SeaMonkey Meeting Details
- 1 Agenda
- 1.1 Action Items
- 1.2 SeaMonkey 2.0.7, SeaMonkey 2.0.8
- 1.3 SeaMonkey 2.0.9
- 1.4 SeaMonkey 2.1 Beta 1
- 1.5 Feature List, Planning
- 1.6 SeaMonkey Developer Meeting
- 1.7 Roundtable - Personal Status Updates
- 1.8 Any other business?
- Who's taking minutes? -> Ratty
(who needs to do what that hasn't been recorded in a bug) We should assign people to the open items.
- Get permission from Google to use their geolocation JSON service [KaiRo]. We can still only wait on the Google front right now. Didn't hear anything about open Geolocation service yet. No easy solution in sight.
SeaMonkey 2.0.7, SeaMonkey 2.0.8
- Both shipped in the last two weeks, 2.0.8 was an "oilspill" update to 2.0.7 to fix a startup crash.
- Synchronized with Firefox 3.5.12 and 3.5.13.
- Crash stats for 2.0.8 looks really good in comparison to 2.0.7, we should have fixed this correctly.
- Based on Gecko 188.8.131.52 and in sync with Firefox 3.5.14, target date TBD, see Releases.
SeaMonkey 2.1 Beta 1
- Targeted L10n freeze for 30th September and code freeze for 5th October. This roughly matches Gecko 2.0 RC1. After that, we'll see where Gecko is and where we are and if it really looks good for the final stretch to 2.1.
- Our main problem for a beta1 freeze is probably to get a Gecko version not broken for us. We can freeze our side on a broken tree if we want, but we'll only start builds from known-good revisions after the freeze.
- Given that Alpha3 has been out for a while, we should give testers another milestone soon as there have been a few more changes since then, including the JägerMonkey landing, that we should deliver to people. Also, this will be the first milestone with L10n, and localizers can use some more testing before final as well.
- We will do a second Beta that will be the actual feature freeze given that Firefox probably won't go RC1 in the next two weeks.
- KaiRo filed bug 598301 to get the necessary flags in to bugzilla.
(Further 2.1 scheduling:)
- Please help updating the New 2.1 Features page as we go.
- Plans for 2.1: 6-8 weeks per milestone, b1 in early October; followed by b2 (feature freeze) probably in late October; and a final to be decided later.
- This seems to match recently presented Firefox 4 plans relatively well - they're in beta now,
RC1 is planned for October and Final somewhere "soon" after.
- It would be good to get OOPP (Out Of Process Plugins) for SM2.1 (bug 545716) but we need some way to build libxul (bug 394502) to be able to build OOPP. LDAP work has to be done for that to be possible, the rest should at least build with libxul right now.
Feature List, Planning
Bug statistics for last two (full) weeks: 66 new, 40 fixed, 14 triaged.
- Fix rate is good, triage continues to be weak. Should do more there.
- Good further triage targets could come out of looking at the component bug counts, pick yours!
Major wanted/needed features:
Needing help, Unowned, Stalled
- bug 460953 kill-rdf port.
- bug 436794 Enable Mac OS X system address book per default and add UI.
- SM UI needed, unowned, helpwanted.
- bug 449728 Drag tabs between windows.
- bug 477845 Build a standalone (Gecko 2.0) Composer. [kaze]
- kaze is currently job hunting so doesn't have much time to spend on this.
- bug 477840 Backport KompoZer to Composer (Depends on bug 477845).
- kaze has done a ton of work there. We still need to work out some organizational issues. At the moment there is no active interest from MoMo for bringing standalone composer into comm-central. That's something we (KaiRo and kaze) will have to negotiate with the Thunderbird team (dmose).
- bug 523274 Complete new default theme icon set.
- A list of TODO icons is up in the bug.
- bug 526210 Update the icon set for the SeaMonkey Modern Theme.
- Some proposed icons got posted, we should take a look how to get that contribution into the product.
- The rest is unowned so far.
- bug 507841 Port Bug 422814 - Make account configuration quick, easy, and more secure (autoconfig, Quick Account Setup).
- bug 573391 Detect outdated plugins and notify users.
- bug 573538 No options for Safe-Mode.
- bug 533908 SeaMonkey Mail: tabs not restored [misak]
- No progress.
- bug 569341 Data Manager [KaiRo]
- KaiRo sr=Neil is there, working on IanN review now. The add-on version up on AMO is 1.0.2, including fixes for all of Neil's review comments.
- bug 410613 OpenSearch [KaiRo]
- Patch is up for review, needs a bit more work to address comments from Mnyromyr, but seems to work fine as a first step.
- bug 570004 Popup/"doorhanger" notifications [unowned]
- Neil decided to rewrite how doorhangers work in bug 595810, which will make all waiting-for-review patches incompatible with both our target and existing Firefox implementations, so KaiRo dropped work on this.
- Status of overall work, including anything of it making 2.1 is unknown right now.
- bug 467867 [META] Implement Firefox TabBrowser API in Seamonkey [misak]
- bug 566138 Better integration with Windows 7 taskbar
- bug 581526 Add SeaMonkey support for the Windows 7 jump list [mcsmurf]
- ToDo: Split up the patch again as it currently contains two separate features, otherwise the review will take ages. Mcsmurf will start on this on Friday this week.
- bug 576970 Port Sync UI to SeaMonkey trunk [InvisibleSmiley]
- ToDo: Port the change from statusbar to customizable toolbar button and one more l10n change, then create new patches; additionally react to Neil's prefs review comments.
- We will need to take a close look at Lightning, which is mainly targeting Thunderbird.
- Lightning 1.0 beta 1 is for SM2.0 and TB3.0, 1.0 beta 2 is for TB3.1 (Gecko 1.9.2), 1.0 beta 2 will probably be Gecko 2.0-based.
SeaMonkey Developer Meeting
See wiki page: SeaMonkey Developer Meeting
- Happening on October 23/24.
- Invitations have been sent out.
- Hotel has been decided on, more details on the wiki.
- Proposals for sessions are very much wanted.
- How many sessions will we do at all and how long should one session be?
- It might be a good idea to go over a proposed session plan on the last IRC meeting before the dev meeting. There happens to be one scheduled on Tuesday the same week.
Roundtable - Personal Status Updates
Status Updates from developers - what are you working on, what's the progress, any other comments? (feel free to add yourself to the list if your name is missing and you have interesting status).
- Mostly looking at test failures.
- Bugs fixed:
- bug 594342 add SeaMonkey to compatible applications list for search results, fixed mochitest-browser-chrome failures in browser_bug591465.js and browser_searching.js.
- bug 594425 port bug 581076 | add missing pref to browser-prefs.js.
- bug 594687 [SeaMonkey 2.1, mochitest-browser-chrome] TEST-UNEXPECTED-FAIL | chrome://mochikit/content/browser/suite/common/tests/browser/browser_346337.js and browser_466937.js.
- bug 595381 Package nsInputListAutoComplete.js.
- bug 595814 re-enabled mailnews/imap/test/unit/test_localToImapFilterQuarantine.js.
- Patches waiting for review:
- bug 585449 Should fix our test_askuser.js failures.
- Open Issues
- we don't hit an assertion anymore due to the disabled test_localToImapFilterQuarantine.js, but it still gets a timeout. Added a log to bug 584327.
- bug 521159 Detect outdated plugins and offer upgrade path -> Can work on it from Saturday 25. on, not sure what to do about doorhanger notifications.
- Short report from the "orange workforce": We made good progress on fixing perm oranges. The main problem areas are missing doorhanger notifications, the a11y-tests, and all those random oranges nobody really understands why and when they happen.
- bug 593855 Port |Bug 586754 Xpcshell tests should use relativesrcdir instead of $MODULE| to comm-central.
- bug 594707 [MacOSX SeaMonkey] mochitest-browser-chrome: "browser_visituri.js | Test timed out".
- bug 595188 [SeaMonkey 2.1, mochitest-browser-chrome] TEST-UNEXPECTED-FAIL | chrome://mochikit/content/browser/toolkit/content/tests/browser/browser_bug594509.js | about:rights content loaded.
- bug 589506 Scrub the codebase of MOZ_VIEW_SOURCE and MOZ_JSLOADER.
- bug 571527 Add pref for auto vs. ask-me addon update.
- bug 589471 [SeaMonkey 2.1, mochitest-plain-5] permanent "toolkit/components/satchel/test/test_form_submission.html | Test timed.
- bug 535048 nsILeakDetector leftovers in the tree (mozilla-central).
- bug 597403 nsILeakDetector leftovers in the c-c tree.
- bug 576026 runtests.py.in is an interpolated file and shouldn't be. [Testing/Mochitest]
- bug 594744 Update cache preferences for bug 559942.
- Usual testing, reviewing and commenting.
- Bugs fixed (comm-central):
- Bugs fixed (mozilla-central):
- Bugs being worked on:
- Bugs fixed:
- bug 588651 Privacy options are not cleared on closing SeaMonkey and instead cleared when SeaMonkey is reopened.
- bug 591649 Account Manager (and other screens) exceed display size and become unusable.
- bug 595548 Sync UI: preferences/sync.xul calling nonexistent function openPP, should be openPrivacyPolicy.
- Working on:
- bug 576970 Port Sync UI to SeaMonkey trunk.
- Released SeaMonkey 2.0.7.
- Saw a startup crash spiking in that release and stopped issuing updates while investiagting. Found one problem, fixed it, waited for another fix before going into oilspill mode and creating a 2.0.8 release.
- Released SeaMonkey 2.0.8 with a pretty good turnaround time overall.
- When Windows builds started burning, reacted and installed YASM there, as well as upgraded that package to 1.1 on Linux/Mac (bug 594468).
- Landed test for reusing empty tabs (bug 589659).
- Got reviews for and landed fast bookmarking button (bug 589601).
- Work on yet another doorhanger (bug 594776).
- Removed doorhanger notifications from my plate due to the last.minute rewrite of the system that Neil is working on in bug 595810.
- Got Council vote on UA string change and landed it (bug 591327).
- Uploaded a new Data Manager version to AMO, got some review comments from Ian and reacted to those (bug 569341).
- Worked on OpenSearch support enough to make it review-ready and discussed a few details of the patch (bug 410613).
- Created a patch for sidebar with personas applied (bug 581382).
- Added Finnish as new locale for 2.0.x (bug 595516).
- Worked with William to get invitations done and sent out for the SeaMonkey Developer Meeting.
- Finalized the vanue/hotel for that event.
- Attended the German Mozilla Community Meetup.
- More planning on visit to MV.
- As usual, my blog has more detailed status about my work, and Mozilla Status Board Posts also tell about my next planned steps.
- bug 593683 Small fixes in tabbed browser: also treat about:sessionrestore as initial page, and while calling "onLocationChange" also notify global observers.
Fixed bug 588122 GUI needed to toggle browser.tabs.insertRelatedAfterCurrent.
Bugs fixed in mozilla-central:
- bug 586408 Can't use context menu on toolbar to customize icons/text.
- bug 588070 Anonymous tooltips don't work.
- bug 596237 [SeaMonkey 2.1] TEST-UNEXPECTED-FAIL | chrome://mochikit/content/browser/content/html/document/test/browser_bug592641.js.
Bugs fixed Misc:
- bug 579862 Consider using SETLOCAL in start-*.bat. [MozillaBuild]
- bug 579864 Make SDK compiler detection more reliable. [MozillaBuild]
Waiting for review/approval:
- bug 595570 Bookmark Sidebar no longer shows the Bookmark title when you hover over a link.
- bug 595810 Centralise notifications for ease of conversion to doorhangers.
- bug 534248 Middle-clicking to stop autoscroll may activate contentLoadURL (deactivate,clipboard,paste).
- bug 594988 Change -moz-border-radius* properties to css3-background names in suite/.
- bug 595273 Package dom_notification.xpt.
- bug 595442 Port front end of bug 594261 |Factor out geolocation prompt into something that can be reused|.
- bug 595630 Change "-moz-box-shadow" to "box-shadow" in suite/.
- bug 586947 Places File Bookmark (Ctrl+D) needs improvement badly.
- Porting bug 584658 (Switch to tab should not register subframes as open pages) but decided that all we need is to port the tests in bug 550565.
- bug 595483 Port duplicateTabIn introduced in bug 448546.
- Bug triage, feedback, reviews, and Bug discussions.
- AgitProp and PR in http://forums.mozillazine.org/.
- bug 373457 Document add-ons/extensions manager.
- bug 246405 mail_help.xhtml should be split to several files.
- Fixed SeaMonkey (related) bugs:
- Fixed MailNews Core bugs:
- bug 548113 Sync to Breakpad revision 554 to pick up DWARF CFI + ARM work
- Fixed (or in-progress) Core bugs:
- bug 589609 [SeaMonkey 2.1, mochitest-browser-chrome] browser_NetUtil.js:6 - ReferenceError: Cu is not defined
- bug 591741 [SeaMonkey] mochitest-a11y: relations/test_tabbrowser.xul times out
- bug 595708 "nsDocument.cpp(4377) : error C2248: 'nsAString_internal::nsAString_internal' : cannot access protected member declared in class 'nsAString_internal'"
- bug 595394 Error: formatURL: Couldn't find value for key: SIDEBAR_VERSION
- bug 597811 [SeaMonkey] mochitests-1/5: "WARNING: NS_ENSURE_SUCCESS(rv, rv) ... nsHTMLInputElement.cpp, line 436" + "test_bug592802.html | Test timed out.", caused by "test_bug548193.html / nsContentPrefService.js"
- bug 586026 New places ui lacks mac css and certain icons doesn't blend in with existing.
- bug 593838 unsortedBookmarks.png ought to have equal amount of transparency at top/bottom.
- bug 594127 bookmarks-chevron doesn't display in mac classic.
- bug 594993 Change -moz-border-radius* properties to css3-background names in /calendar.
- bug 595378 Need to switch border-radius: 100% to 10000px.
- bug 595724 [Mac default] move some style rules in mailWindow1.css.
- bug 597172 Update Help for the new location of the 'Check for Updates' menuitem.
Bugs waiting for review/approval:
- bug 593944 No icons in alltabs menuitems.
- bug 594991 Change -moz-border-radius* properties to css3-background names in mail/.
- bug 596758 Need to rename 'menu_HelpUpdatesSeparator' to 'updateSeparator'.
Bugs being worked on:
- bug 537343 Need new entities for proper Mac menu items localization in all the supported locales.
- bug 595978 Update mac readme (no ppc support).
Any other business?