Social media helps Firefox better understand its users. There are about 14,000 questions/comments on Firefox social media platforms every month. More often than not, when people experience issues with Firefox, they tend to share them on Twitter before submitting bugs or seeking out solutions from SUMO. We're here to help, share our knowledge and build relationships that will empower our users to get the most out of their Firefox experience.
Who we are
We're a community of enthusiastic volunteers and employees trying to support our users around the globe. Your contributions will reach millions of users worldwide, and you can do it from the comfort of your couch. Join us for an incredible adventure!
What do we do
- Answer users queries and solve their issues on Twitter.
- Manage posts and comments directed to us.
- Share positive and uplifting posts about Mozilla and Firefox.
Reply by Buffer
We use an awesome social publishing tool called Respond. It works by segmenting inbound tweets posts and comments by language. It also allows you, as a contributor, to reply to users, to assign posts to yourself, other Social contributors and leads, to tag posts, leave notes on a particular issue, and share content.
The Social team is structured into the following :
|Support Community Managers||
|SUMO / Social leads||
|SUMO / Social Scouts||
Sounds awesome! How do I get involved?
- Start by emailing Sierra (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Rachel (email@example.com) and say you're interested in joining Social Support.
- And please sign up with this form:  to make sure we get a notification.
If you have a specific question or if you just want to learn more about the program :
- IRC : You can join us on these channels on irc.mozilla.org
- Telegram : Support Mozilla (SuMo) (To avoid spam, send an e-mail to Sierra or to any Respond/SuMo contributor so he/she can add you)