Spreadfirefox Dev Tips
- Although some content is specific to Bugzilla, Bugzilla:Developers is a good example of how development works in general on Spread Firefox (and Mozilla in general).
- Use PEAR coding style
- Comment your code.
- Function definition blocks at the least
- Inline comments for complex code, use your best judgment
- Always put a bug # and descriptive comment about the changes in your SVN commit messages.
- Don't embed HTML code in PHP code.
- Define templates and keep presentation separate from logic code.
- Don't touch the Drupal core. If you think you absolutely have to, OK it with another developer and document where and why you did so.
- Don't push on Fridays or when you won't be around to verify the changes.
- Drupal CVS
- Please commit changes back to drupal.org wherever possible as it's important that we don't fork our distribution
- For specific detailed instructions on how to setup a local MAMP server for development , please click here
- For generic instructions on setting up a local server on different OS's please click here