2.4.1build1" doit)
  • Tagging completed fine
  • All builds finished fine.
  • All repacks finished fine.

Fake tr locale

Not Needed for this build


  • Our mac builds (non en-US) uploaded to mac64/ so I had to move them over to mac/ on stage, for both updates and builds.
    • Logged onto and ran sh ~/
    • which moves all mac64 files/directories to mac, and removes the mac64 dir.
  • We have no signing infrastructure for SeaMonkey right now, so I faked the signing step that is usually done after completion of builds and L10n repacks and before the update generation.
  • Logged onto and ran sh ~/

Updates and Verification

Updates on release 2.4 to 2.4.1

  • Update finished ok
  • Verifications finished ok

Updates on release 2.3.3 to 2.4.1

  • Graceful shutdown, and stopped existing (test-run) on update builder, cn-sea-qm-centos5-01
  • Used [Build Notes] as a template for this.
  • On Aus2-Community, doing a backup since we want to merge things together:
rsync -av SeaMonkey-2.4.1-build1-test{,.bak}/
rsync -av SeaMonkey-2.4.1-build1{,.bak}/
  • Clobbered non-release dirs on slave to be sure there is enough room.
 cd /builds/slave
 rm -rf comm-au* comm-cen* rel-comm*bld rel*tag rel*rpk rel*verify
  • Created new patcher-config and uploaded to tracking bug.
cd /builds/slave/rel-*updates/build
wget -O patcher-configs/mozRelease-seamonkey-branch-patcher2.cfg \

perl --download --app=seamonkey --brand=SeaMonkey \
perl --create-patches --partial-patchlist-file=patchlist.cfg \
  --app=seamonkey --config=patcher-configs/mozRelease-seamonkey-branch-patcher2.cfg \

find temp/seamonkey/2.3.3-2.4.1/ftp/seamonkey/nightly/2.4.1-candidates/build1 \
  -type f -exec chmod 644 '{}' ';'
find temp/seamonkey/2.3.3-2.4.1/ftp/seamonkey/nightly/2.4.1-candidates/build1 \
  -type d -exec chmod 755 '{}' ';'

rsync -av -e 'ssh -oIdentityFile=~/.ssh/seabld_dsa' '--exclude=*complete.mar' \
  temp/seamonkey/2.3.3-2.4.1/ftp/seamonkey/nightly/2.4.1-candidates/build1/update \

rsync -av -e 'ssh -oIdentityFile=~/.ssh/seabld_dsa' --exclude=complete.txt \
  temp/seamonkey/2.3.3-2.4.1/aus2.test/SeaMonkey/2.3.3/ \
rsync -av -e 'ssh -oIdentityFile=~/.ssh/seabld_dsa' --exclude=complete.txt \
  temp/seamonkey/2.3.3-2.4.1/aus2/SeaMonkey/2.3.3/ \
  • And re-pushed the test snippets:
# cltbld@aus2-staging
~/bin/pushsnip SeaMonkey-2.4.1-build1-test

Copy Language Packs

Used as documented in 2.0b1 notes to move the langpacks into the directory we want them in for release.


Used as documented in 2.0b1 notes to move the Windows zips into the directory we want them in for release.

Create Checksums

With as documented in 2.0.3 notes, created MD5SUMS and SHA1SUMS files containing all files we release - copying the README from last time and replacing the versions as needed, as well as doing the same for Linux x86_64.

Push To Mirrors

  • Used as documented in 2.0.3 notes to finally push the files to the public dir for mirrors to pick them up.

Final Verification

  • Used 'Force Build' to start the final_verification builder;
  • almost all tested URLs are HTTP 200 and 302

Push Updates to the release Channel

All 2.1+ to 2.4

Note use SeaMonkey-2.4.1-build1

On aus |/opt/aus2/snippets/staging/|:

~/bin/backupsnip SeaMonkey-2.4.1-build1
~/bin/pushsnip SeaMonkey-2.4.1-build1

Push build to TrendMicro

I used the TrendMicro provided staging ftp directory to stage 2.4 en-us win32 for them to scan, and be sure there are no false-positives.


  • Send announcement to mailing lists/newsgroups
  • Post announcement on SeaMonkey Blog


Update Patcher-Configs

  • For 2.0.14->2.4.1 MU we need to update Patcher Configs moz191-seamonkey-branch-major-patcher2.cfg
    • Replaced all refs of 2.4 to 2.4.1 in <current-update>...</current-update>
    • Replaced block of <2.3.3>...<2.3.3> in past updates with the block for 2.4 from mozRelease-seamonkey-branch-patcher2.cfg so that buildID's and URLs are all correct.
      • Really did not do this, (I did the replace as above), problems with buildID's don't _seem_ to exist here though.)
  • Checked in

Update Buildbot Configs

  • Updated build/buildbot-configs be99e50a7f8a to point at the 1.9.1 based config as our primary, and to update the lines for 2.4.1 MU.
  • Updated and reconfigured buildmaster
    • Ran into error on reconfig, due to new master setup (1.9.1 config points at l10n-changesets and I never symlinked that, fixed with a symlink)

Run MU Builder

  • On web interface for major-update and hit the Force Build button.
    • No Problems (Expected |ka| verification failure, due to no ka locale on 2.4)

Push Updates 2.0.14 to 2.4

Note use SeaMonkey-2.0.14-build2-2.4-build1-MU

On aus |/opt/aus2/snippets/staging/|:

~/bin/backupsnip SeaMonkey-2.0.14-build2-2.4-build1-MU
~/bin/pushsnip SeaMonkey-2.0.14-build2-2.4-build1-MU