Tab on demand/Test Plan
Automatic Session Restore with Tabs on Demand
|Feature||Status||Lead engineer||QA Lead||Status|
|Automatic Session Restore with Tabs on Demand||Landed||Paolo Amadini||Mihaela Velimiroviciu (:mihaelav)||Signed-off on Firefox 13|
- Most users prefer starting the browser right where they left off. Firefox is moving to a model that restores all tabs when a user starts up the browser but delays the loading of background tabs until they are needed. This will improve the performance and usability of Firefox just after launch.
- Select "Show my windows and tabs from last time" startup option
- Firefox restart with option enabled by default
- App tabs loading
- Restore form private browsing mode
- Restore after crash
- The test cases for this feature can be viewed Firefox::Aurora::Aurora Basic Functional Tests (BFTs)::FX Aurora BFTs - Tabs on Demand or here.
- 711193 - turn on "don't load tabs until selected" by default VERIFIED FIXED
5 Total; 2 Open (40%); 2 Resolved (40%); 1 Verified (20%);
- Restart using other startup options
Sign off Criteria
- All the test cases were executed.
- All the major bugs have been fixed.
- 2012-03-16 Signed-off for Aurora
- 2012-04-27 Signed-off on Firefox 13 beta 1
- 2012-06-04 Final sign-off for Firefox 13