Wiki has moved to http://wiki.commonjs.org/ please make all further edits there
Name change underway!
This site is a starting point for collecting up ideas, links and any draft API suggestions for the CommonJS group. Discussions occur on that mailing list and on IRC (#serverjs on freenode).
This is a list of issues currently being discussed / standardized. They come from the "Low level" department, as we need to have a solid basics prior to building a tower.
- Filesystem API
- Binary Data Objects (byte arrays and/or strings)
- I/O Streams
- Encodings and character sets
- System Interface (stdin, stdout, stderr, &c)
- C unified API to our Target Platforms
- Unit testing
Pending Business / Calls for Action / Status Report
- Language and Runtime Services
- Socket I/O (TCP/IP)
- Command line processing
- Relational database interface
- ResultSets (collections of data maybe from RDBMS, maybe from other sources)
- Web server to application interface (plus middleware)
- String / ByteString I/O
This is the collection of APIs that implement common functionality on top of the low-level API.
- Narwhal (Rhino, v8; SecurableModules, File API draft 4 tier 1)
- Flusspferd (Spidermonkey/C++; SecurableModules)
- Helma NG (Rhino; SecurableModules)
- Ondrej Zara's v8cgi (v8; SecurableModules)
- Wes Garland's GPSEE (Spidermonkey/C; SecurableModules)
- Kris Kowal's chiron (Web browsers; SecurableModules)
- Persevere (Rhino; SecurableModules)
- nathan smith is implementing SecurableModules for JScript and ASP at http://github.com/smith/interoperablejscript/tree/master
- mob is implementing SecurableModules in Ejscript http://www.ejscript.org
- pmuellr posted a sample loader for SecurableModules: http://wiki.github.com/pmuellr/modjewel
- ServerJS tests compatible with this test framework.