About the Fennec (Mobile Firefox ) Project ==
"Fennec" is the code name for the mobile version of Firefox.
To download, use, and learn about mobile Firefox, see :
'''[http:// www.mozilla. com/ mobile/ Mobile Firefox home page] ''' - Download Firefox for Android* [http://support.mozilla.org/products/mobile Firefox Help for Mobile] - For questions and problems with mobile Firefox* [ [Mobile|Mozilla Mobile wiki] ] - News and information about Mozilla mobile development
Still have questions? See our [http://mozilla.com/mobile/faq FAQ] for Mobile. If you're interested in what we'll be working on over the next 6 months or so, please see [[Mobile/Planning]].
== Supported Platforms ==
Mozilla is developing Firefox for '''[[Mobile/Platforms/Android|Google Android]]'''. Mozilla supported '''[[Mobile/Platforms/Maemo|Nokia Maemo]]''' up to Firefox 7. Official support was dropped for Maemo after Firefox 7. See [[Mobile/Platforms]] for more details. == Features == Firefox for mobile is packed with your favorite features, including: *Awesome Bar – Go to your favorite sites in just a couple of keystrokes with intelligent and personalized searching *[[Firefox Sync]] – Sync your Firefox tabs, history, bookmarks and passwords between your desktop and mobile device for a seamless browsing experience *[http://addons.mozilla.org/mobile/ Add-ons] – Customize your Firefox by adding small pieces of functionality, like games and news readers, that help make the mobile Web browser your own *Location-Aware Browsing – Get maps and information relevant to your location *Tabbed browsing – View open tabs as thumbnails to easily identify and select the Web page you’d like to go to next *Safe Browsing – Get an Instant Web Site ID and easily access and edit security settings *Available in more than 30 languages and counting. See the complete list of [https://www.mozilla.com/en-US/mobile/features/ Mobile Features]. == Project and Design Documents ==
* [[Mobile/Fennec/Vision|Fennec vision statement]]
* [[Mobile/User Experience|Fennec user experience]]
* [[Mobile/Fennec/Extensions | Building extensions]] for Fennec* [[Mobile/Fennec/Architecture | Architecture overview]] of the front-end UI* [[Mobile/ Fennec/Research | Research Questions]] for Fennec* [[/Fennec2.0|Fennec 2.0 planning]] * [[Fennec/NativeUI|Fennec NativeUI Documentation]] == Performance == Performance, memory consumption and on-device footprint are crucial to both embedders and Fennec.
* [[Mobile/Performance |Performance/Memory issues]]
** [[Mobile/StartupOptimization | Startup optimization]] ** [[Mobile/XULOptimization | XUL optimization]] ** [[Mobile/MemoryOptimization | Memory optimization]] ** [[Mobile/Profiling | Profiling]] ** [[Mobile/MemoryReduction | Memory reduction]] A list of [ http://wiki.mozilla.org/Mobile/Metrics dashboards] that can be used to track performance and memory usage. == Building and Running Fennec ==* [[Mobile /Build| Ports, build instructions, platform support]] * [http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/mobile/ Download official builds for mobile and desktop platforms]
* [[/Tips|Miscellaneous tips and tricks]]
== Testing Fennec ==
* [[WritingFennecTests|How to write Fennec tests]]
* [[QA/Fennec|Mobile QA Home]]
* Running [[Mobile/Fennec Mochitest|Mochitests on Fennec for Nokia]]<br>
* [[Mobile:TestPage|Interesting web pages to test]]
* [http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/mobile/nightly/latest-mobile-trunk/ Trunk (Fennec 2.0) nightly builds]
* [http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/mobile/releases/latest-beta/ Latest beta release builds]
* [https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/buglist.cgi?resolution=---&classification=Client%20Software&query_format=advanced&product=Fennec Open Fennec bugs]
* [https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/buglist.cgi?classification=Client%20Software&query_format=advanced&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&product=Fennec Unconfirmed Fennec bugs]
* [https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/buglist.cgi?resolution=---&classification=Client%20Software&chfieldto=Now&chfield=%5BBug%20creation%5D&query_format=advanced&chfieldfrom=10d&product=Fennec Fennec bugs created in the last 10 days]
* [https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&field0-0-0=cf_blocking_fennec&type0-0-0=equals&value0-0-0=%3F&resolution=--- Fennec nominated blockers]