* Provide a highly accurate geolocation service for any device and in any country, based on publicly observable signal information (like Bluetooth, cell and WiFi networks or IP addresses).
* Improve the privacy aspects of the geolocation service compared to the current market offerings.
* [https://wiki.mozilla.org/CloudServices/Location/Links Relevant projects and literature]
* [https://wiki.mozilla.org/CloudServices/Location/DataSources Overview of existing data sources]
* [https://wiki.mozilla.org/CloudServices/Location/Leaderboard Old leaderboard]* [https://wiki.mozilla.org/CloudServices/Location/Meetings Old meeting notes]
=== Bug reporting ===
* Bugs can be reported in the general Bugzilla tracker under the [https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/describecomponents.cgi?product=Cloud%20Services&component=Location Cloud Services :: Location] component (for legal, operations, or unknown category)* A list of open bugs : [https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/buglist.cgi?product=Cloud%20Services&component=Location&resolution=--- Location bugs] * Bugs specific to the [https://github.com/mozilla/MozStumbler Mozilla Stumbler application] and the [http://github.com/mozilla/ichnaea/ Ichnaea Service] should be reported in their respective github issue trackers.
=== Communication ===
Join the '''#geo''' channel on [[IRC|Mozilla's IRC]] server (''irc.mozilla.org '').* You can subscribe to the mailing list at https:// lists.mozilla.org/ listinfo/ dev-geolocation