<a href="Thunderbird/StatusMeetings/2011-08-02">last meeting</a> | <a href="Thunderbird/StatusMeetings">index</a> | <a href="Thunderbird/StatusMeetings/2011-08-16">next meeting »</a>
(current release schedules returning soon)
Thunderbird Meeting Details :
- Tuesday, August 9, 2011 16:30 UTC (9:30am Pacific, 12:30pm Eastern)
- <a href="Thunderbird/StatusMeeting/DialInInfo">How to dial-in</a>
Remember to press *1 to unmute yourself before talking!
Feel free to ask questions in the meeting either by speaking up or by asking them in <a href="http://www.mibbit.com/chat/?server=irc.mozilla.org&channel=%23maildev">#maildev</a> on IRC.
Other ways to get in touch with us can be found on our <a href="Thunderbird/CommunicationChannels">communications</a> page
- Who's taking minutes? --> rebron
- <a href="https://www.google.com/calendar/embed?mode=agenda&src=5m2lftdbbr6c3dr9s3foivs278%40group.calendar.google.com">Minute taking Schedule</a>. Talk to Standard8 for schedule changes/additions.
- Note: this meeting is for interactive discussion. Feel free to ask questions!
Friends of the Tree
- No nominations this week.
Thanks to our Friend of the Tree. When adding someone to this section, please get their T-Shirt size, phone number (needed for shipping!) and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org so that he can send them a shirt!
For more details, see also the <a href="Thunderbird/Driver Meetings/2011-08-09">driver meeting notes</a>.
<a href="Thunderbird:Feature Work">Feature Work</a>
<a href="Thunderbird/Experiments#Account_Provisioner">Account Provisioner</a>
- No news this week.
- No news this week.
- Coming along nicely. Merging changes to main trunk this week.
Compose in a tab
Ubuntu Unity Integration
- Unofficially, mission accomplished!
- Canonical will bundle my EDS Contacts Integration add-on with Thunderbird after the next beta is released
- I've started poking at the EDS provider for Lightning - might try to flex some muscle on that
Schedule and Progress
- Releasing final beta today or tomorrow.
- 48 locales in this release.
- Final builds should start on Wednesday or Thursday.
- Add-on compatibility bump happening on Thursday or Friday
- We're aware this is late, will be able to improve and do this earlier from now on.
- Releasing on the 16th August assuming no issues found.
- Merge to beta on 16th August - next week, we'll start beta builds soon after.
- Merges to Earlybird on 16th August.
- 3.1.12 released on the beta channel.
- Bug Lists: <a href="http://hg.mozilla.org/users/bugzilla_standard8.plus.com/drivertools/raw-file/default/bugtracking/index.html?branch=3.1">3.1</a>
- Discussions re: support on Mozilla Enterprise working group along with Firefox 3.6.
Extension of the week
<a href="https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/bugmail/">bugmail</a> A nice extension that adds value if you receive plenty of bugspam. Say you have a Thread of emails and start reading it, with that extension you'll know the status of the bug at the beginning of the thread. Combined with the magic r keyboard shortcut you can be way more efficient at reading your daily bugmail. Bugzilla, Trac, Flyspray and Launchpad are the currently supported bug systems.
<a href="Thunderbird:Testing">QA</a> Updates
Working on releases mostly.
- <a href="http://cnettv.cnet.com/mozilla-thunderbird-5/9742-1_53-50109118.html?tag=contentMain;contentBody;1n">Nice video</a> on c|Net covering Thunderbird 5
- Releases: Tb6 betas and working on Tb6 final.
- Coordinating with Firefox launch teams.
- blog.mozilla.com/thunderbird up, still a few theme tweaks
- Drafted up <a href="http://etherpad.mozilla.com:9000/lxWvTlhZ3D">Test Pilot Studies</a>.
- Made contact w/ Ubuntu for marketing/pr for Thunderbird in Ubuntu.
Build / Release Update
- patched amo-validator to add Thunderbird compatibility checks
- committed blog theme, still needs some tweaks
- merges, bugfixes on mozilla.org/thunderbird and discussed the upcoming mozilla.com+org merge
- article updates:
- contributor engagement form
- metric collection
- update / create boilerplate for responses
(If you support Thunderbird or write or translate documentation to help support Thunderbird, please <a href="https://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/tb-support-crew">subscribe to the tb-support-crew mailing list</a> and briefly introduce yourself to the list)
- 1993 new support topics (1938 2 weeks ago) - <a href="1-7August2011-Community_stats_for_Mozilla_Messaging.png" class="internal" _fcknotitle="true" _fck_mw_filename="1-7August2011-Community_stats_for_Mozilla_Messaging.png" _fck_mw_type="media" title="1-7August2011-Community_stats_for_Mozilla_Messaging.png">1-7August2011-Community_stats_for_Mozilla_Messaging.png</a>
- <a href="Thunderbird/Thunderbird5.0SupportIssues">Thunderbird 5 Support Issues</a>
- Started <a href="Thunderbird/Thunderbird6.0SupportIssues">Thunderbird 6 Support Issues</a> in preparation for TB6 release. Please edit the page and add any issues found in TB6 Beta 1, 2, 3 and release
- See <a href="Thunderbird/StatusMeetings/2011-08-09/SupportAppendix">this week's Support Appendix</a> for full Get Satisfaction metrics and other support details
Unfortunately I can't make it to the meeting today. As discussed with the Thunderbird Drivers, Lightning needs to return to non-beta version numbers as fast as possible. I will be attempting to release Lightning 1.0 together with Thunderbird 7, so on September 27th.
To achieve this goal, I have further condensed the buglist to a very small number. Despite exams I'm going to try to fix these bugs in the next weeks, so we can broaden testing to make 1.0 as good as possible. Please take a look at <a _fcknotitle="true" href="Calendar Talk:1.0 Product Planning#Version_2:_Together_with_TB7">Calendar Talk:1.0 Product Planning#Version_2:_Together_with_TB7</a> and let me know if there are any more urgent issues that you think need to be taken care of in 1.0.
See the <a href="http://benjamin.smedbergs.us/weekly-updates.fcgi/project/thunderbird">Mozilla Status Board</a> for status updates specific to developers.
protz: At Vancouver office, several GLODA improvements now and more next week.
bienvenu, bwinton, jb, jenzed, mconley, jhopkins, rebron, sancus, andreasn, standard8, ludo, irving, rolandtanglao