Agenda & Notes
- Account Provisioning
- Release on Messaging Labs blog in the next small number of days
- Currently starting to think about what we want to get into 3.3x and planning around that. Thunderbird:Thunderbird_Post_3.1_Plan, Thunderbird:UX/Priorities
- Next alpha will be early January.
- Startup time
- blocker bug exists to ensure that we don't regress 3.3
- Standard8 will land omnijar soon, may be enough to satisfy that constraint
- Stability & Security Releases: 3.1.x and 3.0.x
- 3.1.7 and 3.0.11 released.
- End of life for 3.0.x nightlies planned for Wednesday, see mail list for details.
- 3.0.11 -> 3.1.7 probably to be unthrottled before Christmas, depending on what uptake is like.
- Ubuntu is currently upgrading users from 3.0.x to 3.1.7.
- Ludo to talk to other distros suggesting the same
- 22.214.171.124 -> 3.1.7 refresh this week.
- Anti-Virus Vendors
- Trend Micro interested in whitelisting mechanism for executables. Will be pushing Firefox to flesh out more details of what this is.
- (outstanding) Standard8 planning to set up mailing list to inform partners, who have sounded receptive in initial discussions.
- Need to think more around what MoCo have said, and how it affects what we want.
- Advertised Major Updates background
- 3.0 -> 3.1.x:
- 11th Aug @ 10%, 13th Aug @ 25%, 25th Aug completely unthrottled.
- Throttled and unthrottled at various times to according to releases.
- 2.0 -> 3.1.x:
- 18th Aug @ 10%, 31st Aug @ 25%, 28th Oct completely unthrottled
- Consider using more aggressive upgrade text on old 2.0.0 version start pages
- % ADUs across each build:
- 3.0 -> 3.1.x:
|1 Nov||17.7||8.3||73.9|| ADUs were down (Europe on Holiday|
Low/weekend figures tend to have lower 2.0 ADUs.
The day after was 18.8% on 2.0.
|8 Nov||18.1||8.3||73.5||Suspect rise is due to the fact we've got "full" ADUs this week.|
- Still users moving across but slowing down. 3.1.7 will "refresh" offer - for 2.x users today, for 3.0.x users probably next week.
- Conversion funnel
- Funnelcake 3 appears to be a 6% improvement from Funnelcake 1. rebron working on more detailed understanding of numbers.
- Funnelcake 4 currently targeted at January 6th
rebron, Ludo, gozer, Standard8, bienvenu, dmose