Stewards/Coding/Group 03 05 14
- Meeting time: Wednesday, March 4th at 11 AM Pacific
- Video: David's vidyo room (use this link for guest access)
- Audio: If video doesn't work, call +1 800 707 2533, pin 369, conf 9634#
- Back channel: #mozillians
- The agenda was unspecified, mhoye, pierros, jdm and bbondy in attendance.
Action Items For Next Meeting
- [mhoye] Engagement is refreshing a number of mailing lists, which I think we will be able to add snippets to eventually. Tracking that and making sure it happens is mhoye's action item.
- [mhoye] Figure out what the engagement metrics story around ReviewBoard and ElasticSearch.
- [Pierros] Schedule a mentor-watch specific meeting regarding functionality
- mhoye has updated and pushed the nightly first run page with modern links (https://github.com/mozilla/bedrock/pull/1751) - feedback from codefirefox users who want to translate it to other languages
- Code Firefox
- Translations for Code Firefox videos steps: - Code Firefox uses Amara for video translations / subtitles - All of these videos need subtitles in other langues: http://www.amara.org/en/search/#/?q=codefirefox - Alternately you can: Go to any video on codefirefox.com - Click on Turn on "Turn on translated subtitles" - Click on the drop down and then video page - On the Amara video page click on Create a new translation! - GA shim insertion for metrics is on hold because we're maxed out on the number of sites we can have. - I'm looking for content creators for various topics (webdev?, FxOS?), looking for someone to commit to making multiple videos, let me know if you think of anyone who might be interested. - Will be adding Tabzilla menu bar to Code Firefox. - May look into hosting Code Firefox through Mozilla services
- Josh presented mentored bugs to subset of FXOS productivity team: www.joshmatthews.net/mentoredbugs/mozilla.html
- didn't receive clear commitment; some wishy-washy bit at the end - pierros: how can we track whether this was successful? - jdm: Tool to track code mentors: http://www.joshmatthews.net/mentorwatch/
- [Pierros] We need a Coding group breakdown to update the Conversion Points
FirefoxDesktop FirefoxMetro (probably same conversion points as Deskop?) FirefoxOS Firefox for Android Addons-SDK Core Toolkit et more et more
Group conversion points, by making sure to establish a Default one, and allow subgroups to opt out. [Pierros] to bring this up with the group (Does the updated ones from FxOS make sense as defaults?)
- Notes about traceability
- Metrics will hook you into Google Analytics if you ask - use it if you're making a site, so we can track contributor-engagement thereby.
- Mzl.la is a thing we own - use it as well, if you're using Twitter in particular.