Thunderbird meeting notes 2014-04-15 Minute taker - don't forget to save a revision of the pad before clearing it for next use. Please don't forget to post on wiki.mozilla.org after the end of the meeting so that they will go public in the meeting notes blog.
- mconley, mkmelin, florian, roland, irving, rkent
Action items from last meetings
Friends of the tree
Current status and discussions
- Thunderbird 29 is scheduled for release on April 29th! Test test test
- Got through some more of my review queue this past weekend. Thanks to mkmelin and JosiahOne picking my reviews up where they can. Thinking of redirecting a lot of Paenglab's recent review requests to JosiahOne, who has access to a Win 8.1 machine.
- Finish bug Bug 980491 which ports the new Australis toolbar button style on OS X to TB.
- I now have time to work on bug 440377 (Redesign recipients address fields (To, Cc, Bcc) as single-line input fields for multiple comma separated addresses)
- Decided to halt a white-on-black theme as support for it after completion would probably become too much.
* Bug #?
- Got some new hardware that should help speed up development in the future.
- discovered we have no crash reports since 2013-11-13 for 27b,28a+b, daily, etc (bug 990676), recently fixed by bug 982077 Set up DLL blocklist before LoadAppInitDlls
- I am working on bug https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=979607 with wsmwk & sfhowes about optimizing thunderbird support flow on support.mozilla.org. Also working on list of support related tasks.
- GSOC Update?
- We've done our initial selection of students / projects, and our selections will be announced on Monday by Google.
- Have you been following the thread in planning about moving comm-central into mozilla-central
- We're receiving a lot of pushback from bsmedberg on our plans there.
- Has the attitude towards supporting Thunderbird changed within the Mozilla Corp structure?
- Not explicitly, no - but we've got a lot on our plates, and it's hard to get people to pay attention to Thunderbird.
- [mconley] Where are our beta builds for 29? Those are very much missing still.
- Same l10n bug as before - being actively worked on. See bug 909952