Thunderbird meeting notes 2014-10-09
Previous meetings https://wiki.mozilla.org/Thunderbird/StatusMeetings#Meeting_Notes
clokep, mconley, mkmelin, rolandtanglao, florian, rkent, JosiahOne, sshagarwal
Action items from last meetings
- rkent and wsmwk to unblock / deal with bienvenu bugs
- Irving says this is "basically done".
- mconley: Come up with a short-list of volunteers to go on camera, send out emails with questions on them to get responses, find the responses that resonate, and from that, assemble our script.
- Handed this off to rkent, who's been asking for feedback on tb-planning.
Friends of the tree
Current status and discussions
- There are several critical bugs keeping us from doing the move from 24 to 31. Please leave these here until they're fixed.
- Hightail is being migrated out of the default Filelink provider list. See bug 1080587
- Thunderbird has not been submitting data to Telemetry. See bug 956101.
- Been in discussion with Aaron Mandel
- Take over the TB start page
- Have everybody at the Summit give a 3-4 sentence description of what they do on Thunderbird that we can use on the start page.
- This would be quite a change - we'd be raising the profile of individual contributors to the project.
- Aaron will be there Thursday and Friday. Will do some video of the whole group / group shots, and then do some individual shots.
- The script is difficult. Any help with words would be wonderful. Please help. Time is short.
- Summit mailing list is https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/thunderbird-summit
- Information about getting from the airport to the hotel still forthcoming. Hopefully next day or so.
- Currently arranging things like the dinners, etc.
- Nothing new, the same pending from two weeks ago:
- Plan to take a look at creating the "Additional Protocols for Thunderbird" (i.e. libpurple for TB) "soon"
I will be taking portrait and group photos for future marketing material and blog posts; if you don't want your photo taken or on the internet or marketing materials let me know and I won't include you!
- Should we be using Treeherder or tbpl? (stars migrate one-way from treeherder -> tbpl)
- tbpl operational "the next quarter", after that unknown
- https://thunderbird.etherpad.mozilla.org/support-transition-2015 if you want to help out with the Thunderbird support leadership council and have contributed significantly to Thunderbird support, email rtanglao AT mozilla.com
- mconley to try to book Osgoode for the morning of Friday for various smaller talks
- mconley to talk to jlin about streaming